• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Air Transat

mom_rules

<font color=FF66FF>LOVES the Yachtsmen!<br><font c
Has anyone flown Club Transat?
Is it worth the extra money?

How far in advance can you book a flight?

I can't get rates for end of April yet, although
the rest of my trip is already booked.

My last flight to MCO was Air Transat. It was the most uncomfortable flight I'd ever been on. When I got there I called my TA trying to get Club Transat for the return but it wasn't avail on that flight.

So in my opinion the only way I would fly AT is club transat. I would calculate the extra charge and see if its better to fly Air Canada or fly Southwest out of the states. I understand they are very budget as well but at least they are half the cost.

What can you tell me about Club Transat itself?

Some packages don't offer you a choice of airlines-just wanted to know what it's like and how hard it is to get ressies for.

Hi!

If I'm not mistaken, it's $50.00 extra per person but not always offered for flights to FLA. I have never tried it but two years when I flew AT, I took a peek up front. It's a lot more roomier and better snacks, etc. I agree, most of the charter flights on AT are very cramped but AC is way too expensive. Flying with Southwest is not an option since my mom lives 5 min. from the airport, seems like too much of a hassle shuffling off to Buffalo, etc.

Check the AT Book, 'cause it's one airplane that doesn't have the Club Transat available, 757, but don't quote me.

Scratch
:smooth:

Thanks-good to know.

I agree I find AC expensive :mad:. We used to fly
Canada 3000 (also charter/little cramped) but food
and entertainment was okay. Price certainly was
good.

We flew with Canada 3000, AT and AC and other defunked airlines (we are the kiss of death to airlines LOL). They are all the same to me. Pile 'em in, ship 'em out, dump 'em off. AC was a little nicer than the rest. We flew AC last April because we got a great seat sale, best price ever. The seat sale started in January. I booked our seats 100 days before the April trip. S

Thanks Sandra.

Keep your fingers crossed for me for May.
Hopefully they will have a good sale then too.

You said you were able to book January for April?
Do you think they will have something for end of
April beginning of May in Jan/Feb?

How did you find the seat sale?

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter