Status
Not open for further replies.

It does seem like a good number of slides. One thing that would really turn me on to it being "different" would be if instead of having a typically lazy river, they had a "fast river" - I've seen it at a few places with small sections where they have enough jets to really move you through at a good clip. I get bored really fast in the typical lazy river, but if they had stretches of Lazy river that were faster moving I would definitely want to give that a try. Otherwise it doesn't look like something worth going out of my way for.

It does seem like a good number of slides. One thing that would really turn me on to it being "different" would be if instead of having a typically lazy river, they had a "fast river" - I've seen it at a few places with small sections where they have enough jets to really move you through at a good clip. I get bored really fast in the typical lazy river, but if they had stretches of Lazy river that were faster moving I would definitely want to give that a try. Otherwise it doesn't look like something worth going out of my way for.

Well, the lazy river is supposed to go through a cave that has stars and maybe illuminated images inside. You can kind of see where it goes into the cave near the base of the volcano. I think it technically goes under part of the volcano. Hopefully, they will let you have drinks on the lazy river. That always makes the trip more fun:) Plus, they are focusing a lot on night time at this water park, which could be really cool from a weather and image perspective.

Well, the lazy river is supposed to go through a cave that has stars and maybe illuminated images inside. You can kind of see where it goes into the cave near the base of the volcano. I think it technically goes under part of the volcano. Hopefully, they will let you have drinks on the lazy river. That always makes the trip more fun:) Plus, they are focusing a lot on night time at this water park, which could be really cool from a weather and image perspective.

A night time waterpark? I can't wrap my head around that one.... drinking and wet surfces and swimming don't seem to be a good combination...better triple the life guard count...

Agree with the hazy river though... and I guess day drinking could be as risky as night--- just seems the limits are usually lower in the day.

A night time waterpark? I can't wrap my head around that one.... drinking and wet surfces and swimming don't seem to be a good combination...better triple the life guard count...

Agree with the hazy river though... and I guess day drinking could be as risky as night--- just seems the limits are usually lower in the day.

I don't know how much alcohol they will allow, day or night, but they definitely are touting the night time experience. It will close usually closer to 10 or 11pm and will have much more light than a typical water park. I think it's going to be really neat.

Which ones are you talking about the link or the video? I don't have the Facebook video on here but I have the link here.
It is a video that was posted on wdwmagic. It shows, in closeup the final touches in Pandora. about five min. long.

Ok, here's a query for those much more experienced with such things. I'm going in late September. Right now the schedule has AK closing at 7. Sun doesn't set until 7:30 or something in September I think. ROL is a night show. It's assumed Avatar is going to be way cool at night. They have to extend the hours. Any thoughts on how much they'll extend them?

Ok, here's a query for those much more experienced with such things. I'm going in late September. Right now the schedule has AK closing at 7. Sun doesn't set until 7:30 or something in September I think. ROL is a night show. It's assumed Avatar is going to be way cool at night. They have to extend the hours. Any thoughts on how much they'll extend them?
Disney hasn't changed hours yet much past June. Expect 10PM closings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!