Status
Not open for further replies.
So, most of the buildings will be occupied. There's two restaurants and several merchandise locations, but i think the bridge you are talking about is just for visual. How many elevated walkways exist at WDW? Very few, and none outdoors.
Those “bridges” are supposed to be for the streetmosphere aspect.

The thing that gets me about Galaxy's Edge is the SCALE of the place. Just look at this photo and focus on the red square a bit above the center of the photo:
https://www.disboards.com/attachments/98e6f174-e180-40b0-a5c9-9ca070917d17-jpeg.382663/
Now look at this photo and think compare that red building to the size of the cranes:
https://www.disboards.com/attachments/fea9562d-d325-444b-9076-a19d24e0ee1a-jpeg.382641/
Mind-boggling.

Yea crazy, and I would have been happy hearing they were making a M Falcon to look at, much less the other 99% of what's happening at SWGE.

I agree - but I also keep looking at the amount of walkway space - which seems very small compared to the size of the land. I just can't wrap it around my head how they are going to handle the crowds for the first 6 months - 1 year. I keep thinking the only way is to hold people outside of the area.
This is exactly what I keep thinking as well...

Where is the second entrance going to be located for SWGE? Obviously the first one will be by Toy Story Land, but is the second one really going to be what looks like it could be a tunnel where there's the big wall right now by muppets?

Where is the second entrance going to be located for SWGE? Obviously the first one will be by Toy Story Land, but is the second one really going to be what looks like it could be a tunnel where there's the big wall right now by muppets?
Yes

Yes

So is anything going to go along that road then that is there right now? Or will that just be a "backstage" access way for CM stuff?

I think it is perhaps better to refer to the tunnel between Grand Ave and SWGE as the "entrance" and the path between SWGE and Toy Story Land as the "exit" at this point. Besides the rumors I've read that they will indeed be one-way paths when the land opens, I bet that the backstory of Batuu unfolds better if you go in that direction.

I think it is perhaps better to refer to the tunnel between Grand Ave and SWGE as the "entrance" and the path between SWGE and Toy Story Land as the "exit" at this point. Besides the rumors I've read that they will indeed be one-way paths when the land opens, I bet that the backstory of Batuu unfolds better if you go in that direction.

That is just rumor, but I could very well picture that this is how it will work initially. As I posted earlier, I suspect they will allow limited entry into the land - likely letting people queue up in the area by the muppets. I expect a big mess for a while. eventually - both will be used as entrances.

I've said it a few times before, but every set of photos seems to really show significant progress. I don't really remember it feeling similar for Pandora or 7 dwarves. I'm really amazed.
Also noticed more Gondola cabins at the Trinidad station. Looks like they are pouring concrete on the opposite side of the station for the other cabin parking.
Leaving in 10 days, can't wait to see what I can see in person(besides construction walls).

Well you have 3 lines all converging on a one station so there is obviously a lot of space dedicated to that. This is also home to the maintenance facilities.
I'm wondering how one will get from Trinidad to the gondola station. Obviously walking....but you will have to cross that street (which tends to be busy if I'm not mistaken) over to where the station will be. Our december trip has us staying 4 nights in a Pirate room and I'm fully expecting this station to provide convenient access to both Epcot and DHS.

I'm wondering how one will get from Trinidad to the gondola station. Obviously walking....but you will have to cross that street (which tends to be busy if I'm not mistaken) over to where the station will be. Our december trip has us staying 4 nights in a Pirate room and I'm fully expecting this station to provide convenient access to both Epcot and DHS.
There is supposed to be an internal bus stop at the station as well.

In this thread, star wars galaxy edge thread and the official Star Wars Galaxy Edge Information thread there is a recent aerial video showing the progress on Disneyland's Galaxy Edge.

Sweet! Didn't know that video was for Disneyland since I can't get to youtube at work and the title didn't specify it was Disneyland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter