Air Fare - Need Help Getting Started

Pink Flamingo

<font color=FF66FF>Think Pink!!!<br><font color=CC
Hi - Our family has a trip planned for June 2002 & I need some help getting started on making airline reservations. I read this board regularly & have tried some searches on airline web sites as well as places like Travelocity, but I feel like I'm going in circles. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Did you try Orbitz.com for a price quote too? They give you a chart of all the current prices for the flight days selected.

After that, watch this board, the travel websites and your local paper for specials. Sign up for travel special alerts from the airlines, travelocity and expedia too. I get e-mails on all sorts of travel discounts. Apparently Wednesday is the day airline fares go down, briefly sometimes. If anyone else has info to confirm this (BL ?) please fill in.

Thanks for the help Margie J! I hadn't tried Orbitz yet. I'll check that out.

I'm flying then, myself and I've found that It's a little early to be finding the best sales. Around March, they should come out with sales for that time period. Keep checking every day or so, sometimes they throw one out earlier.

When DH & I booked our last minute trip in April last year I noticed that on Wednesday mornings the airfares seemed cheapest. Don't know if that was my odd luck or what LOL.

Just keep looking! If you haven't tried bestfares.com 's Quick Fare Finder it is worth a peek. They show you a bunch of different airlines specials (but do NOT sign up to become a member there). I like travelocity.com, expedia.com & cheaptickets.com. Once you find a good rate you shoukd check that airlines website. Sometimes they offer the tickets even cheaper if you book them directly through their site.

Good luck!!!

For two of my trips in 2001 I found the cheapest flights on Delta on Friday mornings. I don't remember trying on Wednesday. The sale usually ended right before lunch.

Does anyone know how many months ahead the best fares come out? We are going in November and I usually buy my tickets 10-11 months out. The prices for my usual flights are about $160 higher per person this year so I'm waiting hoping prices will go down. I'm afraid they will go up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter