Airline policy changes (United made another big one)

stupid (possibally) queston: if you booked with a travel agent and paid for full canclation insurance and due to covid cant fly you can get full refund still right? Just currious, we booked a trip to denver in october and paid for full canclation insurance.

stupid (possibally) queston: if you booked with a travel agent and paid for full canclation insurance and due to covid cant fly you can get full refund still right? Just currious, we booked a trip to denver in october and paid for full canclation insurance.
What do you mean by full cancellation insurance? If you mean "Cancel for any reason" insurance, then yes, you should be covered for a refund (although it usually only covers 75% or so of the cost).

If you did *not* get "Cancel for any reason" insurance, and you mean you bought a regular travel policy to cover the entire trip, it depends on what you mean by you can't fly "due to COVID". If you personally have COVID-19, and are not allowed to fly, then yes, you *should* get a refund. But you need to check with the insurance company to see what documentation they need from your doctor to verify you couldn't travel because you were sick. If you mean you can't travel because your flight has been cancelled due to COVID-19, then no, you will not be covered. Most travel insurance does not cover pandemics. They would expect you to get a refund from your airline and/or whatever other travel arrangements were cancelled. If *you* cancelled, you are at the mercy of the travel providers.

Sayhello

Just got my refund from United today. In 2 days, it would have been 4 months since I canceled my flights on the grounds that United made significant changes to itinerary. My TA had said I would get the refund in 3 to 4 months. I was planning on spending my Thursday making phone calls to track down my refund. Glad that’s done

Just got my refund from United today. In 2 days, it would have been 4 months since I canceled my flights on the grounds that United made significant changes to itinerary. My TA had said I would get the refund in 3 to 4 months. I was planning on spending my Thursday making phone calls to track down my refund. Glad that’s done
Let us all be "united" in our future choices for flights - put United and American out of business!

I filed a complaint with both the CTA and DOT. Not sure what will come of it.
Are you sure you sent your complaint exactly to the right place? I'm from California, i am now in a similar situation and Filing Complaint With California Attorney General as in this example.

What happened with American? They are currently on my 'nice' list. I had not heard of issues with them.
See my Australia trip report. They couldn't get their planes off the ground or on time and left us stranded without luggage in Dallas. I lost two days of the trip. Now they cram people again into planes. Worst. airline. ever.

See my Australia trip report. They couldn't get their planes off the ground or on time and left us stranded without luggage in Dallas. I lost two days of the trip. Now they cram people again into planes. Worst. airline. ever.
Ah yes, I remember that! That was entirely uncool.

I like American. They goofed up the PPs trip, but all airlines have slip-ups. I guess when it happens to you is when you revile the airline. But different people have good & bad experiences with different airlines. I've had bad experiences with Frontier, United & Southwest. They're on my naughty list. American & Delta are on my nice list.

Are you sure you sent your complaint exactly to the right place? I'm from California, i am now in a similar situation and Filing Complaint With California Attorney General as in this example.
Sorry, I am unsure what you are asking. DOT = Department of Transportation (national) and CTA = Canadian Transportation Authority (since West Jet is a Cdn airline). I got my money back based on my complaint filed with the DOT (West Jet didn't contest the dispute on my credit card based on the complaint I filed with the DOT).

I do not know anything about filing with the Attorney General since I did not go that route.

I have wondered if Chase ever got their refund from United for my flights.

Unfortunately, I still have $260.70 worth of credits on United :/

American Airlines has never been generous.
I avoid them and rate Southwest very customer friendly after all these years as loyal customer.

In case anyone is sitting with an Air Canada credit from cancelled 2020 flights- they changed their position last month & will now provide a refund if one is requested. I had some credit from August flights I cancelled in June; canceled by me not the airline ( though I don’t know if Air Canada later cancelled the flights as I did not check back). I applied for the refund last month and received the notice today it has been processed. I never received anything from Air Canada; I saw this article about it.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/air-canada-refunds-canceled-flights/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter