Status
Not open for further replies.

So what is going on with the construction on the other side of the highway from Hollywood Studios?
(The upper right hand corner of the picture.)
C1893C09-10C8-4A49-AB34-533D84DDF8B8.jpeg

Seeing the progress is so exciting! I'm going for Spring Break this year and will get to see Pandora for the first time, and now my next trip after that will have Toy Story Land to look forward to!

I'm not an expert in sight lines, but I don't see how you aren't going to see that huge green building from SDD. Those trees just don't look tall enough. I trust the giant backyard fence will block the parking garage, but it still messes with my mind looking at it.

I'm not an expert in sight lines, but I don't see how you aren't going to see that huge green building from SDD. Those trees just don't look tall enough. I trust the giant backyard fence will block the parking garage, but it still messes with my mind looking at it.
It’s hard to block everything from an outdoor coaster. I’m sure the trees will grow and fill in a bit. You can see other parts of the park from Everest and stuff like that.

It’s hard to block everything from an outdoor coaster. I’m sure the trees will grow and fill in a bit. You can see other parts of the park from Everest and stuff like that.

not to mention being able to see other parks from Everest (including the DHS fireworks if you time it right)

Maybe some more themeing will make it look like the neighbors house or something - probably doesn't need to be super convincing if you can only see it while actually riding the coaster (and thus moving by it pretty quick)

I have to admit, when riding any coaster at Disney or anywhere else, I'm rarely looking around much past the theme of the ride (if there is any) or just the cart/track ahead. I don't really find it a big deal. A bigger deal in terms of Disney is seeing the track/coaster while strolling through a different area of the park. But since you can see Space Mountain from more than a few areas of MK, it's not that big a deal if you can see some track by looking up and out from Echo Lake.

One thing that will help is that the track tilts away from the builds in that area.

Toy Story Land is coming along great, also Star Wars is showing a lot of progress! Really excited to see what all of this looks like when it's completed. I always loved Hollywood Studios/MGM, but it's just not the same right now.

View attachment 302074

I wonder if the blue box with the black circle at the bottom of the photo is the on ride camera?
No doubt has some imaging in it...whether it's for ride operators or for guest benefit(or both), who knows?
I'm guessing like 7dmt, there is probably multiple spots, that one doesn't strike as the spot where you'll make the craziest face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!