Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing pictures. I can't imagine how they are going to make that big cube (GoG) fit in at epcot though.

I suppose it depends on what you mean by "fit in EPCOT". There are quite a few buildings in that part of the park that have a theme that the GoG building (at least its shape) that share a theme of geometric solids: Spaceship Earth is sphere, Imagination (building and sculptures) is pyramids, Test Track is cylinder, Wonders of Life is part of a sphere. So, to me at least, the shape of GoG (cube or rectangular prism) fits quite well as far as shape.

I suppose it depends on what you mean by "fit in EPCOT". There are quite a few buildings in that part of the park that have a theme that the GoG building (at least its shape) that share a theme of geometric solids: Spaceship Earth is sphere, Imagination (building and sculptures) is pyramids, Test Track is cylinder, Wonders of Life is part of a sphere. So, to me at least, the shape of GoG (cube or rectangular prism) fits quite well as far as shape.

This is a good point. And also one that goes well with my Grandtinker's play toys that we played with all weekend long. Over time, it is still a proven fact that you can't fit a square peg into a round hole. She tried. About 100 times. She doesn't quit easily.

The ride structure is also behind a tree line, so from within Future World it's kind of "out of bounds." It's a huge structure, and one that gets your attention from the parking lot, but not so much as once you're wandering around. SSE is still king. Once you're in World showcase, the GoG structure is behind lots of tree lines.

It looks like so much is done and so much is left to be done. It's going to be amazing!

I can't imagine how much concrete is going into SW:GE. These pictures are just massive buildings. The concept work shows tons of "rock work" or rock like buildings. It's just going to be massive. Very cool pictures.

It looks huge in pictures. It's even more impressive in person.

This really did show the massive scale of some of these buildings. I have to wonder if some of them are 'extended queue' buildings. Like, 4 floors of queue that entertains and maybe has sustenance for your journey.

I originally assumed that you'd be able to walk all the way around the "mitten" building (I think that's the quick serve building?). But looks like the area between the two show buildings will be an access point to the restaurant. This makes sense. Make me wonder if this will also be the guest entrance for the hotel.

On the first guardians photo, what is the bottom arrow pointing at? Looks like some sort of backstage building project

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts