Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I earned a lot of points on Amazon gift cards during the Christmas season a year and a half ago (20x points back then). But I wouldn't count on it at any time, I chalked it up to a system glitch. No experience with their gift cards since then.

Also, with Amazon Prime Day tomorrow, just wanted to emphasize the less obvious restrictions: Groceries, Automotive supplies, Tools & Home Improvement. I have had to watch out for things like command strips/picture hooks, furniture/floor repair markers, granola bars, all excluded from airmilesshops purchases. I now double check those last minute top up items to reach the minimum to make sure the category qualifies.

Thanks for sharing,,good to know
Hugs
Mel

Anyone thinking of doing Amazon Prime Day through the airmiles shop website?
I was thinking maybe pick up a few Amazon Gift Cards ahead of time at Shell.
https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists/loyalty-and-payment/air-miles/every-day-air-miles.html
Hugs
Mel
Also, with Amazon Prime Day tomorrow, just wanted to emphasize the less obvious restrictions: Groceries, Automotive supplies, Tools & Home Improvement. I have had to watch out for things like command strips/picture hooks, furniture/floor repair markers, granola bars, all excluded from airmilesshops purchases. I now double check those last minute top up items to reach the minimum to make sure the category qualifies.
Thanks!These were good reminders! I went to Shell and put in 25.040L in for my 2nd 25L buy this month. I'll be able to add the third with no problem. :banana: I bought some Amazon gift cards in preparation for Prime Day. I'm hoping for some Christmas gifts. Whatever is left over will be good for Kindle books for our cruise in the fall.

I've gotta get going on that Christmas in July promo. Haven't done a single one yet. I'm in a kind of an Airmiles shopping slump at the moment. Nothing I really need to buy and just don't feel like going out there for the hunt. Hoping there will be a promotion with a great return that pulls me out of this.

I've gotta get going on that Christmas in July promo. Haven't done a single one yet. I'm in a kind of an Airmiles shopping slump at the moment. Nothing I really need to buy and just don't feel like going out there for the hunt. Hoping there will be a promotion with a great return that pulls me out of this.

I’m in a similar spot, and really on the fence about the promo. I could probably put enough shops together (it would be awesome to pull a Mel and get started on gifts! but i’m not sure i’m organized enough for that yet).

Maybe tonight after I get things set for the week I’ll look through the promo a bit more and see what I can pull together. But like you, it’ll be a bit of work. Not sure it’s work I want to do right now.

OT, finally done all my strawberry jam for the year. Great crop worth the late start, huge and juicy. We now have enough for the year and for end of year(next) teachers gifts and the odd jar to give out when you want more than a no name gift card.
Mel, its turned out better then that batch I got to you. Need you to verify.:)

I’m in a similar spot, and really on the fence about the promo. I could probably put enough shops together (it would be awesome to pull a Mel and get started on gifts! but i’m not sure i’m organized enough for that yet).

Maybe tonight after I get things set for the week I’ll look through the promo a bit more and see what I can pull together. But like you, it’ll be a bit of work. Not sure it’s work I want to do right now.

I hear you both
I actually went into this promo thinking there is no way I can do 3 shops,,
but
I am always looking for new hoodies,,I got the hunter pine and pink blush --I wear them everyday to work,
https://oldnavy.gapcanada.ca/browse...www.oldnavy.ca/products/hoodies-for-women.jspthen I realized that two of my coworkers keep giving me Indigo gift cards for Christmas so they are getting them from me this year,,Well.ca was easy for me as they had lots to choose from,,they even have snacks and grocery stuff.
I do not think that it is one of airmiles *better* promos but lately I've only been collecting Airmiles on Blue Fridays and occasionally at Rexall for what I call triple whammy points..lol
I am not happy with Airmiles upping the buy 2x or 3x or 4x the products to get airmiles,,it has become rare to find any airmiles deal with just buy 1 product and get airmiles.:(
I have been lurking over on the PC Optimum thread listening and learning.
I say only buy what you truly need and never buy just to get the Airmiles.
Hugs to you both
Mel

Last edited:

OT, finally done all my strawberry jam for the year. Great crop worth the late start, huge and juicy. We now have enough for the year and for end of year(next) teachers gifts and the odd jar to give out when you want more than a no name gift card.

The jar I got was delicious!!
Thanks again!
I have a recipe that is called *Taste Of Summer* Strawberry Pineapple Jam that I make each year.
Hugs
Mel

I can't believe how late the season is this year! I haven't made any jam yet and have the last jar from 2018 in the fridge. Not as much motivation to actually do it this year since it's slipped onto my "don't eat that" list :sad2:

I can't believe how late the season is this year! I haven't made any jam yet and have the last jar from 2018 in the fridge. Not as much motivation to actually do it this year since it's slipped onto my "don't eat that" list :sad2:
My parents tried a no sugar jam this year. Trying to help dads diabetes. They say its still sweet and good, I havent tried it yet.

I don't normally shop at Rexall, I think today was the 2nd time this year. But needed a quick 40 AM for the dinner at Duncan house on my wife's card (she doesn't even know she has one). So quick jump to the store picked up eggs, chips and pop all on sale and her Disney bday card that I needed anyway. $55 gave me 77am. Now I don't have all the load and go and multiple coupons that you all have, but I will take it. And I understand they post quick so should still be some tickets left.

Aren't you just the "perfect" husband. You plan trips, go to Disney and you make jam. How do we clone you.

I hear you both
I actually went into this promo thinking there is no way I can do 3 shops,,
but
I am always looking for new hoodies,,I got the hunter pine and pink blush --I wear them everyday to work,
https://oldnavy.gapcanada.ca/browse...www.oldnavy.ca/products/hoodies-for-women.jspthen I realized that two of my coworkers keep giving me Indigo gift cards for Christmas so they are getting them from me this year,,Well.ca was easy for me as they had lots to choose from,,they even have snacks and grocery stuff.
I do not think that it is one of airmiles *better* promos but lately I've only been collecting Airmiles on Blue Fridays and occasionally at Rexall for what I call triple whammy points..lol
I am not happy with Airmiles upping the buy 2x or 3x or 4x the products to get airmiles,,it has become rare to find any airmiles deal with just buy 1 product and get airmiles.:(
I have been lurking over on the PC Optimum thread listening and learning.
I say only buy what you truly need and never buy just to get the Airmiles.
Hugs to you both
Mel
It was your post that encouraged me! I decided to do a well.ca to pick up the ocean safe suncreen and produce bags that I've been eyeing. Then I saw that Canada Post is a partner, and bought some stamps. I went with the 10 stamp folders since a) that's what we buy and 2) I can put one in each stocking for the kids at Christmas. [maybe they'll stop taking my stamps] I'll do Amazon tomorrow and I have done 3.

I don't normally shop at Rexall, I think today was the 2nd time this year. But needed a quick 40 AM for the dinner at Duncan house on my wife's card (she doesn't even know she has one). So quick jump to the store picked up eggs, chips and pop all on sale and her Disney bday card that I needed anyway. $55 gave me 77am. Now I don't have all the load and go and multiple coupons that you all have, but I will take it. And I understand they post quick so should still be some tickets left.

Mine usually post at 8:50am the next morning. So likely sometime around then.

Same here. Normally finding something to buy online comes too easily for me. But I feel like I’m struggling to find anything for this offer. I did see a top I liked at Banana Republic - but turns out it isn’t one of the retailers participating 😏

It was your post that encouraged me! I decided to do a well.ca to pick up the ocean safe suncreen and produce bags that I've been eyeing. Then I saw that Canada Post is a partner, and bought some stamps. I went with the 10 stamp folders since a) that's what we buy and 2) I can put one in each stocking for the kids at Christmas. [maybe they'll stop taking my stamps] I'll do Amazon tomorrow and I have done 3.

Keep an close eye on Canada Post. My purchase last year never posted. Hopefully they have their act together this year. Loved the stamps I purchased but the added benefit wasn't there.

Keep an close eye on Canada Post. My purchase last year never posted. Hopefully they have their act together this year. Loved the stamps I purchased but the added benefit wasn't there.
I never did receive my Canada Post AM's either. I gave up on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!