Agh- last minute hotel anxiety HoJo vs. Park Vue

Mimi2Cam

Mouseketeer
I just realized that I could save nearly $600 if we choose HoJos vs Park Vue for our upcoming stay. I know this is probably ridiculous, but I need validation that I should take advantage of this. We’ve stayed at both- love the proximity of Park Vue but also love the HoJo property. The longer walk is an obvious disadvantage but $600 is a lot of churros :rolleyes1
At this point, I almost wish I would’ve stopped my obsession with planning :worship:

Definitely HoJo. I wouldn’t pay more to stay at Park Vue. $600 is a lot of money to pay for what, a little less walking and some breakfast? Those hotel breakfasts don’t tend to be a draw for my family, and with $600 you could eat Disney food and still have money left over. The HoJo is a wonderful property. The interior corridors, comfy beds, and great staff seal the deal for me.

Thank you- feeling just a little less crazy for asking.
And you’re so right about the breakfast offerings. Not much other than yogurt and fruit ever appeals to me at them anyway...

I agree, go HoJo for sure for that kind of savings. PVI is ok but I really can’t imagine paying MORE than HoJo to stay there.

I've heard a lot of great things about HOJO. I would pick it, $600 can go towards something special at the parks

For my family we will pay up to $20 bucks more a night for a place with breakfast, after that its not worth it money wise. If you like both then this is a no brainer to me!!! We love being close but the money is soo much different we would do it in a heart beat!!!

I'd definitely book HoJo for that kind of savings. I stayed there a few months back and did not mind the walk, morning, mid-day or at park close. (BTW re: breakfast - you'll walk by a Panera on the way to the park each morning. I'd take Panera over hotel continental breakfast any day!)

It really is not that bad of a walk - it likely doesn't take 5 minutes to walk from Park Vue over the Building 1 of the HOJO and I think it's a better property but I have no idea what category of room you have for it to be cheaper than Park Vue.

I would probably choose HoJo. BUT I would have to consider how much the breakfast at Park Vue means to me. Being closer and being able to quickly grab a bite to eat might be worth it to keep ParkVue. Back in the day, they used to also have some afternoon snack stuff too, they might not do that anymore though. And of course you could still buy breakfast, if you stayed at hojo but that means usually waiting in lines etc. You would be buying a few extra minutes. I don't think HoJo offers free breakfast? Maybe I am off in the weeds?

I’m shocked you got that deal. HoJo is usually quite a bit more expensive. I stayed there and enjoyed it ten years ago, but that was on the fabled “retro rate” of $79 a night for the building one/ two queens. Agree with PP that the walk seems great in the morning but feels like a marathon at the end of the night. Also, breakfast is a non-issue- yogurt and granola bars in your room works great, you’ll have a microwave and mini- fridge.

I would probably choose HoJo. BUT I would have to consider how much the breakfast at Park Vue means to me. Being closer and being able to quickly grab a bite to eat might be worth it to keep ParkVue. Back in the day, they used to also have some afternoon snack stuff too, they might not do that anymore though. And of course you could still buy breakfast, if you stayed at hojo but that means usually waiting in lines etc. You would be buying a few extra minutes. I don't think HoJo offers free breakfast? Maybe I am off in the weeds?

Rooms at the Hojo have a mini fridge and microwave. They have convenience store in Building 1 that sells some basic breakfast items like milk, cereal, pastries, yogurt, some fruit, protein bars, instant oatmeal etc. So not the most wholesome breakfast options but realistically neither is the PVI breakfast. You can pick these items up whenever to have in your room and avoid lines too. Is it the cheapest place for this stuff? No, but $600 goes a long way towards it (and depending on how you travel to DLR you could even bring some of these items with you).

There’s also a Mimi’s Cafe (muffins!), Panera and McDonald’s next door on your walk into the parks for breakfast. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter