Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or is the new Hollywood Studios bus loop quite a ways out from the Hollywood Studios entrance?
Not any further than the Epcot loop is. The entrance area will see some more changes as well with the tram drop off and parking changing a bit.

Is it just me or is the new Hollywood Studios bus loop quite a ways out from the Hollywood Studios entrance?
I don’t think it’s much further away than the current loop is, but I think the location makes it seem further. I could be wrong though

Not any further than the Epcot loop is. The entrance area will see some more changes as well with the tram drop off and parking changing a bit.

I don’t think it’s much further away than the current loop is, but I think the location makes it seem further. I could be wrong though

Ya now that I look at it I just think the photo makes it seem further away than it really is.

So the Riviera set-up is getting clearer. It is interesting that West branch of the resort is at a different angle from the center and East branch, but when you look at it relative to Epcot, it's pretty clear that the two sides of that wing are angled to get a view of the Epcot fireworks show. (I marked this is crimson below.) If you look at the point of the angle it aims directly at the center of the lake. This is certainly not a coincidence to give all balconies on this branch a view of Illuminations. It also shows that only the furthest wing may also have a view of DHS fireworks, so they are unlikely to be using that as a selling point for these rooms. This is about 2/5ths of the resort (40%) but seeing as only the upper floors are likely to give decent enough views to sell the rooms as "theme park" view - we are likely looking at about 15-20% of the resort as "theme park" view - which is pretty typical for Disney to do with their DVC resorts (BLT is 20% theme park, Boardwalk is around 15% "Boardwalk" view, Poly is like 17% "Lake view". It also uses that "V" to block the view of the rest of the resort from Epcot. so it won't be quite so intrusive.

Agree, its one of the few pics that have shown the EPCOT lagoon relative to Riviera-unless I missed it.

Would still like to see one of Riviera straight on to the lagoon-but it does appear the balconies/rooms can look left and see fireworks.

Never thought of "minimizing" the size from inside EPCOT so it doesn't look so wide-good summary. :thumbsup2

One thing that bugs me is no-one seems to be taking pictures of Riviera from inside Epcot. We get GotG and Ratatouille and the gondolas, but never the new resort.

Rest assured I will have pictures of this come August.

One thing that bugs me is no-one seems to be taking pictures of Riviera from inside Epcot. We get GotG and Ratatouille and the gondolas, but never the new resort.

They probably stop at Lacava and forget about taking any pictures at all till they sober up about France...take some of Ratatouille....then find the Grey Goose slushy kiosk....and forget about taking pictures again until it is too late. pirate: Not that I have any experience with that at all nor do I ever admit to not knowing China actually had a land in WS.......

They probably stop at Lacava and forget about taking any pictures at all till they sober up about France...take some of Ratatouille....then find the Grey Goose slushy kiosk....and forget about taking pictures again until it is too late. pirate: Not that I have any experience with that at all nor do I ever admit to not knowing China actually had a land in WS.......

Well, I admit I forgot to take one in February - but this was the view of the construction last November...I probably already posted this on the thread earlier. The building wasn't tall enough yet to be seen in the park, though.

One thing that bugs me is no-one seems to be taking pictures of Riviera from inside Epcot.

Yea curious as well.

Would think that panicky "ugly sightline" update site would have it by now.

I've seen them zoom in between trees to simply show a few feet of a metal beam off in the distance. Riviera has to be pretty visible.

Yea curious as well.

I've seen them zoom in between trees to simply show a few feet of a metal beam off in the distance. Riviera has to be pretty visible.

Interesting you say this, because I wanted to check it out when we were there a few weeks ago and forgot. If it is going to be an "ugly sightline" then I'm apparently not very observant. We walked all the way around the WS and nobody even mentioned it. By contrast Guardians was impossible to miss from several vantage points in and out of the park.

Interesting you say this, because I wanted to check it out when we were there a few weeks ago and forgot. If it is going to be an "ugly sightline" then I'm apparently not very observant. We walked all the way around the WS and nobody even mentioned it. By contrast Guardians was impossible to miss from several vantage points in and out of the park.

Hmm, well maybe it's (Riviera) not as intrusive as it would seem.

Some have even captured just a tiny glimpse of the skyliner and it makes the news, so it must not be even visible.

Yea curious as well.

It's visible over Germany. I'm just hoping they theme whatever peaks over similar enough to that pavilion to where it'll blend, much like Tower of Terror with Morrocco.

Last edited:
Well, I admit I forgot to take one in February - but this was the view of the construction last November...I probably already posted this on the thread earlier. The building wasn't tall enough yet to be seen in the park, though.

How many floors were up at that time?

Hmm, well maybe it's (Riviera) not as intrusive as it would seem.

Some have even captured just a tiny glimpse of the skyliner and it makes the news, so it must not be even visible.

i don't see how at least 2-3 stories will be peeping over the trees. Hard to believe that they will be only able to see the fireworks that go in the air from ROE. We are 39 days away and I will be sure to get pictures - especially knowing the angle that we "should" be seeing the resort. (Behind Germany roughly.)

How many floors were up at that time?

I went back and looked through the thread to November - looks like only the base and maybe a second floor elevation was in place at the time I took that picture in November.

There is a recent picture in this post from the Epcot monorail. It's just visible for the monorail, so is probably not that visible form he ground...

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disney-riviera-resort-announced.929272/page-28#post-8293184

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!