Age restriction on comedy shows

KellyHonos

DisneyDivaxo
I have been scratching my heads for months about this, and now I realize, DUH! I could ask here!

This December, my dad, aunt, sister and I are all going on the Harmony of the seas. We have all our shows selected, however, we are unable to book the comedy show because my sister is 12. I read the fine print and it does say that children under 18 are allowed in as long as they are accompanied by someone over 18. I am 24 and my father and Aunt are in their 50s, so we are set there. However, how do I book the comedy show with her age set as 12? I don't want to be dishonest and change her age on there...

any suggestions as to how to assure that we are able to see the comedy show?

We just got off Allure on Sunday and there was an all-ages comedy show on the last night. You didn't need to (and couldn't) make reservations for that one. I would imagine Harmony will be the same.

There's no way to change her age. I didn't even realize anyone under 18 was allowed. Personally I wouldn't be comfortable bring my 12yo. I would let her go to the Teen Club while the rest of you go to the show. But YMMV
Last cruise we went on the comic wasn't dirty at all.

We just got off Allure on Sunday and there was an all-ages comedy show on the last night. You didn't need to (and couldn't) make reservations for that one. I would imagine Harmony will be the same.
Interesting. When I go into my cruise planner, it has the comedy show as an option to reserve.

The comedy shows on both Harmony and Allure we reserved and they were about 10:00. In both cases we thought they were very funny but not appropriate (IMO) for a 12 year old- or 14- or 16 especially with a parent or grandparent;)
Great news! Did you have adolescents with you

Last cruise we went on the comic wasn't dirty at all.
Some are some aren't. There is no way to know beforehand. There is a family comedy show in the theater. I would take her to that one.

Truthfully it annoys me that they've apparently changed their policy.

Some are some aren't. There is no way to know beforehand. There is a family comedy show in the theater. I would take her to that one.

Truthfully it annoys me that they've apparently changed their policy.
There is always the option to leave. I'd rather plan ahead and at least have room in the venue versus just winging it.

The adult show in the comedy club can be reserved. The family comedy show in the theater can't be reserved.

This. There were 3 comedy show options in our planner before we boarded the ship. All of them were 18+ and could only be reserved for the adults. It wasn't until the last evening that there was an all-ages comedy show. My parents went to one of the reserved ones and then we all went to the all-ages one. Our 11-year old thought it was hilarious!

This. There were 3 comedy show options in our planner before we boarded the ship. All of them were 18+ and could only be reserved for the adults. It wasn't until the last evening that there was an all-ages comedy show. My parents went to one of the reserved ones and then we all went to the all-ages one. Our 11-year old thought it was hilarious!
Oh that's awesome!!! Then perhaps the comedy show I'm attempting to book is the family friendly one? I'm not sure. Getting mixed signals on what to do lol

Oh that's awesome!!! Then perhaps the comedy show I'm attempting to book is the family friendly one? I'm not sure. Getting mixed signals on what to do lol

- The family friendly comedy show you are unable to reserve in advance.
- The adult entertainment comedy show you are able to reserve in advance.

Per RCI regarding the adult comedy show -

"Join us for grown up entertainment by riotously funny standup comedians and improv performers."
  • For adult audiences 18 years and up.
  • Guests 17 years and younger must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Combined with the time of night I think they are trying to say this is not for children. When they say younger will be accepted I feel like they are thinking 16-17 years old depending on maturity. I do not think they are thinking it is appropriate for a 12 year old.

I will be on Harmony in a few weeks and have the show booked. You are 24 so maybe not in same mindset as others here. I am a parent, probably a very open parent when it comes to conversation/comedy, and I would be bothered if I saw a younger child in the show. There are great kids activities and clubs she can attend or when my kids were young .... I didn't go, staying with them, while the other adults went.

Maybe it would be nice for your Dad & Aunt to go without "the kids" and you can plan something with your sister to make her feel grown up and special, so many options.

Last edited:
- The family friendly comedy show you are unable to reserve in advance.
- The adult entertainment comedy show you are able to reserve in advance.

Per RCI regarding the adult comedy show -

"Join us for grown up entertainment by riotously funny standup comedians and improv performers."
  • For adult audiences 18 years and up.
  • Guests 17 years and younger must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Combined with the time of night I think they are trying to say this is not for children. When they say younger will be accepted I feel like they are thinking 16-17 years old depending on maturity. I do not think they are thinking it is appropriate for a 12 year old.

I will be on Harmony in a few weeks and have the show booked. You are 24 so maybe not in same mindset as others here. I am a parent, probably a very open parent when it comes to conversation/comedy, and I would be bothered if I saw a younger child in the show. There are great kids activities and clubs she can attend or when my kids were young .... I didn't go, staying with them, while the other adults went.

Maybe it would be nice for your Dad & Aunt to go without "the kids" and you can plan something with your sister to make her feel grown up and special, so many options.

The wording is misleading because it says "17 years and younger must be accompanied by a parent", but then above it says "18 and up"...so it leads me to believe that as long as the person under 18 is with a guardian, they will be allowed in. The comedy shows I've been to on cruise ships were not down right nasty, like a Bill Burr set. Of course every comic is different, and of course if I felt that comic was talking about too mature of stuff for her, I would have the option to leave. Or we may not go. It really is up in the air. Maybe she can just take a load off and hang out in the room, or maybe she will have made friends and can go off and something with them. I just wanted to know IF there was a possibility of her getting in, that's all. Thanks everyone :)

On allure right now and asked the hostess of the comedy club if anyone under 18 was allowed. Was told that no you have to be 18 and over, that is why cruise planner will not let you book it. There is a family friendly show tomorrow, last night of cruise, in the main theatre for everyone.

Btw the 2 comedians were great and i would not take my 12 year old son to it. Way to many adult themes and language.

This has been the same for the previous times we have sailed oasis and allure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!