Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I got another email today from the personal shopper saying that they were all set to make my ticket purchase they just needed the name of the person that would be picking up the tickets. Um what? If I get will call tickets I'll be disappointed of not having that extra couple of days to try and get some FP but it is what it is.
We paid extra to have the tickets mailed to us but if you are tight in time, it’s better to pick up the tickets there. Is it possible to get the ticket numbers to link to your account?

Have a magical trip! I love MNSSHP!

I got another email today from the personal shopper saying that they were all set to make my ticket purchase they just needed the name of the person that would be picking up the tickets. Um what? If I get will call tickets I'll be disappointed of not having that extra couple of days to try and get some FP but it is what it is.

Yeah they said the same thing to me, I'm not sure why. I got them in an email 40 minutes after I replied, so...

even though you'll be getting the tickets via email, they're still considered "will call" you'll possibly need to show the email when you get to Disney but the tickets will let you make any FP.
that's how my ticket worked, they asked for the name I wanted it attached to. This was in the email from Disney The ticket is in my Disney account ready to go
Screenshot_20190822-181948_Email.jpg

***ETA mine is a park hopper not a party ticket but I'm fairly sure it will be the same for yours

Yeah they said the same thing to me, I'm not sure why. I got them in an email 40 minutes after I replied, so...
I remember it’s not necessary to get the physical tickets sent out to us as we also receive etickets to link to our accounts. I just wanted the hard tickets as souvenirs. So you are right about getting the tickets digitally.

We paid extra to have the tickets mailed to us but if you are tight in time, it’s better to pick up the tickets there. Is it possible to get the ticket numbers to link to your account?

Have a magical trip! I love MNSSHP!
even though you'll be getting the tickets via email, they're still considered "will call" you'll possibly need to show the email when you get to Disney but the tickets will let you make any FP.
that's how my ticket worked, they asked for the name I wanted it attached to. This was in the email from Disney The ticket is in my Disney account ready to go
View attachment 428279

***ETA mine is a park hopper not a party ticket but I'm fairly sure it will be the same for yours
I was hoping to get the email confirmation right after I replied with my name but nothing yet. However, about an hour after I replied they deducted the miles from my account. So.....I'm getting closer.

Donald...you bring to mind that I've bought party tickets from the WDW website a few times before and they have always been listed as 'will call' but never once have I done anything other than tap my magicband and in I go. Granted I am not making this purchase but if I get a ticket number to load to MDE it should be the same. I'll be prepared with a printout anyway....cuz I'm still old school on that sort of thing and like things on paper.

I'm gonna go and check my email again for about the 8th time since they asked for the name for the tickets. :rolleyes1

I was hoping to get the email confirmation right after I replied with my name but nothing yet. However, about an hour after I replied they deducted the miles from my account. So.....I'm getting closer.

Donald...you bring to mind that I've bought party tickets from the WDW website a few times before and they have always been listed as 'will call' but never once have I done anything other than tap my magicband and in I go. Granted I am not making this purchase but if I get a ticket number to load to MDE it should be the same. I'll be prepared with a printout anyway....cuz I'm still old school on that sort of thing and like things on paper.

I'm gonna go and check my email again for about the 8th time since they asked for the name for the tickets. :rolleyes1
I just had the same thing today. I got the email about the name of the person to pick it up at will call. When I got the confirmation email for the tickets, I was able to use the confirmation number and add it to My Disney Experience under tickets. Then I could link it to each member who the tickets are for. So now it will be linked to our magic bands.

it won't show up until business hours, that was my experience anyway. Hope you didn't keep refreshing your email into the wee hours of the night!

it won't show up until business hours, that was my experience anyway. Hope you didn't keep refreshing your email into the wee hours of the night!
LOL....I most certainly did! Until about 11pm. Would you say I’m a tad excited? Actually I was working my rental car angles. It was worth the work though I got my rental down from $225 to $150. Still don’t have a hotel booked but I’m keeping a very close eye on Hotwire and Priceline to see if any WDW resorts are added now that the 5 day cancellation deadline is approaching for my dates. They did add AoA last night but it’s still too high. It might be a suite but if I’m going to pay $226/night I want a deluxe.

LOL....I most certainly did! Until about 11pm. Would you say I’m a tad excited? Actually I was working my rental car angles. It was worth the work though I got my rental down from $225 to $150. Still don’t have a hotel booked but I’m keeping a very close eye on Hotwire and Priceline to see if any WDW resorts are added now that the 5 day cancellation deadline is approaching for my dates. They did add AoA last night but it’s still too high. It might be a suite but if I’m going to pay $226/night I want a deluxe.

Omg 226 lol you don’t know what I paid for nov/dec direct for he two resorts we are at . I may need to shop around a little lol

I took the leap this am and ordered tickets for MVMCP.. I gave them two names to attach if needed and will order the others tonight from DVC./ and we have gift cards so the party will be free. Our two Disney nights are paid and our airfare is paid the three nights in Tampa are under my divorce agreement so the trip is pretty much paid . If the big kid does play in that tourney in Tampa he gets $1000 towards his trip so that will cover groceries maybe Busch gardens etc
I need a break already

Omg 226 lol you don’t know what I paid for nov/dec direct for he two resorts we are at . I may need to shop around a little lol
If you have the time, doing the work to figure out opaque booking from Hotwire and Priceline are well worth it. Last year I got POFQ for $91/night. I was hoping for the same/similar this year but I think SWGE opening the day we arrive is going against me. This past Christmas when we were deciding on a trip from the 24/25th through 31st I found AKL for $225.

@bababear_50 I’m jealous you are almost done your shopping! I don’t usually start until Sept/Oct once school and new activities get paid for.
As the kids get to be adults, my don't really want/need much except gift cards. I send out an email in September for them to give me: Something you want, Something you need, Something to wear (with sizes, please), and Something to read, also: Gift Cards you'll use. I ask for a few things in each section so that I can choose, they get what they want, and it is still a surprise. Since we are going to be away in October, I should get on that. ;)

As the kids get to be adults, my don't really want/need much except gift cards. I send out an email in September for them to give me: Something you want, Something you need, Something to wear (with sizes, please), and Something to read, also: Gift Cards you'll use. I ask for a few things in each section so that I can choose, they get what they want, and it is still a surprise. Since we are going to be away in October, I should get on that. ;)

That is a great idea,,,I have so often bought things they don't want and do not want to spend the holidays returning things. Most of their stuff is stocking stuffers,and Gift Cards and like you I always ask them their top 5 favourite gift cards.
There is a small chance that we (school employee) could be out on strike this year so I am also trying to plan ahead. Fingers crossed we stay in class. The child in me wants to just book a fall vacation ,but if we do go out then I know I will be expected to do some strike duties.
Hugs
Mel

Love that Rexall coupon J!

So I went to Sobeys this morning...who cuts their staff to two cashiers,,both on express???
My apologies for holding people up in the line but I do not make staffing rules.
Cashier rang all 4 Gift cards in together and then had to delete the transaction,,which she wasn't sure how to do... I apologised but I am not waiting 120 days to file for the points.
So she rang them in separately and I got 70 bonus airmiles for each card.
38 shop bonus miles + 280= 318 airmiles.
Once these post next week I am switching over to cash airmiles,,(that is if I don't spend any of my dream airmiles and save them for a new computer when this one decides to die).Must have self control.lol.
Christmas shopping is all done for 90% of the family,,just my granddaughter left and I figure between now and Christmas I'll see lots that I can get her.(Being the only grandchild has its advantages).:cutie:
Can you tell I hate shopping in the winter time.lol

Hugs
Mel
Uggg, I bought $100 worth of cards and they didn’t show up. Customer service said that they will show up later after the week that they are offered. Any way for me to go back and ask them to re-do? Or do I really need to wait 120 days :scared:

Uggg, I bought $100 worth of cards and they didn’t show up. Customer service said that they will show up later after the week that they are offered. Any way for me to go back and ask them to re-do? Or do I really need to wait 120 days :scared:

Hi
Your 2x$50.00 or 4x 25.00 should have shown up on your receipt for 140 airmiles?
If they do not post (as in your airmiles account) by next week I would contact Airmiles via telephone or online chat.
Unfortunately once a Gift card is paid for it can not be cancelled and redone this is why I cancelled my order/purchase before paying.
Was this at Foodland or Sobeys?

Mel

@hdrolfe ....if I remember right, your leaving today or soon. Have a great get away!!!! I'm a little green with envy...and would love to be a stow away in your luggage. I hope the get away is what you and your kido need

@dancin Disney style I'm hoping that one day I can convince the hubby to do a trip on the fly like you are!!!! What a great little getaway for you too!!!!! I'm taking lessons from you ;) :idea: to stalk out prices and just go last minute. Love that!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter