Air France

tmp

Mouseketeer
Has anyone travelled to CDG airport with them?
Have only found a couple of reviews and they seem to focus on how bad the check-in is and how horrible the airport itself is.
Would be really grateful for any info about the flight(food/legroom etc) so we have an idea what to expect.
Their website isn't very helpful-apparently you can do online checkin and allsorts of other things but I'm completely confused.:confused3
Thanks

Hi, we flew into Charles De Gaulle Airport (not sure of spelling) on AirFrance. We didn't have a problem at the checkin at JFK or when we arrived into Paris. The service on the plane was really good too! We then took the train to our hotel in Paris. The train ride to Disneyland took about an hour if remember and the train was very clean and comfortable. Wasn't thrilled with Disney though.....there were cigarette butts everywhere and some of the garbages were overflowing! You would NEVER see that in WDW or Disneyland Ca!!

In the past we've flown to CDG with Air France. As far as I remember they were fine.

The best thing about flying Air France is that you fly into Terminal 2, rather than Terminal 1, which I personally find a MUCH easier place to find my way around!! I must admit that I don't care for CDG at all, but I particularly dislike Terminal 1!!!!

Air France is great, IMO. My preferred airline for flying from the US. I've done flights with them between London and Paris a few times, and it was always nice. Eurostar is a bit easier if you're coming from London, IMO.

Check-in was always fine, both at Heathrow and CDG.

The food selection varies on the time of your flight. But overall, I've found Air France to have better food than any other airline. :)

CDG varies a lot. Some areas are very nice, and some are truly awful. Luckily, every flight I've taken to or from Heathrow and CDG has been to/from a very nice, modern terminal. :) The flights to/from the US are a different story.

To find out exact facts about the seats, legroom, etc., check out www.seatguru.com (for many airlines, not just Air France).

Yes I had hoped to travel by eurostar but it was fully booked.Have used it before and it is sooo straight forward it made it easy when travelling with children.But it was either fly or stay at home so the decision wasn't too hard!
Do the children get a fun pack of any type like they do on the eurostar?

I have flown Air France a few times between Washington and Paris and Rome and Paris. The service and food on Air France are very good. The leg room, however, is the worst of any airline that I have flown. I am tall and I really suffer during the trans-Atlantic flights in economy class. If leg room is important, consider arriving extra early for check in and requesting emergency exit row seating. The airline will assign emergency exit row seats only at the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter