Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So I responded to onyx personal shopper email telling them to order.. how long before I hear anything ? Airmiles all still in my account no email back etc ..
I’m being paranoid but I need to order three more and I’m scared what if they sell out.. know if won’t but the way my luck is lately everything giving me huge anxiety

So I responded to onyx personal shopper email telling them to order.. how long before I hear anything ? Airmiles all still in my account no email back etc ..
I’m being paranoid but I need to order three more and I’m scared what if they sell out.. know if won’t but the way my luck is lately everything giving me huge anxiety
my my timeline was:
  1. I submitted my request thru Facebook messenger on Canada Day
  2. email back from Airmiles with the quote on July 3rd
  3. miles removed July 5th
  4. had ticket in my MDE account july 9th

I finally did a decent score on AM at Safeway. I had a personal offer of spend 75 get 70 AM ( instead of my usual 35 AM ) I maximized that with a couple of other Am offers they had in store ( hello ice cream treats :mickeybar) and another personal offer. I snagged 101 Am for 74.00 and change. I'm not holding my breath about another personal offer like that in the future. Crossing my fingers for a Blue Friday this weekend - and maybe some good deals on back to school snacks. Then I won't have to try to beat allll the back to school grocery shoppers over the weekend.

Okay rant time :mic:- I went to Shell on Friday to buy a Lotto gift card to earn my bonus airmiles. I was then going to buy my lottery tickets with said gift card so I bought the gift card and got it activated and paid for then did my lottery tickets. I went to pay with said gift card and the clerk said on no you have to use that at the lottery machine not the cash so it is too late. I was confused and went well I guess I have to pay for my lottery tickets now - I am lucky that I have lots of cash miles so I used those to buy my lottery tickets. I came home and searched OLG website and lo and behold you cannot use lotto gift cards at Shell, Petro Canada or Shoppers Drug Mart. :furious: So I guess I will be using my gift card at my local Variety store or Sobeys to buy my lottery. Why isn't there a sign in the Shell that says lotto cards can't be used here. Okay rant over. At least my miles have posted already.

I know someone suggested that I try David’s vacation rentals to get my room for this weekend. I’ve looked back and can’t find who it was. What I wanted to know was the $119 fee that you pay when you submit the request....does that come off the total or is that in addition to the cost of the room?

Yes....I still have not booked a room for Thursday

So, we went grocery shopping at Safeway yesterday, and of course the Gap/Old Navy for every $50 loaded on their gift card, receive 70 air miles didn't work. I loaded $100 and received 70 instead of 140. So off to customer service I went, and the new(ish) store manager helped me and fixed the missing air miles. I asked if next Friday was going to be a Blue Friday (I *may* have whined a bit about not having a Blue Friday since July 5). He said "YES!" and proceeded to give me the Blue Friday flyer!!

SO, since I have no clue how to post pictures on here, if someone wants to dm me their cell number and I can send the pictures of the west Blue Friday flyer to post, that would be great. Otherwise, I could type out the list of items out west, but that may take a bit.

I know someone suggested that I try David’s vacation rentals to get my room for this weekend. I’ve looked back and can’t find who it was. What I wanted to know was the $119 fee that you pay when you submit the request....does that come off the total or is that in addition to the cost of the room?

It would come off your total if they can secure a room for you , otherwise they refund it.

my my timeline was:
  1. I submitted my request thru Facebook messenger on Canada Day
  2. email back from Airmiles with the quote on July 3rd
  3. miles removed July 5th
  4. had ticket in my MDE account july 9th
Perfect thank you . I asked them to order in Friday so hopefully soon. I went ahead and bought the other 3 tickets . Part of kids Christmas present. Done.. now on to think about fastpasses ..

I still don't have my party tickets yet. I'm not all that worried YET, although the party is this Friday. They took the miles out of my account this past Thursday so using @Donald - my hero math I should see something today. All the email interaction I've had with them has been late in the afternoon. Now waiting and refreshing my email about every 10 minutes...while I work on my hotel options.

*******I'm laughing at your above post because i was working on THIS!
Because i LOVE planning trips, even if they're not MINE, i couldn't resist to look for rooms for you. First I scanned thru the thread to get your dates :Aug 28 - Sept 3rd. Then i looked at the prices you've mentioned, ranging from $555 for B Resort (but you need to add resort fees & transport to and from MCO) up to $1310 for deluxe resorts.

I stumbled across a code on Hotel .com that will give you and extra 15% off all of the rates at any non "chain" hotels and that covers the Disney hotels. I priced out two of ones you mentioned and found the following rates (ALL in CDN funds and you need to pay upfront BTW and include all taxes & fees)

CSR - standard room $1604.58

B Resort - $717.61 -- they estimate total of $916.88 once resort fees are added
SO not much (or even any) cheaper than what you mentioned earlier :(

*******I'm laughing at your above post because i was working on THIS!
Because i LOVE planning trips, even if they're not MINE, i couldn't resist to look for rooms for you. First I scanned thru the thread to get your dates :Aug 28 - Sept 3rd. Then i looked at the prices you've mentioned, ranging from $555 for B Resort (but you need to add resort fees & transport to and from MCO) up to $1310 for deluxe resorts.

I stumbled across a code on Hotel .com that will give you and extra 15% off all of the rates at any non "chain" hotels and that covers the Disney hotels. I priced out two of ones you mentioned and found the following rates (ALL in CDN funds and you need to pay upfront BTW and include all taxes & fees)

CSR - standard room $1604.58

B Resort - $717.61 -- they estimate total of $916.88 once resort fees are added
SO not much (or even any) cheaper than what you mentioned earlier :(

I legit just LOL'd. I was just on the phone with the 'special' Disney travel agent. She quoted me $960 for CSR but I'm not crazy about that resort. Last time we stayed there it felt like all we did was walk....it was a hike to get just about everywhere. I was also quoted $1310 for WL. We've never stayed deluxe before because it's always been more money than I'm willing to spend. Right at this moment if she calls me back and says it's available I think I might take it. Tell me if I'm crazy....my thought process is that I don't know when I'm going to get another vacay. Should I splurge????

Yup that's me too! Except replace the weeding with tackling my desk, the dishwasher with a sink full of dishes that NEED to be done before i can tackle the first stage of dinner, and laundry with finishing the yogurt I started before bed last night!

I instead have been planning a trip I'm not even taking (@dancin Disney style --- OMG YES take the plunge and go with the Deluxe, it's so worth it when it's hot and you'll be wanting to spend time at the resort & in the pool), reading thru this thread to see if i can figure out when the last Double-dip Wednesday was at Rexall (it was July 31st, so possible!) studying my ADR's and rearranging them yet again (My email is full of dining changes :rolleyes1)

I sure hope the Rexall works out this week, I need a ton of stuff!

I'm doing it

Image result for shhhh

Yes it comes off, but to get a room for Thursday from Daves, is next to impossible. Sorry. Best is check Disney direct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!