Disney's Hollywood Studios

DJPojirW4AEJryA.jpg

SWGE Entrance and Grand Avenue

DJPrPiaXoAEUGhE.jpg

SWGE Entrance

DJPrQebXkAAUFCB.jpg

Toy Story Land fence

DJPTIokW4AAyCDc.jpg

It is almost like watching a whole new park being built. How does the number of attractions being built compare to the number of attractions that were opened on opening day for Animal Kingdom Park?

It is almost like watching a whole new park being built. How does the number of attractions being built compare to the number of attractions that were opened on opening day for Animal Kingdom Park?
On opening day, the attractions at Animal Kingdom were Kilimanjaro Safaris, Tree of Life (It's tough to be a bug), Countdown to Extinction (Dinosaur), Tarzan stage show (now Finding Nemo), Festival of the Lion King, Flights of Wonder, Conservation Station (now Rafiki's Planet Watch), Gorilla Fall Exploration Trails (now Pangani Forest). There was also a train ride to Conservation Station. I think that's it.

On opening day, the attractions at Animal Kingdom were Kilimanjaro Safaris, Tree of Life (It's tough to be a bug), Countdown to Extinction (Dinosaur), Tarzan stage show (now Finding Nemo), Festival of the Lion King, Flights of Wonder, Conservation Station (now Rafiki's Planet Watch), Gorilla Fall Exploration Trails (now Pangani Forest). There was also a train ride to Conservation Station. I think that's it.

Tha Tarzan show was such a great show. Much better than finding nemo show in my opinion.

I keep saying basically the same thing - but I keep thinking it: The Slinky Dog coaster looks like a fun yet slight little coaster. Seems a lot on par with 7DMT. I think a lot of people will be complaining how short it is.

This is the part of the construction that's fun to watch, when it all starts to really take shape.

The other comment is the gondola station by CBR is really quite large - it clearly has to be the maintenance shed for storage of gondolas when taken off the track. (During events like Irma.)

I find the whole design of this fascinating. I keep picturing there has to be two loops with a change presumably in this building.
Option 1:
Loop 1 is POP/AOA <-> CBR and Loop 2 is DHS - CBR - Riviera - Epcot
OR
Option 2:
Loop 1 is POP/AOA - CBR - DHS and Loop 2 is CBR - Riviera - Epcot

Either way there's a change at CBR, and that would be another reason the station is so big. Much like the TTC you'll have to have two separate queues.

I keep saying basically the same thing - but I keep thinking it: The Slinky Dog coaster looks like a fun yet slight little coaster. Seems a lot on par with 7DMT. I think a lot of people will be complaining how short it is.

well, like for 7DMT it will depend on expectations. If you are thinking of it as a "kids coaster" and comparing it to the Barnstormer, then I think people will find it plenty long. But if you are comparing it to BTMRR or something, then yeah, probably find it kinda short. I do think with the two launches that will make it seem longer - like two rides put together a bit (or at least I find coaster with multiple launches feel longer to me)

Hollywood Studios parking expansion
Backside of France Pavilion

View attachment 268114

Cool Picture. Our son has always been interested in geography. Even when he was quite young on our first trip to WDW, he was fascinated by World Showcase. He had seen pictures of the Eiffel Tower in Paris and was excited when he saw the copy in EPCOT towering over the France Pavilion. But as we walked away from France Pavilion he got more and more agitated. Finally he broke down and lost it. When we asked him what was wrong, we found the he more than anything wanted to see the Eiffel Tower, which he could always see off in the distance, but no matter which nook or cranny of the pavilion we went down, he could never get to it. In this picture you can see that of course the reason is that they have placed it on the roof and used forced perspective to make it look bigger than it is. So we went back to get as close to the tower as we could. Eventually we made it to the gift shop in the back of the Pavilion and explained our dilemma to Cast Member. She was so nice and took us out the back door where we could see the tower on the roof right above us. Of course from this angle, the forced perspective illusion was lost and it looked very unimpressive, but our son was thrilled to finally have gotten to see it up close nevertheless. I know CM's are not supposed to let the public backstage as it destroys the magic, but kudos to this CM who realized that bringing us backstage gave us one of our MOST magical experiences.

Cool Picture. Our son has always been interested in geography. Even when he was quite young on our first trip to WDW, he was fascinated by World Showcase. He had seen pictures of the Eiffel Tower in Paris and was excited when he saw the copy in EPCOT towering over the France Pavilion. But as we walked away from France Pavilion he got more and more agitated. Finally he broke down and lost it. When we asked him what was wrong, we found the he more than anything wanted to see the Eiffel Tower, which he could always see off in the distance, but no matter which nook or cranny of the pavilion we went down, he could never get to it. In this picture you can see that of course the reason is that they have placed it on the roof and used forced perspective to make it look bigger than it is. So we went back to get as close to the tower as we could. Eventually we made it to the gift shop in the back of the Pavilion and explained our dilemma to Cast Member. She was so nice and took us out the back door where we could see the tower on the roof right above us. Of course from this angle, the forced perspective illusion was lost and it looked very unimpressive, but our son was thrilled to finally have gotten to see it up close nevertheless. I know CM's are not supposed to let the public backstage as it destroys the magic, but kudos to this CM who realized that bringing us backstage gave us one of our MOST magical experiences.
Great story. For some people, seeing back stage can be just as magical as the "real" magic is supposed to be.

very nice story and glad it worked out. I definitely have spent some time using google earth to look at the parks and see how the show building fit, etc. - remember that was when I first realize the tunnel the train goes through in Adventureland in MK is to block the view of the Pirates show building. Definitely fun to check it all out and see how they make the magic work!

SW:GE question-
So, it seems we're assuming that the circular structure on the battle attraction is the load/unload area.

For the Falcon attraction, there appear to be 4 circular foundations. I'm going off memory, but I feel like there were only 2 foundations in Disneyland. I believe the reporting is that these foundations are a continuous loading simulator/projection show of some sort?
So does this mean that HS is getting twice the capacity as Disneyland? Or am I forgetting/reading too much into what foundation is what?

So, it seems we're assuming that the circular structure on the battle attraction is the load/unload area.

For the Falcon attraction, there appear to be 4 circular foundations. I'm going off memory, but I feel like there were only 2 foundations in Disneyland. I believe the reporting is that these foundations are a continuous loading simulator/projection show of some sort?
So does this mean that HS is getting twice the capacity as Disneyland? Or am I forgetting/reading too much into what foundation is what?
Not assuming actually. That's part of the queue.

There are also four in Disneyland. It is a continuously loading simulator.

Not assuming actually. That's part of the queue.

There are also four in Disneyland. It is a continuously loading simulator.

Thanks,
Been a while since the Disneyland foundations weren't covered up. I was going on memory.

depending on the timing of when you saw the DLR pictures or just the angles, 2 of theirs may have been covered/not in view ... but as Rteetz said, they are the same on both coasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!