Airmiles Armchair Chatter

It is hard to belong but I do get heads up about some local deals, however I do find that our little AM family is the BEST!!!!! I posted that she was incorrect and quoted Robo's post about only being allowed to apply one media ticket...the lady posted that she is embarrassed and has now used 6000 AM that she cannot apply towards her AP...you are correct, the information is out there to be found.

whoa what an experience. even around these parts there are lots of people with big opinions that’s not exactly backed up by truth... luckily in our little canadian corner, it’s rarer.

i still have a set of tickets from the first canadian promo, maybe 4 years ago? it’s going to feel almost bittersweet to use them...that’s when i joined the community here and started collecting miles with some focus. air miles really help offset the cost of a disney trip...if used correctly.

I have been carrying around my phone all day, constantly refreshing the page, hitting reload on the surface repeatedly the last 2 hours .... it finally happened! @marchingstar you have the honour of the making the first post on the 1000th page of this mighty thread! AND OMG, it couldn't have been more perfect, you summed up our group easily, a happy community that works towards getting each other to Disney for less! I had no idea that a tiny ad i spied in a Rexall flyer, almost 5 years ago would land us here. We've been through a lot together, moves, marriages, new babes, & numerous trips south. We've redeemed for a wide variety of things from movie tickets to celebrity cooking events, concerts to spa weekends, suitcases to Max the mighty mixer, rental cars to hotels, flights and cruises and more than our fair share of Disney & Universal tickets. I've enjoyed the ride and I'm ready for more, happy to have you all join me!!

It is hard to belong but I do get heads up about some local deals, however I do find that our little AM family is the BEST!!!!! I posted that she was incorrect and quoted Robo's post about only being allowed to apply one media ticket...the lady posted that she is embarrassed and has now used 6000 AM that she cannot apply towards her AP...you are correct, the information is out there to be found.

Sigh, seriously. Why do people not pick up the phone and call Disney to be sure? And heaven help her if she's got tickets that expire...what a mess. That's a ton of AM to dump for no reason other than bad information.

At least if Disney gives you bad information, they'll usually make it right. If Airmiles or "some person on facebook" gives you bad information, Disney has no responsibility to fix that.

I have been carrying around my phone all day, constantly refreshing the page, hitting reload on the surface repeatedly the last 2 hours .... it finally happened! @marchingstar you have the honour of the making the first post on the 1000th page of this mighty thread! AND OMG, it couldn't have been more perfect, you summed up our group easily, a happy community that works towards getting each other to Disney for less! I had no idea that a tiny ad i spied in a Rexall flyer, almost 5 years ago would land us here. We've been through a lot together, moves, marriages, new babes, & numerous trips south. We've redeemed for a wide variety of things from movie tickets to celebrity cooking events, concerts to spa weekends, suitcases to Max the mighty mixer, rental cars to hotels, flights and cruises and more than our fair share of Disney & Universal tickets. I've enjoyed the ride and I'm ready for more, happy to have you all join me!!

View attachment 416515
Congrats marchingstar!!!!

Thank you Jacqueline for everything you do...I know that when we are at WDW(or anywhere for that matter) whenever I see Donald Duck...I think of you and give a thanks for all your assistance in getting us to our goals...I never would have imagined I would year after year be ONYX and collect over 6000 AM a year...

Check the bottom and the top of Your last 31 days listing. Mine are routinely split up these days.

Ever since the update on Canada Day weekend postings to my account have not been "normal". Recent posts show up in the total but not in the body of the transactions. The transaction showed up 3 hours after my total changed. Posts get split between the top and the bottom of the "last 31 days" listing. I contacted Airmiles last week about this and was told they are working on correcting the issue (still working on it I guess). I would be interested to hear what they tell you the issue is and when they plan on solving it.

You are so right!!!! Thank you so much!!! The "missing" 50 airmiles is at the bottom of the transaction page, I completely missed it. I also found the 3 airmiles I was missing from Sobeys from Blue Friday (bottom of another account) and 100 airmiles from Shell I was waiting for on another account!

So anyone else missing airmiles, as @ottawamom suggests, check the bottom of the first page of your transactions.

Here is mine, Rexall July 10 shop split as first and last transaction:

View attachment 416515

thank you for everything you do to keep this group going, The Duck :donald:

no way would my air miles account be half as healthy without all the suggestions and sleuthing. and everyone here really is the best—we’ve gotten through some highs and lows together. sometimes an anonymous online forum is exactly the place to celebrate and air grievances.

here’s to 1000 more!

Sorta O/T...does anyone here belong to the Canadian AM FB group...if so, did you see the post today of a lady who was so excited because she redeemed her AM for a 7 day WDW flex ticket and a 5 day WDW flex ticket and is applying them both towards her AP so her AP will be free. When people asked if Disney allowed this, she replied yes because they applied their 5 day ticket last year towards the AP and since Disney applies the "value" of the ticket towards the AP, she said she had enough now to get her AP. I really wish Disney did allow this, but sadly they don't...According to a thread by Robo (who I believe works in ticketing) on the Theme Park thread ...you can only apply the "value" of ONE ticket towards another. I wish people wouldn't give others incorrect information.
LOL.....I saw that too and I had the fingers hovering on the keys, I was going to reply but most of the time I get shut down and told I'm wrong. They are quite the bunch of know it alls but in actual fact they don't know much. I think I only stay in that group for the entertainment value.

Robo might be a CM but he's not the ticketing CM. That thread was started by a guy who was a long time, upper level ticketing CM but he passed away a couple of years ago and Robo took over the thread. Kind of funny.....people seem to think that he's the greatest but he has a pretty nasty side to him.

So I was watching :magnify: and waiting :fish:for the Onyx reward Canada's Wonderland tickets to come this week and they haven't come yet. These are the ones that were 1 airmile for 2 tickets. They were offered this time last year. Oh well guess they aren't doing that deal this year or maybe they are delaying it. It was fun while it lasted.
Oh and Cheers to 1000. I have learned so much from you guys about collecting air miles. Couldn't have done it without you.

Yeah for 1000! I'm another who appreciates all the work that you put into the thread, Donald. I'm taking a bit of a break. I get so frustrated with Rexall and LnG points that don't show on the receipt, and then never seem to post, that it isn't worth the time, effort and special trip to make it work for me. I get my regular points with the credit card, and still do Foodland. I'll see what is on for Prime Day, and I promise myself that I'll remember to go through airmilesshops. :D

If I am missing miles from BMO should I contact them or air miles? I think because I never got my 100 from them I also never got my mega miles 1000 Thanks
I called AM a few weeks back about a BMO promotion that didn't work correctly. Their suggestion to me was to contact BMO directly as they are the only ones who can see the information necessary to confirm I met the offer requirements. I didn't get around to calling BMO as I figured I would have to wait until 90 days to complain. The added AM I was looking for popped up in my account.

You are well beyond that deadline so I would call BMO and ask about it.

Yeah for 1000! I'm another who appreciates all the work that you put into the thread, Donald. I'm taking a bit of a break. I get so frustrated with Rexall and LnG points that don't show on the receipt, and then never seem to post, that it isn't worth the time, effort and special trip to make it work for me. I get my regular points with the credit card, and still do Foodland. I'll see what is on for Prime Day, and I promise myself that I'll remember to go through airmilesshops. :D
If you've installed the Chrome extension it will pop up and remind you to sign in!

Anyone live in or near Stouffville? If so you might want to hit up their brand new Rexall this week! Spend $40 get 80 AM Monday July 15 - Thursday July 18th and get a free bag!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!