Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Vent coming.

Airmiles posted for last weeks adventures with Gift Cards. Rather Sobeys GC purchases posted. The 2 GC I purchased at Foodland did not (AM weren't on receipt I was told they would make it right if they didn't post). I called the store spoke with the front end manager and she said "they take 6-8 weeks to post". It was a computer oversight with their system early on I say. Is the system working the CG correctly now? Yes it is. Gave her the time and transaction #'s. She's looking into it. Wants to handle the transaction of giving me my 200AM properly so the store isn't charged if it isn't supposed to be. What a load of cr...p.

Every other store just adds them right then and there when it doesn't go through properly. (post 3 above mine) I am so frustrated I don't want to wait 6-8 weeks, the stupid promotion will be over and I won't qualify for those two extra entries to the otherwise stupid contest they have going on. I am so down on Airmiles and their stupid promotions at the moment. Just give me my airmiles. Substitute another other favourite word for stupid.

Now to go stress eat! Thank you for letting me vent.

Vent coming.

Airmiles posted for last weeks adventures with Gift Cards. Rather Sobeys GC purchases posted. The 2 GC I purchased at Foodland did not (AM weren't on receipt I was told they would make it right if they didn't post). I called the store spoke with the front end manager and she said "they take 6-8 weeks to post". It was a computer oversight with their system early on I say. Is the system working the CG correctly now? Yes it is. Gave her the time and transaction #'s. She's looking into it. Wants to handle the transaction of giving me my 200AM properly so the store isn't charged if it isn't supposed to be. What a load of cr...p.

Every other store just adds them right then and there when it doesn't go through properly. (post 3 above mine) I am so frustrated I don't want to wait 6-8 weeks, the stupid promotion will be over and I won't qualify for those two extra entries to the otherwise stupid contest they have going on. I am so down on Airmiles and their stupid promotions at the moment. Just give me my airmiles. Substitute another other favourite word for stupid.

I’m sorry you are so stressed. And I agree with you , the constant mistakes and challenges with their promos are so frustrating. I don’t blame you for venting.

I’m 11th hour posting to ask everyone /anyone if I go to Sobey’s after dinner and do the $200 gift card do I have to show a code or coupon to get the miles ? My app shows me a code to show ,but DH doesn’t have the app, should I get him to download it too ?

I’m sorry if this has been covered already. I’ve been swamped this summer it’s all I can do to get everything done ,I haven’t had much time for airmiles.

I’m 11th hour posting to ask everyone /anyone if I go to Sobey’s after dinner and do the $200 gift card do I have to show a code or coupon to get the miles ? My app shows me a code to show ,but DH doesn’t have the app, should I get him to download it too ?

I’m sorry if this has been covered already. I’ve been swamped this summer it’s all I can do to get everything done ,I haven’t had much time for airmiles.
Yes you need a coupon to scan. I know that my Sobey's in Ajax had coupons at the cash and when I bought mine the cashier scanned 2 different coupons because she didn't want it to not work.
You can print them online as well which is what I had done before I realized that they had them in the store.

I’m sorry you are so stressed. And I agree with you , the constant mistakes and challenges with their promos are so frustrating. I don’t blame you for venting.

Hi Hon
I don't have the app BUT I went to roundup contest via internet on phone and got the coupon to scan.
https://roundupcontest.airmiles.ca/en/partner_offers
Maybe this will help
Hugs
Mel

Vent coming.

Sending you a Big Pooh Bear Hug
Hugs Hon
Mel

Okay, so here is a story from a couple of years ago, when our son was 11. I should preface this story by saying that our son is autistic so while he feels things quite deeply, he sometimes takes a while to process how he is feeling.

So, we are really good friends with our next door neighbours, we actually share a driveway and a large backyard. They had two wiener dogs that we used to watch all the time, in fact the dogs thought they just had one home that happened to be split between two houses. A couple of years ago one of the dogs, Finnegan, got sick with lymphoma and sadly passed away. The night he died we knew he was going to go very soon so our friends said that we should go over if we wanted to say goodbye. We all did and our son went over, gave the dog a pat on the head and said "bye Finnegan" and then walked out.

Shortly after, I had to go out so the rest of the story was told to me by my husband.

Finnegan passed away just a few minutes after I left and since my friend is a nurse, they decided it was not necessary for them to bring the dog into the vet to confirm it. They had also decided to bury Finnegan in their side of the backyard. So, they hold a funeral right away. So, here you have my friend, her son (not quite 13 at the time) and her husband plus my husband and son. Everything was going okay, they dug a hole, said a few words and then came the time to put the dog into the hole...as soon as they do this, the penny drops with my son and he realizes that this means that Finnegan is dead. Well, my son bursts into tears and yells out as loud as he can "WHY ARE YOU RUINING MY LIFE?" My friend's son, who has been crying this whole time starts freaking out and just sobbing.

My husband rushes our kid inside.

They still have the second weiner dog but she is getting quite old now. Our son is 14 now but I dread how he is going to deal with her funeral. (Also, I love the dog and I am going to be crushed when she dies. :sad: )

Aww poor kid. It's hard losing pets. I just wanted to say I'm sorry and give you a :hug:

Anybody notice the alternative way you can enter the contest? 50 word essay baby! For anybody who can’t get the five vendors, this would be an option (if you get the 5 vendors, you max out your entries)

On another note, I just made my three vendors: Sobeys, Children’s Place, and Shoe Warehouse through the on-line store - woot! I may make all five, Shell is easy, but Rexall will be tricky for me :/

Wednesday almost slipped away before i got the flyer links in the first post updated 😱 Here's the links not already provided

Sobey's Western Flyer
Sobey's Atlantic Flyer
Foodland Atlantic Flyer

There really isn't anything much noteworthy in ANY of the flyers for this household.
If anyone used apple products, Metro has an offer- buy $50 gift card for the app store or iTunes get 75 AM

Just sharing
I have been tossing the idea of a new pet ever since my sister got a new puppy........................
talked myself down a few times .....till this weekend when I decided I wanted a Betta Fish,,,,,,,,,,,so I got a new tank,,plants treasure chest,,Betta Hammock,,food,water conditioner,,etc.
Today I picked up my new friend _______________ he is a male crowntail Betta,,blue/ red/purple,,I haven't named him yet but he seems to love his new home.
Now I can actually get some airmiles at Global Pet.

View attachment 425677

Hugs
Mel

If he was a girl you could have named her "Miley" lol

Donald --> Did your Sobey's e-card work out ok in the end? It sounded like a weird process.

I'm still waiting for the Gatorland pass. I started the process at the end of July. My miles were removed on August 2 and they asked for the name of the person for the ticket. It will be a week tomorrow since Air Miles told me they were having technical issues... Air Miles only has 8 business days left (including today) to e-mail me the ticket. I just sent them another e-mail.

Anybody notice the alternative way you can enter the contest? 50 word essay baby! For anybody who can’t get the five vendors, this would be an option (if you get the 5 vendors, you max out your entries)

On another note, I just made my three vendors: Sobeys, Children’s Place, and Shoe Warehouse through the on-line store - woot! I may make all five, Shell is easy, but Rexall will be tricky for me :/

Thanks so much for posting that you can do an NPE for this. Just entered.

UGGG, brain fart and being very tired.
So Tues night at Jays game home just after midnight. Leave wed am for Kingston, On 3 hour drive. Hang out with family in from Halifax for a Rugby tourney for their daughter. Back home just after 8pm. Knew last day for GC from Sobeys. Dead tired but walked across the street and picked up 2 more. Plus 6 pack and was able to pay with my old GC. Always try sometimes it still works.
Well being as tired as I was, the paying with GC worked, I forgot to show the AM coupon. Got home looked at my receipt, no AM. Uggg. Not worth it for me to go back and get points, Have a beer go to sleep.
Live and learn.

Still upset about my AM not posting. The front end manager said she would look into it. How long do I give her to look into it before I go for a face to face at the store? I was thinking if I don't hear back from her tomorrow morning I would go in the afternoon tomorrow or is that too soon?

Still upset about my AM not posting. The front end manager said she would look into it. How long do I give her to look into it before I go for a face to face at the store? I was thinking if I don't hear back from her tomorrow morning I would go in the afternoon tomorrow or is that too soon?

Hi Hon
I would go tomorrow,,,also I would give airmiles CHAT a try.

I just did a Chat,,,requesting how long before my Christmas in July promo airmiles would take to post--yep probably 120 days --close to the actual Christmas!!

I just spent quite a while expressing my views on the whole airmiles program,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:(:(:mad:
While I'm sure they are trained to just listen...... I do hope they pass along my concerns.
1. airmiles drought..on.and ....on and ..........on!!!
2. length of time for promos to post but if someone goes on Facebook or Twitter the points magically appear in the person's account.(double standards).
3. How much cheerios,oatmeal,yogurt can a person buy??
4. Inconsistent Blue Fridays in Ontario
5. Cash registers not automatically adding airmiles
6. Load N Go same products for Rexall for months on end.
Ok I wasn't really doing CHAT I was Venting but atleast I had my say and feel better.
Hope today is a bright better one for you.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
UGGG, brain fart and being very tired.
So Tues night at Jays game home just after midnight. Leave wed am for Kingston, On 3 hour drive. Hang out with family in from Halifax for a Rugby tourney for their daughter. Back home just after 8pm. Knew last day for GC from Sobeys. Dead tired but walked across the street and picked up 2 more. Plus 6 pack and was able to pay with my old GC. Always try sometimes it still works.
Well being as tired as I was, the paying with GC worked, I forgot to show the AM coupon. Got home looked at my receipt, no AM. Uggg. Not worth it for me to go back and get points, Have a beer go to sleep.
Live and learn.
Hi Mort,,,maybe
Go back today and ask for some goodwill help.
Hugs Mel

Donald --> Did your Sobey's e-card work out ok in the end? It sounded like a weird process.

I'm still waiting for the Gatorland pass. I started the process at the end of July. My miles were removed on August 2 and they asked for the name of the person for the ticket. It will be a week tomorrow since Air Miles told me they were having technical issues... Air Miles only has 8 business days left (including today) to e-mail me the ticket. I just sent them another e-mail.
Yes, it's "fixed" -- I was told to go into your account, under transactions you click on Used miles, under the item you're waiting for a voucher there's a button to "resend" the voucher -- double click on that. Not sure if you're in the same boat since you had to provide a name for the ticket but give this a try and see what happens

I had the same issue with Paramount Studios Tour tickets for LA next week. Yesterday, I had them cancel the order and return my miles. I’ll just buy the tour tix instead.

10x miles at Indigo for the next few days on airmilesshops. Since these are one of the few stores that give miles on gift cards, might be a good opportunity for some, especially if you are looking for a spend for Round Up - on $100 gift card you'd get 5 base, 45 bonus and then the 50 bonus for the Round Up promo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!