Airfare

bekkiz

DIS Veteran
Hi all-

I'm trying to plan a trip to WDW in early Dec (7-12) and am having issues with the airfare. Right now, from CA to orlando is about $330-400 per person. However I keep finding rates through september for only $198. Will they eventuall lower the dec rates (i.e. should I wait to see if they go down) or is early Dec a bad time to travel?

Thanks
Bekki

sales for dec aren't out yet. you can buy it now at the fare you see if you are worried and then when the fare goes down you can get a voucher for the difference if you qualify to use towards a future purchase of flights. dec fares won't be out until fall. for isntance last dec we flew to mco and I bought my tkts the day the sale started oct 17th.

Well be patient.We went last year in Jan 2001.We (3 of us)got R/T airfare on Delta for $183.00 each, from San Jose Calif. to WDW.Start looking in early June,check expedia,my personal favorite,often.Check daily, it will turn up!!! We are going back in Jan 2002, so I will start my shopping early July.Good luck!!:bounce:

Be patient. I purchased tickets last year from Boise to Orlando for over $400 per person on Delta: I bought during June or July for our Dec. trip. In Aug., after a wonderful notice on the Budget Board, I got tickets for $220 on United. Even with the $75 cancellation fee, it was cheaper to change.

I can't fiogure out why you were charged the 75 fee. if its the same flight then you're not changing anyting. its just an adjustment to the fare. something isn't right on that one.........in fact last fri I got someone a refund voucher on their flights from 196 to 168 per person and ther was no fee to get that done.

Her first ticket was on Delta and her second ticket was on United. It would seem to me that she would have had to buy a new ticket on United and the change fee on her Delta ticket would apply to a re-use of that ticket for a different Delta itinerary.

oh duh I wasn't paying attention to that.should have just stuck to the same carrier. but thanks for pointing that out to me........:pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter