Age requirement for rides

MommyBG

Mouseketeer
Hopefully this isn't a stupid question, but can my 7-year-old son go on a ride with my 12-year-old daughter? When I read the requirements it says children "under age 7 must be accompanied by someone 14 or older". It doesn't 7 and under, so am I right to assume that a 7-year-old can go on with a 12-year-old. I will be there and sit behind them, it would be fun for them to sit together! Thanks.

posted in another thread .... actually 2 other threads lol. My at the time 2 year old rode with my 5 year old. I sat behind them. No problem at all. And I have the pic to prove it :)

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7878749669.jpeg

A 7 year old is fine with an older child, any younger they must be with an adult

Thank-you. When we were there last year (he was 6), sometimes he was allowed to ride with his sister, sometimes not. Now I can tell them that they are "really allowed" this time!

posted in another thread .... actually 2 other threads lol. My at the time 2 year old rode with my 5 year old. I sat behind them. No problem at all. And I have the pic to prove it :)

Oh Wow! We've been made change seats a couple of times when he was 5 and 6...I think the SDMT was one of the them!

A 7 year old can ride by them self so yes the 7 year old is fine.....the way I read the rules the 12 year old Would need to be 14 to ride with a child that is 6 or younger.

A 7 year old can ride all by himself. Doesn’t need anyone.

That isn’t always allowed on that ride with the under-7s. FYI.
We did that on more than a few rides. Figment (which isn’t intense), Dumbo, Barnstormer, Peter Pan, Winnie the Poo etc.

We did that on more than a few rides. Figment (which isn’t intense), Dumbo, Barnstormer, Peter Pan, Winnie the Poo etc.

We also had a CM on 7DMT who let my 5 yo go with her 8 yo cousin. We even asked if it was ok and they said yes. The rules seem to be inconsistently applied on that ride. Although based on what’s been said before about needing to have an adult in the same vehicle with no couple between adult and kiddos, 7DMT should be allowable because the carts allow for that.

Barnstormer they made us go 1 parent with each under 7 child at a time (we had 3) using rider swap.

If I understand the policy right it’s fine for them to be together on the other rides you mention (adult in the same ride vehicle).

Hopefully this isn't a stupid question, but can my 7-year-old son go on a ride with my 12-year-old daughter? When I read the requirements it says children "under age 7 must be accompanied by someone 14 or older". It doesn't 7 and under, so am I right to assume that a 7-year-old can go on with a 12-year-old. I will be there and sit behind them, it would be fun for them to sit together! Thanks.
Yes, that's fine

Your 7 year old can ride all by himself. No other person is needed.
If he were 6, he would need to be accompanied by someone over 14.

So you were riding with them. They were not riding alone. The question is whether the 7 year old can ride with a 12 year old (I'm figuring they mean without a parent).
She said "I will be there and sit behind them, it would be fun for them to sit together!" And no way would I let them go without me! What fun would that be?? :tongue:

There is something about the ride vehicle design that allows the under 6 to ride with a under 14, provided a over 14 is in the next vehicle. That's why is appears to be inconsistently applied. It's not actually. It's the ride vehicle differences. I admit I can't cite the differences myself, but I'm positive that someone here can. All I can recall is it's something about the way they are connected to each other.

In OPs case it won't matter as her's are over 7. But for others with someone 6 and under, you have to learn the various vehicle types to learn which they can ride together and which they can't.

Jumping on here, so my DD7 and DD 9 can ride together? That is fantastic! DH doesn't do rides and my sister and I were going to have to figure out how to split ourselves between 4 kids.

There is something about the ride vehicle design that allows the under 6 to ride with a under 14, provided a over 14 is in the next vehicle. That's why is appears to be inconsistently applied. It's not actually. It's the ride vehicle differences. I admit I can't cite the differences myself, but I'm positive that someone here can. All I can recall is it's something about the way they are connected to each other.

In OPs case it won't matter as her's are over 7. But for others with someone 6 and under, you have to learn the various vehicle types to learn which they can ride together and which they can't.

From what I’ve read, though, is that there’s no solid rule for the vehicles. Some have been unable to have their under-7s together on mine train, with the adults right behind them, and others have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter