Age verification for kids under 3?!?

jliucci

Mouseketeer
Our daughter will be 2.5 yrs old during our trip this year. (Yay for being free! lol) Is there any age verification for parks, restaurants, etc? Should i bring a copy of her birth certificate or is that not necessary? Has anyone had any issues before?

Thanks!

All it takes is an answer that your child is less than 3, but having a pdf of the birth certificate on your phone would probably give you peace of mind.

Nobody asks. A few CMs were actually shocked that we bought our petite 3 year old a ticket. I’m sure it will blow their mind even more that my second who is even smaller than my first was has her AP since we are going right after her 3rd birthday.

My at the time 9 year old was a tall 5’6 and looked more like 13, but no one questioned her being a child on the ticket or meal plan, and No one questioned my toddler sons age either. It’s like an honor system, they take your word for it.

I'm worried about this too, we are going 13 days before my 2 year old turns 3.

She speaks pretty clearly for her age and is almost as big as my 5 year old (who is tiny). In fact, they both wear 4T. But I will trust that they will trust me. If they don't, I'm sure I have some proof of her birthday on my phone I can access.

She speaks pretty clearly for her age and is almost as big as my 5 year old (who is tiny). In fact, they both wear 4T. But I will trust that they will trust me. If they don't, I'm sure I have some proof of her birthday on my phone I can access.

Zero reason to worry. You likely won't even be asked.

CM's are not inspecting birth certificates or scrutinizing you. You'll be fine

they won't ask for a document copy be
Zero reason to worry. You likely won't even be asked.

CM's are not inspecting birth certificates or scrutinizing you. You'll be fine
Yes. CMs are not the TSA except that the TSA also won't take letters, cards, notes, copies for verification of anything.

I took my daughter just after she turned 3. Bad planning, I know. Cast members were shocked that I bought her tickets. They kept just waving her into the park and she wanted to scan her band. No one asked her age. I had to keep telling the cast members at restaurants that she was 3 because they automatically assumed she was two and wouldn't charge us. At the Cape May Cafe character breakfast, the cast member actually refused to charge me for her. She thanked me for being honest and said the reward was a free breakfast. If you are concerned though, I think the idea of taking a picture of the birth certificate and having it on your phone is a great idea.

They won't ask...even if they think you are lying they won't ask. We took my great niece to Disneyland when she was 2 but she is very tall for her age and looked like she was 6 (she is now 9 and the same height as my 16 year old daughter). We got some weird looks but no one ever questioned us about it.

We took our 2year10month old to Disneyland last year with no issues, and no questions at all. We're planning for WDW for next Spring when our son is right around the same point. You'll be good...

this is just a dumb question but how are you going to prove that that proof of age is hers not someone else's? you say it is hers but how is CM going to know if they don't believe you when you say her age?

this is just a dumb question but how are you going to prove that that proof of age is hers not someone else's? you say it is hers but how is CM going to know if they don't believe you when you say her age?

I mean you could say that about anything. I'm sure I could Google a brirth certificate from just under 3 years ago and get a result to use.

I mean you could say that about anything. I'm sure I could Google a brirth certificate from just under 3 years ago and get a result to use.

They won't do it; but they could just ask the child a question using the name on the birth certificate. Or look at her sister if she has one and say" Welcome to the park (insert name on certificate)" and you can bet your bottom dollar that one will say......I'm not -----, I'm Suzie." Anyway my guys would have done that. BUT CMS are not going to try to embarrass any guest.

My DGS is very tall for his age, when he turned 2 to he was already wearing 3T shirts for some time... He is built like my daughter long legs and arms. We have never had anyone ask about his age. Don't worry you will be fine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter