Status
Not open for further replies.

It's interesting that the paths seem mostly cut already, I wonder if that means we will start seeing towers going in soon. (I am still assuming that the gondola system will be functional by the time SW:GE is open.

It's interesting that the paths seem mostly cut already, I wonder if that means we will start seeing towers going in soon. (I am still assuming that the gondola system will be functional by the time SW:GE is open.
Yep, gondolas should be operational by the time SWGE opens.

Yep, gondolas should be operational by the time SWGE opens.

If memory serves, Skyliner should be functional about the same time as Riviera opens, Spring '19, well ahead of SW:GE in fall '19.

If memory serves, Skyliner should be functional about the same time as Riviera opens, Spring '19, well ahead of SW:GE in fall '19.
Yeah they can’t really install anything until riviera goes up. Otherwise they’d only be able to run the loop

The station will be somewhat separated from the resort so neither should depend on progress of the other.
I had assumed the station would be in the resort construction site and wouldn’t be able to run while work was being done. Would be cool if it was up and running earlier than the resort opening

So in the first photo of star wars land, there appears to be a sub level for whatever is going to be built immediately on the right as one would enter from TS land--- ? Lower level access for the gift shop?

The more photos I see of Slinky Dog the more I like it. Don't get me wrong, my expectations are completely for a kiddie coaster, so "I like it" definitely exists within that framework. But it looks really cute and fun with good theme decorations. It's the kind of thing I expect Disney to do, with the added bonus that it will be unlike anything else in WDW.

So in the first photo of star wars land, there appears to be a sub level for whatever is going to be built immediately on the right as one would enter from TS land--- ? Lower level access for the gift shop?
Are you talking about the framing in the ground? That’s for the foundation of another wall.

Are you talking about the framing in the ground? That’s for the foundation of another wall.
That makes sense since there is one on the other side-- and it would seem to continue into the one further down the photo. That's one big A footing. looks to be at least 12 feet wide and 6 feet deep......

The more photos I see of Slinky Dog the more I like it. Don't get me wrong, my expectations are completely for a kiddie coaster, so "I like it" definitely exists within that framework. But it looks really cute and fun with good theme decorations. It's the kind of thing I expect Disney to do, with the added bonus that it will be unlike anything else in WDW.

This is my thought too, a little more than a kiddie coaster like goofy's, but not exactly thrill ride, but I think the two induction launches and the track pattern could make it along the lines of 7DMT which I really think is a fun little ride. The problem is similar to that it will probably have 2 hour waits for the first year, at least until star wars opens.

This is my thought too, a little more than a kiddie coaster like goofy's, but not exactly thrill ride, but I think the two induction launches and the track pattern could make it along the lines of 7DMT which I really think is a fun little ride. The problem is similar to that it will probably have 2 hour waits for the first year, at least until star wars opens.

I too am excited for it - should be fund and unique and the two launches is pretty cool

I think it is all about expectations (which were out of wack a bit for some people for 7DMT) - I think we have to consider both to be "Family coasters FOR Disney" - compared to most Coaster parks everything at Disney is a family coaster, but we have to consider this sort of graded on a curve and it won't be Big Thunder thrill levels or anything. But should be a fun coaster almost everyone in the family can ride

I too am excited for it - should be fund and unique and the two launches is pretty cool

I think it is all about expectations (which were out of wack a bit for some people for 7DMT) - I think we have to consider both to be "Family coasters FOR Disney" - compared to most Coaster parks everything at Disney is a family coaster, but we have to consider this sort of graded on a curve and it won't be Big Thunder thrill levels or anything. But should be a fun coaster almost everyone in the family can ride
I also am excited about its opening. 7DMT basically got panned before I was able to ride. I went in with limited expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

I actually think this is going to be MUCH better than 7DMT There is a lot more "ride" to this ride, or at least that's they way it looks.

On 7DMT from start to first "dark scene" (aka, not a ride in the sense I like them" is only 45 seconds, from the top of the first "pull" (ie after the ride catches the chain up to the top of the first hill), its only 14 seconds .... I can't stress that enough, its 14 seconds from the first pull hill to where the ride slows down to almost nothing so you can go through the cave. After leaving the cave you then spend a whopping 22 more seconds moving on the track before, again, you come to an almost stop so you can view the house with Snow White and the dwarfs.

Depending how you count that, its either 67 seconds of actual roller coaster, and roughly 2 minutes of "dark ride" attraction, where you are technically still in the coaster, but ... that's not a coaster ride. Or its as little as 36 seconds, of roller coaster.

Compare that to Slinky dog (From the simulation posted to Youtube) which is either 110 seconds of coaster, or 80 seconds of coaster (if you count from after the first pull).

Now, if you really enjoy the dark scenes of the 7dmt, I can see how it appeals to you. But to me, they don't really do anything other than eat up time, especially after the first dozen rides on it.

Slinky dog on the other hand is looking like much more of a RIDE than 7dmt, MUCH more if you only count the "active" portions of the coaster track.

So I actually think this is going to be a LOT more FUN than 7DMT.

Hope those stats are interesting to some people and I am not the only one this disney crazy :P

Looking at this again, I'm realizing there is a TON of work left to open TSL in 4.5 months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!