Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Does anyone have any weird Amex miles just appear in their account today but back dated to June 11? I've got an additional 110 miles and no idea what they are from.

ETA: Never mind.....the date is July 11 but it's slotted in with my June 11 posting.

Wow! 1001 pages! Congrats on being such an awesome group!

I did my Sobeys shop today. I wanted to stick to my budget of $75 (my Sobeys offer was spend $75 get 35 air miles). My DH and DS came wandering in to the store (they usually hit Dollarama while I am at Sobeys) and threw a few extras in the cart, plus I splurged and threw two t-bone steaks in the cart ($8 each). Luckily I could redeem $10 of air miles and get 20 more in return. I ended up spending $123 (-$10 AM redemption, total $113) and got 145 airmiles. Not as great as some weeks, but every bit helps.

Now still (im)patiently waiting to see what sort of UOR tickets will be available for 2020 :) Now that DS has started reading the Harry Potter books (he is on book two, started book one in June) I think we are all getting more excited for the Universal Studios portion of our trip next year, although I am still pretty stoked for Disney.

We have summer vacation plans too - a road trip with our camper trailer from Manitoba to Lethbridge and Waterton in August. I plan on using the points I have been earning at Petro Canada when I buy my Disney gift cards to redeem for a $0.10 off/litre gas card to help out with the gas for the big trip.

The Air Miles have been removed from both my card and my husband's card. Now just waiting for the tickets!

My card: redeemed 2,400 for 2 Mickey's not-so-scary halloween party = left with 616 miles in my account as of today.

My husband's card: redeemed 2,400 for 2 Mickey's halloween party + 20,550 miles for 4 Universal B2G3D free tickets. That leaves 273 miles in his account as of today.

Starting over... LOL

My husband's card: redeemed 2,400 for 2 Mickey's halloween party + 20,550 miles for 4 Universal B2G3D free tickets. That leaves 273 miles in his account as of today.

Starting over... LOL
I don't see those, are they back? I've been waiting and waiting and waiting.

No. I had to give up waiting. I doubt Air Miles is going to post Universal's current promo now. When the last promo ended Universal ended up extending it. Air Miles had a bunch of tickets left and crossed out the old expires by dates and put the new ones in. Once Air Miles got rid of those, I honestly expected the new ones to go on their website. Air Miles has always brought Universal tickets back just as they do with Disney tickets. But, this promo's purchase by date ends July 31st. I can't wait any longer.

I am very sure I paid much more going through the Personal Shopper but had no choice.

Those who used the Personal Shopper to get your MNSSHP tickets -> did everyone's tickets arrive by e-mail? How long did it take? My husband just set up his e-mail on a new computer, which promptly downloaded every single message on the server. He went through them the past few days and deleted all the ones he did not need. I was not too worried as he always has them saved to the server. I just logged into his e-mail on the server to discover he deleted every single Air Miles and MX - Personal Shopper e-mail! I blew up. Turns out he didn't delete them from the server knowingly... the windows MAIL program deleted them from the server as he deleted them from his inbox. Our ISP says there's no option in MAIL (that he can find) to turn off. I doubt Air Miles sent him his 2 tickets yet as I ordered first and I have not received mine.. at least I hope not. I went through his trash folder. He's under orders to NOT delete ANY e-mail that comes in during the next 6 weeks until we have our tickets.

And those who ordered Universal tickets -> do they came via e-mail or did they get mailed to your address? Those are attached to his e-mail address as well. I will totally freak if they come via e-mail and he deletes them!

@Disney Addicted ... the personal shoppers only work on business days (my understanding anyway) so you prolly won't get the tickets till Monday. Fingers crossed that's what's happening! If not I'm sure you could explain and ask for them to resend the email.

Those who used the Personal Shopper to get your MNSSHP tickets -> did everyone's tickets arrive by e-mail? How long did it take? My husband just set up his e-mail on a new computer, which promptly downloaded every single message on the server. He went through them the past few days and deleted all the ones he did not need. I was not too worried as he always has them saved to the server. I just logged into his e-mail on the server to discover he deleted every single Air Miles and MX - Personal Shopper e-mail! I blew up. Turns out he didn't delete them from the server knowingly... the windows MAIL program deleted them from the server as he deleted them from his inbox. Our ISP says there's no option in MAIL (that he can find) to turn off. I doubt Air Miles sent him his 2 tickets yet as I ordered first and I have not received mine.. at least I hope not. I went through his trash folder. He's under orders to NOT delete ANY e-mail that comes in during the next 6 weeks until we have our tickets.

And those who ordered Universal tickets -> do they came via e-mail or did they get mailed to your address? Those are attached to his e-mail address as well. I will totally freak if they come via e-mail and he deletes them!

I'm afraid of this happening also. DH Airmiles email all comes to another one of my email accounts. That way I see everything AM related. If he needs to know about it I let him know.

I'm afraid of this happening also. DH Airmiles email all comes to another one of my email accounts. That way I see everything AM related. If he needs to know about it I let him know.

Great idea. I'll change the e-mail on his Air Miles account after we get our tickets.

For my MNSSHP tickets -
Asked for quote on July 5
Quote arrived July 8
AM were taken out on July 10
Got an email that they were ready to order my tickets and to confirm the name on July 11
Got the tickets via email about an hour later on July 11
Linked in my MDE with no problems.

Wow, that was very quick! On my card on Friday, July 5th Air Miles said they would begin the order process but I have not heard back from them since.

But on James' card Air Miles the tickets were ordered on the 10th; they confirmed the order on the 10th; sent out an e-mail on the 12th (yesterday) asking for a name and I replied back yesterday but not until 5:30 pm. Thankfully it must have been too late in the day yesterday for them to see the reply, let alone do anything.

I wonder why so quick for you and James but I have yet to hear back. Ah well, maybe Monday.

@Disney Addicted ... the personal shoppers only work on business days (my understanding anyway) so you prolly won't get the tickets till Monday. Fingers crossed that's what's happening! If not I'm sure you could explain and ask for them to resend the email.

Thanks! Yes, I'm hoping if he accidentially deleted them that Air Miles would re-send them.

Anyone here thinking of the Duncan house dinner on airmiles right now. Kids are in camp that week thought might be a nice night out with the wife. Meet some other Disney fans there too.
Rob Rainford Presents BBQ Grilling Dinner for One (1) at David Duncan House, Toronto, ON - Thursday, August 22, 2019 - Gold and Onyx®Exclusive

Great idea. I'll change the e-mail on his Air Miles account after we get our tickets.

Wow, that was very quick! On my card on Friday, July 5th Air Miles said they would begin the order process but I have not heard back from them since.

But on James' card Air Miles the tickets were ordered on the 10th; they confirmed the order on the 10th; sent out an e-mail on the 12th (yesterday) asking for a name and I replied back yesterday but not until 5:30 pm. Thankfully it must have been too late in the day yesterday for them to see the reply, let alone do anything.

I wonder why so quick for you and James but I have yet to hear back. Ah well, maybe Monday.

Thanks! Yes, I'm hoping if he accidentially deleted them that Air Miles would re-send them.

I'd probably follow up, or resend the email accepting the quote? Just in case. I thought it was quick, they said 4 business days at first then one email said it could be 10. I just wanted to get everything before we go at the end of August so I'm happy! Hopefully you will get it all sorted out quickly :) and have a blast at the party!!

I called AM a few weeks back about a BMO promotion that didn't work correctly. Their suggestion to me was to contact BMO directly as they are the only ones who can see the information necessary to confirm I met the offer requirements. I didn't get around to calling BMO as I figured I would have to wait until 90 days to complain. The added AM I was looking for popped up in my account.

You are well beyond that deadline so I would call BMO and ask about it.
Thanks

I was in this same position. As of July 4, the 100 Mega Miles for BMO purchases had not posted. AM chat advised me to contact BMO and when I did, BMO advised to contact AM. I waited a day and in another AM chat the rep immediately posted 100 ‘make it right’ miles to my account after I confirmed the total amount spent during the promo.
Good luck!

I was in this same position. As of July 4, the 100 Mega Miles for BMO purchases had not posted. AM chat advised me to contact BMO and when I did, BMO advised to contact AM. I waited a day and in another AM chat the rep immediately posted 100 ‘make it right’ miles to my account after I confirmed the total amount spent during the promo.
Good luck!
I was afraid this would happen if I called. The offer I was wondering about was a spend $x on your card during a time frame get X AM. There is no way AM would know if I fulfilled the offer only BMO could. AM told me the initiation of the AM would have to come from BMO. I was just going to write them off the round the circle wasn't going to be fun.

Glad it worked out for you.

Edited to add:
I guess not
Please note: AIR MILES® reward miles will not be earned on Amazon Gift Cards, Amazon Prime Sign-up, Books, eBooks, Groceries, Automotive supplies, Tools & Home Improvement, books, or Kindle devices or Kindle eBooks.
Any experiences buying 2x $25.00 Amazon.ca gift cards towards an airmiles shop?
Thanks Mel

I earned a lot of points on Amazon gift cards during the Christmas season a year and a half ago (20x points back then). But I wouldn't count on it at any time, I chalked it up to a system glitch. No experience with their gift cards since then.

Also, with Amazon Prime Day tomorrow, just wanted to emphasize the less obvious restrictions: Groceries, Automotive supplies, Tools & Home Improvement. I have had to watch out for things like command strips/picture hooks, furniture/floor repair markers, granola bars, all excluded from airmilesshops purchases. I now double check those last minute top up items to reach the minimum to make sure the category qualifies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!