Airmiles Armchair Chatter

@ilovetotravel1977 the wine tasting tickets are up on the Airmiles site. I just ordered 2 for Friday night for you. Sorry got all excited when I saw Friday, they are for 1:00pm. Maybe your parents can use them. Let me know if you would like them.

Last edited:
I wonder if they didn't have the evening tickets this time. Or did they get all scooped up already. Seems weird that they only have the Friday at 1pm show.

Well, looks like Dorian is coming for us in Nova Scotia (me in Halifax)! Got my storm wine, no chips this time. Trying to keep it together LOL

I remember when Hurricane Juan's Category 2 hit us. This has the possibility of the same impacts as I believe wind speeds are just under the Category 2 level for us. Going to be a busy evening getting everything into the shed / house and securing the BBQ, the dang green bin, etc.

Wish us Maritimers good luck!
I'm in Lower Sackville myself, and the winds are starting to pick up. There's a for sale sign on the next door neighbour's lawn that I'm going to take down and put under his deck, it's just upwind of my car and I can forsee it slamming into the passenger side of my car. No one is living in the house right now so if the real estate agent didn't come for it I guess I'll deal with it myself. Otherwise it looks like the rest of the neighbourhood is reasonable secure right now. I hope we get a bit of pixie dust over the next 24 hours pixiedust:

@Tinkershelly stay safe today / tonight! I am in Clayton Park and the wind is blowing now with some good gusts. Hard to imagine it’s going to get 3x times worse by tonight!
You too ilovetotravel1977! Hopefully this time tomorrow we'll all have power and internet and coffee, and be able to check in with just a few amusing stories :surfweb:

Might anyone know what this might be from?

View attachment 433373
I have one for that day and that amount
We are having a garage sale today and actually getting rid of alot of stuff.
It's been years since I had a garage sale so this is really all about my sons organizing and running it.
I just noticed the trees in my forest changing colors??? Oh boy early Fall......:(
Hugs
Mel
DH had one a few weeks ago.....$270 in my pocket, lol.

I wonder if they didn't have the evening tickets this time. Or did they get all scooped up already. Seems weird that they only have the Friday at 1pm show.

According to the offer on the website it looks like they had afternoon and evening Friday and Saturday. I didn't check yesterday to see if there were any offers available I just noticed it when I checked this morning. If you need more tickets I can get 2 others. Please PM me your address and I will get them off to you as soon as they arrive.

Stay safe this weekend.

It's been years since I had a garage sale so this is really all about my sons organizing and running it.
I just noticed the trees in my forest changing colors??? Oh boy early Fall......:(
Hugs
Mel
I was out with DD yesterday-she's finally getting her license, so I need to give her some time to practise- and I commented a couple of times on the changing colours. Sigh. Colour ME not happy! :sad:

Hugs
Mel

Never mind the forest, it’s happening on my street! DH and I were just talking about how the leaves are starting to fall off my neighbour’s trees. And we do not live “up north”. Way too soon...

Just popping in to say that my fam is doing well, lost power around 3:30pm which was good compared to most.

I’ve read the storm has been downgraded to a post tropical cyclone with hurricane force winds.

There are lots of big oak trees uprooted around the city, and a construction crane crashed into the building it was work on.

Waterfront is flooded, of course.

@Tinkershelly how are you doing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter