Air Canada change my flight time and...

CanadianPaco

I miss my tags!
I thought I was stuck. This coming January trip, we were to depart at Orlando 8:30 pm but Air Canada changed it to 9:45 pm arriving in TO at 12:30 am! I was so disappointed!

I thought I would call and ask to see what options and costs there would be if I changed flights. To my GREAT surprise, I was offered the 2 other direct flights that day to chose from....at no cost to me.

The AC rep said that there wouldn't be a fee or a charge because THEY changed the flight time. This was news to me and I am thrilled to be able to leave during the day!!!! It paid to call!!!

Air Canada changed our flights last December and the change they made was to the day before. We were given several options to choose from (at no charge to us) as they were the ones initiating the change. This is standard procedure. Glad you got it worked out to your satisfaction.

Yes, that happened to me a few times already.

Twice they sold me a flight to MCO departing at 8AM but changed it to 6AM... I believe that it is to their advantage to do that and once hotels, ADR and Fastpasses are booked, well, we just endure.

Once, AC rescheduled a flight from 1PM to earlier in the morning which we could’t make because we were arriving from a cruise plus the connecting flight was departing before the first flight landed! I called and they fixed it all up for free as well.

The system for flights sale/scheduling is not always customer friendly but I found the staff always willing to help and documenting the changes properly in the file.

It depends on the change. The difference in departure has to be over a certain length of time before they will accommodate you. My AC flights for this weekend have been changed by about 20 minutes compared to what was initially booked. They wouldn’t cover the change fees for that. Same with Delta flights I have soon. Changes are only minor and therefore the airline won’t back free of charge changes. Westjet outright cancelled my flight home from Miami in February as they are going from two a day to one a day. The only flight does not work for me. And they couldn’t get me in a partner airline. So they are paying for a hotel for the night.

It depends on the change. The difference in departure has to be over a certain length of time before they will accommodate you. My AC flights for this weekend have been changed by about 20 minutes compared to what was initially booked. They wouldn’t cover the change fees for that. Same with Delta flights I have soon. Changes are only minor and therefore the airline won’t back free of charge changes. Westjet outright cancelled my flight home from Miami in February as they are going from two a day to one a day. The only flight does not work for me. And they couldn’t get me in a partner airline. So they are paying for a hotel for the night.

We had an experience with our airline canceling their direct return flight [they got rid of all of them between our city and Orlando] and replacing it with a connecting return flight. What had been a 930 pm departure had been switched to a 1 pm. I explained that was quite disappointing since it meant 8 less hours of Disney AND a connecting flight coming home. We were switched to the evening connecting flight, which gets into the connecting city just after midnight with the connection home in the morning. The airline is paying for a hotel near the connecting city airport.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter