Aerial Images of Disney theme parks NEW AERIALS 7/16

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by rteetz, Jan 21, 2017.

1. SouthFayetteFan

SouthFayetteFan Saving Money on Disney Vacations since 2006

Eh...they just need to finish the rides, test the rides, finish the other buildings, complete the eating establishments, clear out all the debris, finish the paths, put in plants...ooooh yea I see what you mean ;)

Disney is awesome at finishing things quick though, right?? just look at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train construction...3 of the best years of my life...

rteetz likes this.
  2. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Ride systems are finished. Finishing the buildings and paths will be the biggest part.

marcyleecorgan likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Tigger's ally

Tigger's ally Segway test dummy

7DMT was a tad bit different though, not having the footprint that enabled them to work 24/7.

5. SouthFayetteFan

SouthFayetteFan Saving Money on Disney Vacations since 2006

It was just a joke about the pace Disney moves at lol

6. DBDiz

DBDiz Mouseketeer

Now take this with a grain of salt, but they razed to bare earth and rebuilt a Burger King location in my neighborhood in four months. They closed for business in Sept. when my daughter went back to school, and reopened for business New Year's Day.

The rides are pretty much done, as are the structural parts of all the new buildings. Interior and exterior build out shouldn't take more than three months on the restaurant, the TSMM queue entrance, and the gift shop(s). That leaves landscaping... Disney could surface, sod, and garden the entire land in a week's time.

Is it tight? Certainly. But still very much doable. Worst case, they open in time for July 4. But I sincerely doubt they have to move off the Memorial Day target.

galaxygirl76 and rteetz like this.
  7. Aron1012

Aron1012 Mouseketeer

I hope not we are going mid-Jun and thought a few months ago we were plenty safe. But now I am starting to wonder about that.

Also I hadn't noticed before the track goes under the walkway bridge to the ride. That will be a cool viewing spot........about halfway through the 2 hr waits when it first opens :teeth:.

umichigan10 likes this.
  8. jknezek

jknezek DIS Veteran

If it peaks at only a 2 hour wait when it first opens I'll be shocked. People can afford to wait in line all day at Slinky Dog... there is almost nothing else to do in that park. If you get FPs for some combination of TSMM, ToT, RnRC, or Star Wars (yes I think the only Tier 1 rides will be Slinky Dog and maybe TSMM after TSL opens), you can probably cover the remaining ride before lunch. Then if you don't have a park hopper, you can stand all afternoon and into the evening waiting on Slinky Dog because... well, there is nothing else in DHS and you have to do something before the night time projections!

9. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

Reported today they are starting to do closures on TSMM to do interior prep work to get ready for final closure to open new entrance in TSL. I doubt there will be any issues with getting this land opened by Memorial Day since what's left is pretty straight forward.

marcyleecorgan and TheMaxRebo like this.
  10. Aron1012

Aron1012 Mouseketeer

Yeah I was thinking more after the first few weeks. My guess is 4-5 hr wait times are gone within the first month. Unlike FoP, where people are still willing to wait 4-5 hrs even after riding it several times, I don't see SDD being the quality of ride to convince repeat riders to wait 2+hrs. I may look like a fool with that prediction by August.

Also I like your thought of the rearranging of Tiers, but I'm not nearly that optimistic. If they are putting both new rides in Tier 1 they should move RnR or TSMM down to tier 2. However, I could also see them just adding those two as Tier 1 and calling it good. Whatever they do will have to be completely revisited in 2019 anyways. Will be interesting to watch this for sure.

11. Princess_Lisa

Princess_Lisa DIS Veteran

I would love to see TSMM dropped to Tier 2 when TSL opens. Then you can FP+ TSMM, SDD, and a current Tier 2 such as one of the shows.

12. Tigger's ally

Tigger's ally Segway test dummy

TSMM seems logical to move down after they added the third track. Both it and Soarin's wait times changed dramatically when they did that.

13. umichigan10

umichigan10 DIS Veteran

In fairness (though I know you’re being very tongue in cheek) I don’t think there’s a ton of plants and foliage that need to be put in from the concept artwork. So there’s that.

Or maybe for an up charge of $100 a person and a complementary hard hat/vest combo, you can be the one to pour the concrete!!!

WDWFan0813 and SouthFayetteFan like this.
  14. WDW_Ding

WDW_Ding Ohana means family.

Are there any other rides on the Orlando area that have 2 launches?

I thin you've got the right idea. 7D isn't enough of a coaster to be, well, a coaster and not enough of a dark ride to be a, well...dark ride. IMHO, what 7D needs is another dark ride scene to pad out the length and no frame the experience as more of a dark ride with coaster theming.

umichigan10 likes this.
  15. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

16. DBDiz

DBDiz Mouseketeer

Curious as to whether or not they've included a M&G location somewhere in TSL. Any word, @rteetz ?

17. kellyarms20

kellyarms20 Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh. That Slinky Dog coaster is huge!

galaxygirl76 and marcyleecorgan like this.
  18. Lee Matthews

Lee Matthews DIS Veteran

Looks like trees and landscaping is happening in TSL

DBDiz likes this.
  19. MommaBerd

MommaBerd DIS Veteran

I see 7DMT as being in the same vein as Splash - of course Splash is far superior- but some dark ride combined with some thrill elements. I think it’s a great “gateway” coaster for kids who may think Space or BTMRR are too scary.

One thing I wish I could get a better grasp on is the height of the tallest hill. It’s tough for me to tell if it’s 100 feet in the air or 20 feet.

Looking at the aerials, there is also a good bit of fencing/barriers which needs to be put in place, especially toward the back of the land.

20. WDW_Ding

WDW_Ding Ohana means family.

The comparison to Splash are good...but, as you say, Splash is much better (much longer, more detail, more to look at, more story, etc.). 7D seems like a tentative project to me...like they weren't confident about it for some reason, and decided to minimize their risk by making it shorter and thus less expensive. Of course, they only have so much space to work with, but if they needed for space they could have found it.

21. MommaBerd

MommaBerd DIS Veteran

Or more likely, significant budget impacts.

WDW_Ding and umichigan10 like this.