Airmiles Armchair Chatter

My experience at Shell
I bought a 25.00 Lottery card ,,actually did 4 of them in separate transactions,,each receipt posted 22 airmiles,,,this was on my son's card.
Next I tried one $25.00 Lottery card on my Airmiles card--NO GO....apparently I've already hit my limit by buying the Amazon cards in Aug.....................

Hugs
Mel

I want to give a huge thanks to everyone who has been on the ball today and answered all the questions that have popped up, I've been following along and doing my best to keep up.
I think the only one that slipped past without an answer is @Aliciahere wondering if the 2 offers for Shell gift cards are different or not -- one in the App and one in the Round Up promo. I'm thinking the answer is no, even though the app will tell you it's "loaded to card" the offers from Shell never need to be loaded & *MOST* don't need coupons (the exception to this is during Shop the Block and Mega Miles when you need to use coupons to actually earn miles) The wording "can be combined with other bonus offers" means you could also buy any of the other offers at the same time and get the miles for BOTH (currently things like 3 red bulls gets you 20 miles)

I'm more confused than when I first started this chat:faint::faint:
My conclusion is Shell is not going to honour the overlapping two promos...Just My Honest Opinion.

Live Chat
Thanks for contacting AIR MILES. A representative will be with you shortly.3:23 PM
STEPHEN Connected3:25 PM

STEPHENHello Melanie. How can I help?3:25 PM
MELANIE Hi
In the month of Aug I purchased a few 50 gift cards from Shell,,,,,,,Now with the new roundup promo Shell is offering gift cards at 20 airmiles per gift card purchase max 100$ per collector card. Question are they two separate promotions or one?
Today I only got 2 airmiles when I should have gotten 22/
3:27 PM
STEPHENOkay. kindly give me a moment while I look up the specific details of that promotion.3:28 PM
MELANIE I think the issue is that they are either promos going on at the same time and you can only get airmiles from one or are the two promos separate and you can earn 100 airmiles from both.3:29 PM

STEPHENI don't seem to have the details on that specific promo.3:30 PM
MELANIE one moment please3:30 PM

STEPHENThere are a number of Shell promotions on right now. In the promotional Ts&Cs it will stipulate if you can combine separate promotions.3:31 PM
MELANIE https://roundupcontest.airmiles.ca/en/partner_offers
https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists/loyalty-and-payment/air-miles/every-day-air-miles.html
3:32 PM

STEPHENThank you.
Hi Melanie, thank you for sharing that.
Yes it can be combined with other bonus offers.
This is part of the Round Up Promotion and if you purchase the stated Gift Cards in that offer you will get 20 bonus miles.
In addition, if you made an in store purchase of their select products, then you will also get the miles for that.
3:35 PM

MELANIE so is it not posting because I've reached my limit of 100 bonus airmiles from the Aug gift card purchase,,and I will not be able to do the Roundup offer at Shell?3:35 PM

STEPHENNo. Bonus miles are posted later.3:36 PM
MELANIE I'm am sorry if I am not explaining it right3:36 PM

STEPHEN What you should be seeing on your Account first the the base miles earned from Shell. The bonus miles will be posted after.3:36 PM
MELANIE But they were posted today on my sons airmiles card (5x 25.00 Lottery Gift Cards ) 5 seperate transactions all reciepts showed 22 airmiles.3:37 PM

STEPHEN So I do see you shopped at Shell on August 4th and earned 1 base which I suspect was for gas.
Then you earned 5 base for in-store transaction
3:37 PM

MELANIE All airmiles for Shell are always posted on the customer's receipt 3:38 PM

STEPHEN And then you earned 10 bonus for one product and another 10 for another product.
While you son might have got miles posted to his Account, I can't really speak to that without having access to his Account and seeing what happened there.
3:39 PM

MELANIE why those products are posting as 10 is beyond me as the promo is buy 3 coke products get 20 bonus airmiles.3:39 PM

STEPHEN Here's what I am seeing: SHL3 SHELL CANADA 19N07031 10 MILES WITH ANY 2 COKES 391E 25253:39 PM
MELANIE I am saying the correct amount of airmiles should be posting on the receipt and they are not3:40 PM
STEPHEN Actually looks like you got the 20. I am seeing a note where Shell might have made a posting error and corrected it.3:40 PM
MELANIE Get 20 AIR MILES Bonus Miles when you purchase 3 participating Coca-Cola products3:40 PM

STEPHEN The details on the receipt would be a question for Shell.
Yes, you got the 20 bonus miles for the 3 Cokes
3:41 PM

MELANIE Shell people say its airmiles
so you can or can not do both promos for a total of 200 airmiles per collector account?
3:42 PM
STEPHENI am not sure I am understanding your last question.3:42 PM
MELANIE each promo says 100 airmiles per collector account however the two promos are overlapping so can a person do both promos or only one promo 3:43 PM

STEPHEN Okay, now I got it. You are participating in the Round Up Promotion (August 6- September 1). Specific to the Shell Gift Card offer where you get 20 bonus for the purchase of the specified Gift Cards, you can get up to a maximum of 100 bonus miles for this offer.
That is separate from the other Shell in-store offers.
Allow me to give you an example that I believe will help.
3:45 PM

MELANIE Yes BUT because I bought Shell gift cards in July I am now not getting airmiles for the roundup contest 3:46 PM

STEPHEN August 7th, Melanie, purchases a $50 Home Outfitters Gift Card. You will get 20 bonus miles for that purchase. But you also purchased 2 snacks . You will get 10 bonus miles. That's a total of 30 miles.3:47 PM
MELANIE MCINALLYok3:47 PM

STEPHENThe July purchases have nothing to do with this promotion.3:47 PM
MELANIE They are blocking me from getting airmiles is what I am saying
I tried today and would have bought more but only got two airmiles instead of 22
3:49 PM

STEPHEN Okay. What was your spend today?
Kindly give me specifics. What did you purchase How much did you spend
3:49 PM

MELANIE I bought 1x $25.00 Lottery Gift card3:50 PM

STEPHEN Okay so $25 or $50 on OLG will get your 20 bonus miles.3:52 PM
MELANIE I guess I am trying to give you a heads up that the two promos are overlapping and many people are going to be disappointed as the proper airmiles are not posting 3:53 PM

STEPHEN What you are seeing on the receipt is the base miles of 2
Their base offer is 1/$10
3:53 PM

MELANIE I chat online with many people that are airmiles customers and I don't want any of them to get wrong information 3:53 PM

STEPHENOkay, so here's the deal.3:53 PM
MELANIE I see 2 airmiles posted only3:54 PM

STEPHEN With your purchase today you will get 2 base miles from Shell.
As part of the Round Up Promotion you will get 20 bonus miles for the purchase of the OLG Gift Card.
Yes?
3:54 PM

MELANI yes3:54 PM

STEPHEN The bonus miles will not necessary show on the receipt.
Shell handles their receipts and can only print their own information on it.
As the Round Up Promotion is a Nation Wide Promotion, the Bonus miles will be posted to Accounts later.
In fact, the 2 miles have not yet been posted to your Account from Shell.
3:56 PM

MELANIE so are you saying hold they receipt until end of promotion and the 20 airmiles per gift card up to 100 per collector will be honoured?3:56 PM

STEPHEN What I always encourage my Collectors to do is to keep their receipts.
Yes.
3:56 PM

Last edited:
Last edited:

I'm thinking you managed to connect with a "by the books and only share what i see as official policy" customer dis-service agent @bababear_50 I agree that he didn't make things any clearer than they were before you started!!! I don't know the answer but I know I wouldn't be buying any extra gift cards with the hopes that in 4 weeks I'd see 20 miles post to my account.

It's so frustrating when they can't get these promos clear within their own staff before they go live :headache:

I'm thinking you managed to connect with a "by the books and only share what i see as official policy" customer dis-service agent @bababear_50 I agree that he didn't make things any clearer than they were before you started!!! I don't know the answer but I know I wouldn't be buying any extra gift cards with the hopes that in 4 weeks I'd see 20 miles post to my account.

It's so frustrating when they can't get these promos clear within their own staff before they go live :headache:

I just took a backyard break and said to my son Jacqueline will makes sense of this,,,thanks Hon,,
I think he is saying that yes you can do both In Store Promo and Roundup Prom BUT the 20 Roundup promo bonus miles won't be posted until a later date and yeah I'm not interested in chasing them down.
Hugs
Mel

My experience at Shell
I bought a 25.00 Lottery card ,,actually did 4 of them in separate transactions,,each receipt posted 22 airmiles,,,this was on my son's card.
Next I tried one $25.00 Lottery card on my Airmiles card--NO GO....apparently I've already hit my limit by buying the Amazon cards in Aug.....................

Hugs
Mel

Thanks for taking one for the team. I read through that long chat. Can't believe you were patient that long. Shell has with past promotions been able to post the correct amount to a receipt (think Mega Miles in March). Lots of people reported not getting the AM on their receipt during that promotion and I'm not sure if any of them ever saw their missing AM or not. Like Donald said, I wish they would get their promos cleared up (both Shell and Airmiles). It's too difficult to know what to do otherwise, but maybe that's the way they want it

Well I did the Shell gift card offer this morning, seemed to work for me, at least. I'll probably pick up a Sobeys gift card, and I'll hit the BMO limit mostly between shell gas/gift card and Sobeys, so I'll have 3. Not going out of my way to get another two on this one. I agree that this promo isn't the best, I'm disappointed.

I'm waiting on reports from people using Sobey's gift cards to get other gift cards -- mainly interested in anyone brave enough to be either doing a straight up swap or having the gift card be worth more than your groceries :rolleyes1

Well I did the Shell gift card offer this morning, seemed to work for me, at least. I'll probably pick up a Sobeys gift card, and I'll hit the BMO limit mostly between shell gas/gift card and Sobeys, so I'll have 3. Not going out of my way to get another two on this one. I agree that this promo isn't the best, I'm disappointed.
Was this your first attempt at the Shell gift cards? If so I think it might confirm my suspicion that it's the same offer even though there are different dates. It doesn't make sense that Shell would be giving more bonus miles related to the Round Up when there's no actual coupon for them to scan & track 🤔

Ok I was waiting for everyone to post about the Sobeys gift cards and when no one did I went shopping.

I bought 1x $200.00 Gift card,,scanned the coupon on my phone got the 100 airmiles.

Went shopping,,3 targeted offers,bacon=8 airmiles, Prime chicken=15 airmiles, Hagen Daz ice cream= 10 airmiles,=total 33 Airmiles.
threw in 2x $50.00 Shell gas cards,,(no issues),,paid using $200.00 gift card no issues.

Hugs Mel

I'm waiting on reports from people using Sobey's gift cards to get other gift cards -- mainly interested in anyone brave enough to be either doing a straight up swap or having the gift card be worth more than your groceries :rolleyes1

Ok I was waiting for everyone to post about the Sobeys gift cards and when no one did I went shopping.

I bought 1x $200.00 Gift card,,scanned the coupon on my phone got the 100 airmiles.

Went shopping,,3 targeted offers,bacon=8 airmiles, Prime chicken=15 airmiles, Hagen Daz ice cream= 10 airmiles,=total 33 Airmiles.
threw in 2x $50.00 Shell gas cards,,(no issues),,paid using $200.00 gift card no issues.

Hugs Mel

I will be doing this as well but not until this afternoon. I have a friend coming over in the next hour needing help checking in for her daughter's flight. I'm glad to hear it worked for you Mel.

Hugs Mel

I went shopping for GC with DH (which is why I'm posting later than usual). I needed him to use his CC for the BMO offer with Round-up

We purchased GC at Sobeys first 3GC on his account 2GC on mine, no issues. AM on receipt. Then we went to Foodland 1GC on each account. Marketing promo 6 showing on receipt but no AM. I know Foodland will make good on the AM if they don't show up next week. Pins and needles until then. I shopped at both stores because I figured if I'm doing this promotions might as well go all in and do 5 partners to get 3 entries.

With some afterthought on my way home I realized Sobeys would have to check to make sure I didn't do all 5 GC transactions at Sobeys before they could decide if they were going to award me the AM for the Foodland purchase.

Side note: Foodland GC does not mention it is good at FreshCo. I can't remember if the old ones did. I know their website says they can be used at FreshCo and I have used them there. Don't know if this is something new or just an oversight when printing the cards.

I went to Foodland this afternoon. First I checked to make sure they had Shell gift cards. Lately they either do not or just put a few out.

I purchased 3 grocery gift cards on my Air Miles card. Then put down groceries and all 9 - $25 Shell gift cards Foodland had on their rack on the belt. I paid using the grocery gift cards without any problem.

After I put the groceries, gift cards and receipts in the car, I came back in and asked Customer Service if they had Shell gift cards behind the counter or in the office. I showed them the rack was empty. I was told no. Honestly, I feel they did have more but just said no because who was the crazy lady buying all the Shell gift cards. :rolleyes:

I still have $375 in grocery cards and $225 in Shell cards. Tomorrow I will hit up both Sobey's and see if I can get another $300 at least in Shell gift cards. If I can, then I'll purchase 2 more grocery gift cards on my Air Miles card (that will be 5) and keep them for groceries.

Got an Airmiles/Sobeys offer:

You're simply the best, better than all the rest!
Thanks for being a great customer; here's a special bonus offer just for you!​

How it works:
1. Activate your offer now
2. Get 40 Bonus Miles for every $40 or more you spend in a single transaction by September 7, 2019.
3. Use this offer up to 3 times.

Not sure I'll be able to do it 3 times though, we will be gone from Aug 24 to 31. Once or twice though I think. Means shopping at Sobeys instead of Freshco. But I could use some airmiles lol. Had to opt in.

For those of you waiting for a Blue Friday I bet it will be on Aug 23 since I won't be able to do it :) Seems to be my track record for these lol.

I went to Foodland this afternoon. First I checked to make sure they had Shell gift cards. Lately they either do not or just put a few out.

I purchased 3 grocery gift cards on my Air Miles card. Then put down groceries and all 9 - $25 Shell gift cards Foodland had on their rack on the belt. I paid using the grocery gift cards without any problem.

After I put the groceries, gift cards and receipts in the car, I came back in and asked Customer Service if they had Shell gift cards behind the counter or in the office. I showed them the rack was empty. I was told no. Honestly, I feel they did have more but just said no because who was the crazy lady buying all the Shell gift cards. :rolleyes:

I still have $375 in grocery cards and $225 in Shell cards. Tomorrow I will hit up both Sobey's and see if I can get another $300 at least in Shell gift cards. If I can, then I'll purchase 2 more grocery gift cards on my Air Miles card (that will be 5) and keep them for groceries.

Did the AM show on your receipt when you purchased the Foodland GC?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!