Airline Ticket questions

TooBoyz4us

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone, I have a few airline ticket questions.......

We have received our paper tickets in the mail from WDTC.We are flying Delta out of ATL.

I am confused as to whether or not we still need to stop at the front counter (the one with the long lines) to check-in, or if we can check in at curbside or what?????
And if we check in at curbside, do we still have to do the front counter?

My tickets have "passenger ticket &baggage claim " section on the left of the ticket and a "boarding pass" on the right side.
In the "boarding section there is a little white box that says CHECK IN REQUIRED.
Does that mean check in at the gate?

I am not a very frequent flyer as you can probably tell...........so I need some help.

~Chris

Well, I don't know where you are flying out of, but at most airports when you give your luggage to the skycap they can give you a boarding pass. (That is the check in required part). In any case, if you check your luggage with the skycap you won't need to stand in line at the counter. If the skycap cannot give you a boarding pass, just go on to the gate and get one there.

I am not sure if this has changed, but, once upon a not too long time ago, Delta could not issue boarding passes for people with paper tickets, only those holding Etickets. Now, things may have ( and probably ) have changed, but, I would call Delta and ask.

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
I am not sure if this has changed, but, once upon a not too long time ago, Delta could not issue boarding passes for people with paper tickets, only those holding Etickets.

Wait, now I am confused Gail
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Why wouldn't Delta issue a boarding pass to someone who had a paper ticket? The paper tickets are what WDTC sent to us.

Is there anyone out there who purchased their airfare thru Walt Disney like we did?
Did everything go smoothly for you?

Help!
Chris
:confused:

We purchased a package including airline tickets in May from WDTC. We flew United and checked in at the front counter. They issued boarding passes there. I am not certain if the Skycaps can issue boarding passes; if they cannot, you could get them at the gate. We had NO PROBLEMS with paper tickets or getting boarding passes.

TooBoyz4us
OMG!!!! I am so sorry!!!!! What I meant to say is I am not sure if this has changed, but, once upon a not too long time ago, sky caps could not issue boarding passes for people with paper tickets, only those holding Etickets.
I am truly sorry for this error. I had a REALLY BAD day at work yesterday and obviously had a brain fade.

Oh no problem Gail!!!

I guess I just panicked when I read your post.The last thing I wanted to think was that our tickets weren't any good,LOL !!

We will just go to the airport early and figure out where to go from there ;)

I'm sure we will be up at the crack of dawn anyway full of excitement!!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

TooBoyz -- you sound like my DW and me! For a 7 AM flight, I'll leave for the airport at 4 AM! LOL!!

You may want to call Delta and ask if Skycaps can issue boarding passes. At most airports I've been at they cannot, but I've not been through ATL in a long time.

Since Atlanta is Delta's hub, they can issue boarding passes! Trust me. Even if the skycaps cannot give you a boarding pass, take your tickets, go thru security and to your gate to get the pass. DO NOT go stand in line again at the counter. (Unless you would rather stand in line at the counter and skip the skycaps!) Also, don't forget to tip the skycaps!

TooBoyz4us
I panicked when I read my post too. :) Thanks for being so nice about my mistake.
I know about excitement, I am NOW OFFICIALLY ON VACATION!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

20 HOURS AND COUNTING for you Gail!!!!!! You lucky, lucky girl ;)

I hope you have an absolutely wonderful vacation!!!
Fill us in when you get back.

~Chris

Chris,
Thank you for the nice wishes. Just think, when I get back you will be down to 17 days and then when you go, I will be wishing I was going too. ;)
I will fill you in when I get back.
In the meantime, happy planning!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter