• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aer Lingus now offering night before bag drop at Dublin. Your advice?

kizzabel

Eating poisonous apples since '86
Evening :wave:

I had an email today from Aer Lingus informing me you can now drop your bags the night before you fly at Dublin airport.
I think its a great idea and perfect for us as we will be staying the night before our November trip at the airport Premier Inn but I'm a little bit unsure! So I thought I would ask the experts!

Is it too much bother or worth it?

I love the idea of not having the queue in the morning and sailing straight through to security but I would have to bring my make up as hand luggage and the phone charger etc. Do you think its a lot of faffing about?

I would love some insight!! I understand some airlines in the UK offer this service already so I was hoping some of you guys may be able to clue me in on it.

Thanks in advance!

It sounds like a good time saver but I would make sure to check how easy it is to get your bags back if you flight is canceled or massively delayed and you had to make alternative arrangements

x

addverbaan said:
It sounds like a good time saver but I would make sure to check how easy it is to get your bags back if you flight is canceled or massively delayed and you had to make alternative arrangements

x

Oooh I never thought of that! Good thinking! I'll ring and quiz them up.
Thanks x

Ive done this before and it was nice not having to queue in the morning and being able to go straight through security.

Remember all your toiletries and make up will have to be under 100ml - I just took as little as possible with me in my hand luggage already in a plastic bag.

I also binned our underwear and socks from the day before instead of having to carry too many dirty clothes in hand luggage and also took old vest tops to sleep in instead of having to take pyjamas and binned those as well.

We've done this a few times with Virgin from Gatwick and it's wonderful.

Once they brought in the liquids rule for flying, we planned ahead and kept back old makeup, toiletries, toothpaste etc instead of binning them so we were able to use them on the morning of the flight then bin them. If this isn't possible just keep them to below 100ml in the plastic bag. We also did the same as A Small World and wore old undies, socks and T-shirts that got slept in then all got binned. I always put all my chargers in hand luggage anyway.

I really missed this service when we flew from Heathrow last year, if I were you I'd try it the once, if you don't think it's worth it for you you can skip it the next time.

A Small World said:
Ive done this before and it was nice not having to queue in the morning and being able to go straight through security.

Remember all your toiletries and make up will have to be under 100ml - I just took as little as possible with me in my hand luggage already in a plastic bag.

I also binned our underwear and socks from the day before instead of having to carry too many dirty clothes in hand luggage and also took old vest tops to sleep in instead of having to take pyjamas and binned those as well.

Good thinking re binning clothes but we'll be able to throw bits back into the car before we leave so no worries there. I just need to assess my make up bag. Thanks

Ware Bears said:
We've done this a few times with Virgin from Gatwick and it's wonderful.

Once they brought in the liquids rule for flying, we planned ahead and kept back old makeup, toiletries, toothpaste etc instead of binning them so we were able to use them on the morning of the flight then bin them. If this isn't possible just keep them to below 100ml in the plastic bag. We also did the same as A Small World and wore old undies, socks and T-shirts that got slept in then all got binned. I always put all my chargers in hand luggage anyway.

I really missed this service when we flew from Heathrow last year, if I were you I'd try it the once, if you don't think it's worth it for you you can skip it the next time.

I think I will Elaine. I'll just have to be practical about hand luggage for once! I think it should be very doable though and the thoughts of skipping that horrible long bag drop queue is so appealing! I'm sitting in the airport at the minute waiting to collect my husband and it's torture! Hurry up November!

Just checked out the aer lingus page as I didn't get an email kizzy.....it may not apply to me as my child will be 16 on travel date...it seems to be geared towards younger families....I may check it out though as sounds good! looking at hotels for night before would you recommend the premier Inn I normally park and stay at Bewley s....where do you park I'd staying at premier???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter