After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

My understanding is no you can’t. I’ve looked everywhere and asked multiple places and that’s the short answer.

I had thought that you could do this, but I am going to MK AH tonight and apparently you cannot. It says that I don't have a park pass reservation, though I shouldn't need one. My dated tickets start tomorrow, so that may be why. I had read that you could, but that may have been only for Halloween/Christmas parties. I'm not sure. Oh well.

Alos, some plans fell through, so I'm hiotting MK AH solo tonight if anyone wants to hang out. I still plan to try and hit TRON later in the event. I hear it's not too bad to get on standby.

I had thought that you could do this, but I am going to MK AH tonight and apparently you cannot. It says that I don't have a park pass reservation, though I shouldn't need one. My dated tickets start tomorrow, so that may be why. I had read that you could, but that may have been only for Halloween/Christmas parties. I'm not sure. Oh well.

Alos, some plans fell through, so I'm hiotting MK AH solo tonight if anyone wants to hang out. I still plan to try and hit TRON later in the event. I hear it's not too bad to get on standby.
This changed early this year. Guests must now have a valid park ticket for the day to purchase an ILL$ for Tron. Just having an AH ticket no longer qualifies.

This changed early this year. Guests must now have a valid park ticket for the day to purchase an ILL$ for Tron. Just having an AH ticket no longer qualifies.

I see. So it was possible before - at least I'm not crazy. It's not a huge deal, it was just something I was going to do if possible.

I see. So it was possible before - at least I'm not crazy. It's not a huge deal, it was just something I was going to do if possible.
Yes. We went in early September to the Halloween party, and I was able to stack LLs and buy Tron for my entire party - 2 APs with party tickets (we did not have park reservations that day) and 6 with only party tickets. About a week later, that loophole was closed.

Edited to add that we went to the first HS AH in Jan 2023 and our only ticket for that day was the AH ticket - again we’re AP but didn’t have a park reservation. We were able to stack and buy the Rise ILL$ with just the AH tickets, but they put the kibbosh on that soon after as well. I guess for those wanting to book LLs and ILL$, you should try to go to a party or AH before we go and ruin it all for you!

Last edited:

Yes. We went in early September to the Halloween party, and I was able to stack LLs and buy Tron for my entire party - 2 APs with party tickets (we did not have park reservations that day) and 6 with only party tickets. About a week later, that loophole was closed.

That's what I was hoping for - boooo to the closed loophole. Ah well, it'll save me 20 bucks!

Thanks for putting all this info in one place! Disney After Hours events sound like a blast, especially with the low crowds and extra time in the park. Can't wait to dive into the fun!

Well, just went a did a thing.

Purchased DAH for Epcot and DHS for our upcoming stay!

I was at the first one at Epcot ever and was really disappointed. However, we had a lot of rides down that night and I think it was still too early. I’ve read enough trip reports since then (and had friends do it with positive reviews) that we decided to repeat.

Honestly, I would’ve preferred just DHS. However, we have our 2yo with us, so hubby and I are splitting the DAH nights so that our older two can have some fun time without their little brother. Since hubby hasn’t even yet been to the Star Wars area, he wanted to prioritize that. I want to prioritize GoTG, so it works well!

Will report back after our trip with updates. So far we are 1/2 in terms of positive experiences with DAH. We had also done the early morning one (when they still had it) and loved that experience too.

Back from AH at MK. When I checked earlier today, there were still tickets available, so I don’t think it sold out. It was our only MK day. We had dinner at the Contempo Cafe and walked over about 6:45, there were maybe 20-25 people ahead of us in our line.

Once we got in we headed to Adventureland. Did Tiki room and Pirates with a 10 minute wait. We were trying not to backtrack too much but Jungle Cruise was posted 45 and looked it. BTMRR was posted 30 so we went there (it was about 30). Was off about 8:30, got ice water at Pecos Bills and went back to JC which was posted 25 but was a complete walk on. Fireworks were starting when we were off, so we headed toward Liberty Square to see them and then Haunted Mansion was a walk-on. Walked by Small World which had no line so we rode that.

Was 9:45 so we headed toward Tomorrowland. Rode Peoplemover, got snacks and drinks, rode Space Mtn with no line, TRON was posted 25 but was less. Got more ice cream and water, headed toward 7 Dwarfs as next fireworks were starting. Posted 25 but took maybe 15. Pooh was a walk on. When we got off Pooh the post -fireworks crowd must have descended on 7 Dwarfs because the line looked much longer. Rode Astro Orbiter, TRON again (posted 15 but we waited for the front row so longer) then rode a very empty Buzz Lightyear. Wandered around the hub area, walked through the Emporium, out of the park at 12:40. Caught a ferry to the TTC and drove back to our resort.

Very successful night, only bigger thing we skipped was Peter Pan but we were fine with that. The train must have stopped running at 7(?) so we missed it. Only stopped by the snack cart in Tomorrowland but it was always well stocked.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter