Airmiles Armchair Chatter

STILL no Sobey's e-voucher and I'm beyond frustrated with the whole process. My luck by the time i get the danged thing I'll find they no longer allow their gift cards to be *exchanged* for other gift cards and I'll be stuck with a ton of cash miles. I only chose to get a $50 card so I should be able to spend that EVENTUALLY, we only shop at Sobey's when there are big bonus offers, but I still have $130 worth of cash miles in my account 🤬🤬

STILL no Sobey's e-voucher and I'm beyond frustrated with the whole process. My luck by the time i get the danged thing I'll find they no longer allow their gift cards to be *exchanged* for other gift cards and I'll be stuck with a ton of cash miles. I only chose to get a $50 card so I should be able to spend that EVENTUALLY, we only shop at Sobey's when there are big bonus offers, but I still have $130 worth of cash miles in my account 🤬🤬
Here's hoping they get the problem fixed soon!
Hugs
Mel

Does anyone have a Freshco by them? I never have any issues with buying Sobeys giftcards to earn my bonus miles, then exchanging them at a Freshco for other gift cards, Today i got $150 for Shell and a gift card for my morning coffee at Timmies!

I don't know why I never thought of FreshCo but I haven't. Thanks.

I have been watching for the end of the season floral sale at my Sobeys,,,,last night I saw the perfect *Vintage Milk Can* and it was just the perfect color (Teal) and price,,,,still I had to do some self talk before buying it,,kind of a want ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not need.;)
Anyway I went back today and got it,,,I also picked up another $200 Sobeys card and then got my McDonalds coffee cards with it.
The Sobeys Gift Cards I've gotten (Blue Jays ones) do say useable at *Fresh Co*.
Definitely last Sobeys card for me.

Hugs
Mel

I also found the Blue Jays gift cards and my loaded offer of spend $125 earn 60 miles appeared on the receipt. Funny, only last week they finally dropped that threshold from $160 down to $125.....I bet it's going back up next week.

Also, to comment on the Facebook post about the AP upgrade. I commented on that post. I have a close friend who worked there a few years back in ticketing and knew the guy that started the Dis ticket thread. I can tell you for a fact that there are VERY few CM's that have the access to be able to refund a ticket....which is the only way that this upgrade happened using multiple tickets. And, ya...huge waste of a non expiring ticket....if that's in fact what it really was. I think it probably happened because this person stumbled upon a CM that had the ability to do it but more importantly knew how much money the mouse was going to make from the deal.

Pretty good haul for me today.

Bought 2 x $200 Sobeys gift cards (200 miles). Then used one for my groceries for $97.35 and earned another 68 miles on the actual order in My Offers.

Also went to Lawton's for the $35 in OC products and got the 95 + 1 miles.

I've been using DH's card at Sobeys now since his threshold offer is much more reasonable at 35 miles / $75 versus mine at 60 miles / $160. It's easier for me to redeem his Cash miles at that spend threshold.

Nothing Air Miles related but I really should clean out my stuff more often. While sorting through our bedroom, and more importantly, a pile of purses I had on the floor by our bed - I found $70 in one of those purses! :cool1:

Then my husband promptly took $10, my son reminded me I owed him $14, and my daughter took $3. :-) I'm surprised the cat didn't demand a share as well.

Nothing Air Miles related but I really should clean out my stuff more often. While sorting through our bedroom, and more importantly, a pile of purses I had on the floor by our bed - I found $70 in one of those purses! :cool1:

Then my husband promptly took $10, my son reminded me I owed him $14, and my daughter took $3. :-) I'm surprised the cat didn't demand a share as well.
Can I have my $40 back?

Just an FYI...someone in "that" group on FB posted today that yesterday she upgraded her 7 day no expiry along with a 5 day AM ticket towards a WDW AP and only had to pay OOP $145. She actually posted her receipt to show that her AP cost $855 + $52.20 tax and she was given credit of $709.86 towards the AP. I was surprised to see on her receipt that her AP only cost $855 when the WDW website says $1,119 for the platinum pass. Even more surprised that Disney allowed her to combine 2 tickets towards the price of the AP. I have printed out her picture of her receipt and will definitely inquire about the price if I am charged more than $855 + tax for my AP when we go to upgrade.

Very interesting, agree not great value for the dollar value of the tickets but I suppose what is best in a given situation is in the eyes of the beholder.

I tried to make sense of the $709.86 ticket value. The 7day ticket with no expiry date should have been valued at $370 on feb 2016, the last date those were available. If they were Canadian discounted ones, then $277.50 (i believe we got a 25% discount). $709.86-$277.50=$432.36 as the value of her 5day flex ticket (they valued my airmiles 7day flex as $440 in May so this might make sense). Really hard to know what went on and the value of anything she received without all the details. The tax amount doesn't match to the dollar value either so I would imagine some other numbers might be off as well.

Last edited:

Can I have my $40 back?

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Nipped in to Sobeys on Friday to get my $200 gc For 100 AM. Then yesterday I went shopping and got most of my loaded offers plus one in-store offer. Spent $86 and got 104 AM.
I will use the remaining balance on my gift card for my vacation. We are heading out in our little travel trailer to Alberta on Friday, and will need groceries while we are out there for those 20 days. So if there is a Blue Friday on the next 3 weeks I *may* be able to participate, depends on the deals.

I traded in more grocery cards for Shell cards. Now we have $950 in Shell cards and I spent $50 on groceries. That will keep us going for awhile. Over the next 7 weeks I'll take our $150 bi-weekly gas money and put it back into savings. I maxed out the 5 cards under my account.

I may pick up one gift card under my husband's account and keep it aside for the next Blue Friday.

So for those who are still wondering if the 200gc are worth it for only 100am, let me put it this way.
That is a 5% return on your money for doing nothing. As long as you can afford to put that money aside, then every little bit helps.
Now if you take those gc and buy the shell cards like others are doing ( and I). I then buy the $25lotto cards at shell and got 20am, so call that 8% return for a total of 13%. Now if you flip them for any of the $50 cards like keg, golftown or the others that you can, that is a 4% return for a total of 9%.
As long as you do this while doing normal day stuff and not take special detours and the such. Not too many savings accounts that will give you a 9%return these days.
Now I have it good as I buy the company lotto tickets, so they flip over quick for me. But I still get extra GC for myself and cash out on other gc. 5%off my netflix, kelseys, and few others the family likes.
As long as you dont go over and stay within each means, this little scratching will add up.

So for those who are still wondering if the 200gc are worth it for only 100am, let me put it this way.
That is a 5% return on your money for doing nothing. As long as you can afford to put that money aside, then every little bit helps.
Now if you take those gc and buy the shell cards like others are doing ( and I). I then buy the $25lotto cards at shell and got 20am, so call that 8% return for a total of 13%. Now if you flip them for any of the $50 cards like keg, golftown or the others that you can, that is a 4% return for a total of 9%.
As long as you do this while doing normal day stuff and not take special detours and the such. Not too many savings accounts that will give you a 9%return these days.
Now I have it good as I buy the company lotto tickets, so they flip over quick for me. But I still get extra GC for myself and cash out on other gc. 5%off my netflix, kelseys, and few others the family likes.
As long as you dont go over and stay within each means, this little scratching will add up.
EXCELLENT Post! So long as people remember take the parts I highlighted into account this is a great way to make your money work for you. For us, we don't normally shop at any of the Sobey's stores nor do we get gas at Shell so this just doesn't work for us. When the gift card offer at Urban Fresh is for a much smaller value I'll buy 1 to keep on hand for Blue Fridays but we can't keep money tied up like this. I'm loving watching how everyone is making this work !!!

Now if Airmiles could figure out how to get me my e-voucher for Sobey's I'd be extremely happy but the last chat i had ended with this answer (after he treated me like a twit and gave me instructions on how to clear my history and then sign back into my account) no more "sorry for the inconvenience" miles

Thank you very much for letting me know Jacqueline. I can inform you that our Support Teams are still working on the eVoucher issue we are currently having. I do not have a timeline for when the issue will be fixed but assure you that all is being done to resolve this matter as soon as possible. I will pass on this information to our IT Team and sincerely do hope you are able to have access to your eVoucher early next week. Sincere apologies once again for all the inconvenience caused to you ~ Karl

Now if Airmiles could figure out how to get me my e-voucher for Sobey's I'd be extremely happy but the last chat i had ended with this answer (after he treated me like a twit and gave me instructions on how to clear my history and then sign back into my account) no more "sorry for the inconvenience" miles

Thank you very much for letting me know Jacqueline. I can inform you that our Support Teams are still working on the eVoucher issue we are currently having. I do not have a timeline for when the issue will be fixed but assure you that all is being done to resolve this matter as soon as possible. I will pass on this information to our IT Team and sincerely do hope you are able to have access to your eVoucher early next week. Sincere apologies once again for all the inconvenience caused to you ~ Karl

I'm not sure what is going on with Air Miles but it's been well over a week waiting for my Gatorland pass to be e-mailed to me. When I inquired, I received an e-mail (Friday past) saying "We are having some technical issue with your purchase order and our IT department is look to fix this as soon as possible."

Everything else I've ordered through the personal shopper program has been quick & easy.

I have been waiting over two weeks as of tomorrow for a package of 5 Movie passes,,I got an email last Tuesday that it had been sent out but still no envelope in the mail. (495 Dream rewards)

My Starbucks online e voucher took quite a while to process a few days ago but finally did.

My transactions are now posting in proper order **Thank the heavens* it was driving me nuts.

Hugs
Mel

PS anyone ever see Giant Tiger Gift cards at Sobeys?

A question for those that got invited to the Shell GO+ this year - do you have any idea how many AM you actually earned last year at Shell to get the invite? i didn't start really collecting till September last year, so I was out for this year for sure, just wondering if I'll have any shot at it next year! So far my spreadsheet tells me I've gotten 1230AM at shell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!