Air Miles Universal Tickets

KandyM

DIS Veteran
So Air Miles looks to have discounted the number of miles on the buy two day, get three free tickets. Does anyone have any insight from past years on if this means a different type of ticket might show up soon? These expire in December and I am going in February. 😕. I am hoping for a similar deal extended to my dates.

So Air Miles looks to have discounted the number of miles on the buy two day, get three free tickets. Does anyone have any insight from past years on if this means a different type of ticket might show up soon? These expire in December and I am going in February. 😕. I am hoping for a similar deal extended to my dates.

I'm in the same boat...possible February trip!

I wouldn't be surprised if they discounted the tickets in the hopes that they will recoup some of the money they are out on these tickets! There is really no rhyme or reason to any of the rewards that pop up on the site, there isn't much sense in trying to attach any logic to the time frame cause it doesn't seem to exist!

Just keep watching the rewards section and hopefully they'll get some in that fit your trip dates soon. I know there are a few people in the Airmiles thread watching for these tickets so you could keep an eye open there for someone reporting. Good luck and have a great trip

I just bought some of these passes (a few days BEFORE they reduced the cost by 250 AMs each so spent an extra 1000 AMs :( but not a big deal). (They had disappeared off the site at the end of August (while I was trying to gain enough points) so as soon as they were back on the site, I jumped on them. I suspected that as we got closer to the expiry date, they might get cheaper but I didn't want to take any chances).

We're going in October and my plan is to upgrade them to annual passes. I'll post my results.

Does anyone know if US tickets are like Disney (i.e. even if they're expired, you can still trade them in for the original value of the ticket)?

Does anyone know if US tickets are like Disney (i.e. even if they're expired, you can still trade them in for the original value of the ticket)?

That's a very good question. I'd be curious to know the answer to that.

How are these tickets sent...electronically or snail mail, or will call? We are going soon and I am concerned I won't receive them in time if they are sent by Canada Post!

How are these tickets sent...electronically or snail mail, or will call? We are going soon and I am concerned I won't receive them in time if they are sent by Canada Post!
Any Disney tickets I have gotten from AM have been sent by courier, so I would assume these would be too. Last week I received a pair of tickets for a wine tasting taking place on Friday, and those came in the regular mail.

They were di
Any Disney tickets I have gotten from AM have been sent by courier, so I would assume these would be too. Last week I received a pair of tickets for a wine tasting taking place on Friday, and those came in the regular mail.

Mine came by courier (It might depend on the value of the tickets as well or it might depend on who they are getting them from). I ordered them on September 11th (in the evening I think), received notification that they were sent on Friday September 13th and received them by FedEx last week (might have been on Monday the 16th or maybe Wednesday the 18th).

Just confirming that I did receive them on Monday 16th. Actually, I hadn't noticed it before but if you login to your airmiles.ca account, select "view transactions" and select "used miles" and it shows the tracking information there (I don't think it was updated when I submitted the order on the 11th but now I suspect it was there on the 13th (I just didn't check (we're not leaving for another 3 weeks so I wasn't in that much of a hurry yet).

Last edited:
I just bought some of these passes (a few days BEFORE they reduced the cost by 250 AMs each so spent an extra 1000 AMs :( but not a big deal). (They had disappeared off the site at the end of August (while I was trying to gain enough points) so as soon as they were back on the site, I jumped on them. I suspected that as we got closer to the expiry date, they might get cheaper but I didn't want to take any chances).

We're going in October and my plan is to upgrade them to annual passes. I'll post my results.

In case anyone is curious, we have upgraded our tickets to annual passes but were only credited the value of 2 day tickets not 5 day tickets. I had read that this might happen but was hoping we'd get the 5 day value. I had read that it might make a difference if we first entered the park and then did the upgrade inside the park so we did that but it didn't make any difference. It didn't appear to make any difference what the tickets themselves day; they just scanned them (which presumably says 2 days + 3 days promo) and have us the value from that.

The tickets themselves day "2 pk 5 days PROMO". We recieved $284.99 credit for them and the preferred annual pass that we exchanged them for was $394.99 so had to pay $110 each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!