• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Air Pacific

kazbar

Mouseketeer
Has anyone flown from Australia to the US on Air Pacific?

We are all booked with them for September but I was just wondering if anyone had any reviews on them :)

Hi kazbar :thumbsup2

I started a similar thread a few months ago. I was contemplating flying Air Pacific as their prices were pretty good at the time. Unfortunately the reviews I got from here were not very good at all so I went with another carrier.

You should be able to find the thread if you go back a little. If I find it I will post a link.

xxxx

I found it, thanks.

We paid $5800 for 2 adults and 3 children for return flights Syd to LAX and 6 nights at Hojos for September so I am not expecting luxury :)

I had one 3 hour south pacific flight a few years ago and they had no entertainment. they made no announcements about anything so I don't know if it was broken or non existant or whatever.
I personally dislike having the stop over - and depending on the timing you can get cheaper fares on Qantas / V Aust / United etc or if you are willing to stop over in Auckland - Air NZ, before it would cross my mind to do a long haul flight on AP.
Hawaiian Air have been advertising specials - infact I just got an email saying $500 return to Hawaii book by tonight - and from Hawaii you might be able to pick up a cheapish LAX return airfare.

thanks but we are already booked and paid. I also dont think i could get a better price for 5 flights and 6 nights at hojos in a kids suite. Anyway, too late now.

Hi Kazbar,
I flew Air pacific in jan 2009 and Feb 2010 and they couldnt do enough to help us they were very firendly and everytrhing you asked wasd catered for.
I found the stop over in fiji for 4 hours wend really fast and you can get INternet access 100 minutes for $10 wifi so it makes the time go a bit quicker if you can log onto the net and have a play.
As for the inflight entertainment it was working the whole time we flew and they had movied on that werent even out in the cinemas here yet so that was a big plus.
The food was good for air plane food we had beef stew for lunch and eggs sausages and bacon from breakfast plas a salad roll for lunch/snack.
Over all I was very happy with them and would fly with them if I had the chance we didnt have one bad experience with them.
if you have anymore question feel free to PM me and I will be happy to answer them:).
Have fun lauren

Thank you Lauren :)

We have always found the Fijian people to be very friendly and great with children so as long as the kids are happy then their parents will be too

Not sure how long your stop over in Fiji is but the Hotel across the road from the airport (Raffles?) has a great pool and you can hire towles so you can all have a refreshing dip - will keep the kids very entertained. Just remember to pack your bathers and sunscreen and a few plastic bags in your hand luggage. There is also a place to eat there.

I dont think that will be necessary but thanks anyway :)

We are due in to Nadi at 18.55 and due to depart again at 22.00 so it will be less than 3 hours by the time we get sorted at as it will be night time I was hoping to just feed the kids and then get them dressed in their PJs with the hope of sending them to the land of nod when we re-boarded (thats the plan anyway :rotfl:)

You really dont have time to leave the airport we found that it only take 30 mins to get through security in fiji at the most about 2 if you dont go to the toliet before you go through security just wait till after you get through there are more toilets.
Good Idea to get the kids into pj's i went to the land of nod after we reboarded i wasnt well though so i think my tablets kicked in lol!!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter