After hours - $149 for EMH?

Not surprised honestly. I have been hearing of this for a little bit now. EMH has been rumored to go away for a long time.

I think this is WAY over priced and wouldn't be shelling out $$ for it but would be ok if they didn't close the park early to accommodate

However for this price I can't see it being done like EMH 11-1 or 10-12. See this as being earlier which would stink

So the Halloween party prices are what, about $80 and that gets you in after 4pm and you get the special parade and entertainment. Similar deal for Christmas.

For this at $149 you get only 3 hours and only "select attractions" are open.

That doesn't sound like a great deal really.

As I said in the news thread, some more official announcement is probably coming, but this blog post is in no way an announcement by Disney. An announcement involves...well, Disney announcing something.

This could very well be the death of extra magic hours which, believe it or not, doesn't really upset me. We always avoid emh parks. I'll never pay $150 for it though.

This could very well be the death of extra magic hours which, believe it or not, doesn't really upset me. We always avoid emh parks. I'll never pay $150 for it though.

I avoid morning EMH parks, but I find evening EMH always has a guest falloff that make them worthwhile.
I would hate to see this be the end of EMH.

The price is ridiculous. Of course people will pay it, and then the party prices will skyrocket.

If only we could find a way to say no...

Many years ago, WDW offered e-ride nights where there were limited attractions open at the Magic Kingdom for resort guests. The number of tickets sold were limited also but the price was around $10 to $15 a person.

They were our best experiences ever at WDW.

This sounds extremely similar..at 10x the price though. :scared1:

For our family, who never used it, EveMH changing from free to paid isn't as large of an issue for us. The problem I have is the likely hood of a 7pm closing to make way for it. I don't want my tickets to be devalued in not only perks but standard operating hours. I don't think I would be able to handle that.

I will not sacrifice the Magic Hours. We've made too many compromises already, too many retreats. They increase the price, and we fall back. They reduce the park hours, and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done!

We canceled our 2016 trip, and are already talking about doing the same for 2017. Mark my words, if they do this, I have a feeling this will be the end of Magic Hours. That rumor has already been going around for a few years that they would end.

This is the first step to ending them, if people pay the money, they'll end magic hours and onsite guest will have to pay it as well if they want access to the parks for the 3 additional hours.

This will be the end for my family. We'll go back for a once in a lifetime trip after star wars opens, but the yearly trips will be done.

I'll take my money elsewhere.

We canceled our 2016 trip, and are already talking about doing the same for 2017. Mark my words, if they do this, I have a feeling this will be the end of Magic Hours. That rumor has already been going around for a few years that they would end.

This is the first step to ending them, if people pay the money, they'll end magic hours and onsite guest will have to pay it as well if they want access to the parks for the 3 additional hours.

This will be the end for my family. We'll go back for a once in a lifetime trip after star wars opens, but the yearly trips will be done.

I'll take my money elsewhere.
I don't disagree but EMH wasn't always offered. I don't think EMH ending would prevent me from coming back. It's a nice perk but my last two trips I didn't use them at all.

I will not sacrifice the Magic Hours. We've made too many compromises already, too many retreats. They increase the price, and we fall back. They reduce the park hours, and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done!

The only way to do that is for DISers in large groups (not just a few) stop going to Disney for a few years and to recommend family and friends also not go. Also maybe some kind of Facebook or twitter Protest/Boycott that can trend. If it can make the news it helps. We are starting ourselves by not renewing our APs and cutting our number of trips. If more and more keeps coming out of Disney like this we too will be on a Disney Boycott until they get their prices back to a reasonable level and stop the money grabbing.

We have fast passes on one of the nights in April. The park is supposed to close at 11 pm that night and our last fast pass is at 8:25 pm til 9:25 pm. I wonder if they will change the hours or will this event begin at 11 pm until 2 a.m. If they kick us out early I will not be happy. For that amount.....we will just go to Universal Studios. I regret buying the AP Pass if they are going to start this kind of event

We are also DVC Members......last month, they had a special DVC 25th party. I wonder if that was the dress rehearsal?

I understand they're a business and need to do whatever works for them financially. However, after shelling out thousands to stay at a deluxe resort so that I'm right next to parks and can take full advantage of EMH (among other reasons), I will be highly disappointed if EMH are discontinued and I'm not required to pay an additional $300 (hubs and me) per night for that extra time I'd already been counting on. I am really holding out hope that perhaps this is just for non-resort guests to stay for EMH (even then I'm not a huge fan).

Ppl the park hours and extra magic hours are already set going into the summer(I know they could change) these are I'm sure days where extra evening hours are not offer check the dates "Tickets go on sale April 6th for select dates in April and May only. Dates of the events are April 14th, 21st, 28th, and May 5th, 8th, 12th, & 19th" these are Thursday evenings and one Sunday evening not every night. Plus if anyone is a big enough fool to pay these prices go a head, I won't be put I'll still enjoy the parks.... If no one purchases these tickets then I'm sure it'll go away because sales are not what Disney had hoped for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter