Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Packets of wipes for the plane to de-germ things
Thankfully every time I fly now I meet someone else who de-germs their seat area. I'm not such a weirdo anymore. LOL....last flight I was on the guy that sat beside my DH pulled out some wetnaps and started wiping away. DH looked at him and the guy might have been a little embarrassed but DH says to him "my wife Lysol'd her seat and mine....she's got enough Lysol for the whole plane....want some"

Well I am trying to make up a list of things to fill my Christmas boxes with,,
so far
scented bath salts (mint)
mini Mickey cotton swab tins
toothbrushes on sale for 99 cents
mini travel shampoo and conditioners
travel Advil/Tylenol
lint rollers
Mesh body sponges 2 for $3.00
nail clippers--manicure sets
Nivea and Burt's Bees lip balm 20% off
I have found they seem to like gift cards a lot.
Hugs
Mel

A Christmas question in July, I'm in!!

For adults, correct???

Some things I can recall:

deck of cards (think Disney)
face masks (I buy foot and hand masks for my daughters each year and they usually do them together over Christmas break)
hand sanitizers (I buy scented ones at Bath and Body works when I can get a really good sale combination)
batteries
eos balms
cookie cutters
string lights (home decor, I wait until I find them on clearance)
small kitchen tools (bamboo skewers, paring knife, spaghetti measurer)
lighter (for fireplace, bbq, candles etc.), never pay more than a dollar (Canadian Tire and clearance)
luggage tags
small tools (multiple head screwdriver, Working hands hand cleaner)
socks
locks (for luggage, computer bags, lockers)
usbs (memory stick, cords)
bike pump
tea towels
Tide to go (they barter for these if they don't get one)
Kiwi shoe wipes (great for commuters)
book markers
office supplies (I usually get something during back to school supply sales or clearance example: Blue Jay pens, postit notes)
arts/crafts supplies (I have one that is an artist, she gets paint for Christmas)
nail shine (I think I usually get Revlon's Crazy shine)
magazines (one daughter loves to read them on the treadmill)

I will second the flashlights, hand wipes, nail clippers and lint rollers and small denomination gift cards.

I have a question for my fellow AM collectors...for anyone that signed up for the Shell+Go offer of 1 AM for every litre of gas purchased on July 10, have your AM posted? My receipt shows 55 AM for the gas and 1 AM for my purchase...total AM 56. As of today, only the 1 AM has posted. This is the first time someone that was on my Shell receipt hasn't posted to my account. Thanks in advance.

I have a question for my fellow AM collectors...for anyone that signed up for the Shell+Go offer of 1 AM for every litre of gas purchased on July 10, have your AM posted? My receipt shows 55 AM for the gas and 1 AM for my purchase...total AM 56. As of today, only the 1 AM has posted. This is the first time someone that was on my Shell receipt hasn't posted to my account. Thanks in advance.

I got my usual 10 AM for 25L (personal offer) for my July10 purchase but not the Go+ miles yet (50AM for 25L VPower) which showed on my receipt. The T&C does state the bonus miles could take up to 4 weeks to post. Hopefully it shows up during that time frame.

Mine showed up with a date of July 10 - I got 1 base mile and 48 bonus miles.

Does Lowes ever have free delivery on appliances. I need a new freezer but don't want to pay the $80 to have it delivered. I can afford to wait for a special offer to come up.

Edit to add: Just looked at their flyer. As it turns out there is free delivery on major appliance this weekend.
Yes they do and the service i had when they delivered Owen, my amazing oven, was spectacular! I had it less than 2 days after i ordered it online, they took the dud away free of charge, took all the packaging with them as well. I managed to order it when there was some ridiculous mulitplier going on and snagged 713 miles!

I got my usual 10 AM for 25L (personal offer) for my July10 purchase but not the Go+ miles yet (50AM for 25L VPower) which showed on my receipt. The T&C does state the bonus miles could take up to 4 weeks to post. Hopefully it shows up during that time frame.
Mine showed up with a date of July 10 - I got 1 base mile and 48 bonus miles.

Thank you. Should have read the T&C...will hold onto my receipt...just in case.

Both mine and my husband's miles posted a couple of days later with the correct date of July 10th.

For anyone who was questioning Universal tickets I just got some quotes from Personal Shoppers.

Reward Item: Universal Studios x 2-Park, 2-Day + 3 Days Free Park-to-Park Tickets
2 Adults
Air Miles Quote: 8,575 Miles

and

Reward Item: Universal Orlando
1 Adult 2-Park Preferred Annual Pass
1 Adult 2-Park Power Annual Pass

Air Miles Quote: 11,300 MILES

I'll have to look the offers over on the weekend and see how they look for value. Regardless, they will turn out to be free if I look at it that way but hate to work so hard to get airmiles and throw then away, if you get what I'm saying. I do wish they would bring the tickets back to the AM site though. Only offering one day tickets is not very helpful.

I'll have to look the offers over on the weekend and see how they look for value. Regardless, they will turn out to be free if I look at it that way but hate to work so hard to get airmiles and throw then away, if you get what I'm saying. I do wish they would bring the tickets back to the AM site though. Only offering one day tickets is not very helpful.
Yup...I totally get what you are saying. Even though they are a free bonus for items we have bought and use, I still want to use them to the best of my ability!!! I work hard to collect the items. Scour the flyers, plan out my shopping, make/find the time to fit in the extra shopping into my busy schedule. I'm frugal...and don't want to have to spend those extra airmiles for items that they may or may not get back into stock in the near future.

Reward Item: Universal Studios x 2-Park, 2-Day + 3 Days Free Park-to-Park Tickets
2 Adults

Honestly...that's not a bad price they quoted you...if you ask me. If I remember right...that is surprisingly close to the cost of them when they had them on the site before. Those ones had expired June 30 of July 31. I can't remember the detail.s All I know is that for that particular ticket it was going to cost me around 16,000 AM for our family of four to get tickets into the park for 5 days. Which I thought was a good price.

I'm hoping that Universal will do another promo like that for early 2020. I have already " mentioned " to the hubby that if I'm going to keep working the second job, that maybe we could use some of the fund to take our boys here. I have to plant the seed...and just keep "mentioning " when we go to check out how our rewards on the cards we have are doing lol.

Have fun if you take those tickets!!!!! I'm green with envy that you will be doing it!!!!!

We would only be getting them to convert to Annual Passes anyways so that's why I'll have to look closely. We are there for 8 days, probably enter the parks 7 days if only to do a walk through. If we get one Preferred Pass, which is one of the AP's I requested then we would be able to get the AP room discount as well as the discounts on food and purchases which could really add up. We did this last time and the passes paid for themselves.
I don't see the 2 park plus 3 day online so I can't tell what the value is but for the AP's I requested, one Preferred and one Power, I can see the value of a AM is 8.58 cents, that's using 1.34 as an exchange rate. Since the value of an AM is 9.5 cents (95AM divided by $10) then my 'loss' would be about a penny an AM, $113. Unless I'm doing something wrong which is possible.
Also, being retired staff, my rate today is 1.3085 which brings my value per AM to 8.3857 so I kind of lose a bit more.

Well, again, I'll have to think through the pros and cons. I'm thinking that if I get the AP's now I won't have to worry about trying to exchange them at the parks, which was a bit of a pain last time. That in itself is worth something I guess.

For anyone who was questioning Universal tickets I just got some quotes from Personal Shoppers.

2 Adults

and

I believe the regular tickets would have been cheaper if Air Miles had them as a dream reward again. The last time Air Miles had the 3 park-to-park 3 day tickets they were 4,050 each. I expected Air Miles to increase them to 4,300 miles but no more than 4,500 each when they brought them back. Only they never did bring them back... My recent quote for those tickets was 21,750 for 4 tickets = 5,437.50 miles each. The air mile cash value is now $200 more than if paid CAN cash.

The last promo was "3 PTP buy 2 days get 2 days free", which was suppose to end May 31 and was extended through June. Air Miles was charging 3,975 per ticket which would be 7,950 miles for 2 tickets. Looks like through the PS program you are paying an extra 625 miles for 1 less park.

For the current promo (I choose 3 parks instead of 2 parks) "3 PTP buy 2 days get 3 days free" I paid 22,550 miles for 4 tickets = 5,637.5 each ticket. So I paid an extra 1,350 miles per ticket for the 3rd park compared to your 2 park ticket. If I'm doing the math correctly I feel Air Miles, through the Personal Shopper program anyways, is charging more than the tickets are worth. 22,550 miles / 95 cash miles * $10 cash value = $2,374 rounded up. The cost of the same tickets, converted to CAN funds is $1,931.88 (as of today). A difference of $442.

However, it is saving a huge chunk of money by being able to get them through the Personal Shopper program versus paying out-of-pocket so I am grateful. It's still worth it to me to get attraction tickets using Air Miles.

2 Adults

and

For your reference, the Universal 2 Park, 2+2 days free Park to Park adult tickets (expiry May 31/19) cost me 3,250 AM each when I redeemed back in Dec2018.

The 2+3 free were not offered on the AM site at the time I redeemed, I think Universal also extended the expiry to June 30th later on.

For stockings, we usually put lottery scratchy tickets like bingo or something. Oh, and a tradition for us no matter how old, a Lego minifigure. It's always a surprise who gets what and there's a half-hour of negotiating/trading after we open them. And we always put a new book to read. Get them hooked early!

I love Lego minifigures, there’s a cute Space satellite set with an astronaut minifigure - free with $40 purchase. So cute! https://shop.lego.com/en-CA/page/le...38928071&RMID=VIP_2019_07_18_GWP_NA_CitySpace

For stockings, last year I got everyone Lego minifigure keychains.

I also like to give the $10 Christmas Lottery Pack, it comes with about 5-6 scratch tickets including a Bingo and a Cash for Life. You need to buy these when you see them out, as they sell out early.

There are so many possibilities for gift cards out there, I always like to tuck in a few gift cards as well.

2 Adults

and

I'm a little confused, your first quote is for next year or Christmas I assume??? The first ones are on airmiles' website expiring Dec 20 2019. Or I'm missing something lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter