Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just popping in to say that my fam is doing well, lost power around 3:30pm which was good compared to most.

I’ve read the storm has been downgraded to a post tropical cyclone with hurricane force winds.

There are lots of big oak trees uprooted around the city, and a construction crane crashed into the building it was work on.

Waterfront is flooded, of course.

@Tinkershelly how are you doing?
I seem to have come out relatively unscathed, one of the few who didn't actually lose power, although it was a bit of a restless night. I'm checking in with my friends and family, all seem to be taking it with a typical Maritimer attitude, as long as they can get a coffee of course. I hear the lines at the few Tim's that are open are blocks long this morning

@Tinkershelly We lost power around 3:30pm, and supposed to get it back around 11pm tonight. Just hoping all of our fridge keeps until then.

No damage to any of our property. Helps that there are only apartment buildings across the street, so no big trees to fall down.

Thinking of you and hope the Fridge stay cold,,and the power comes on soon.
Hugs
Mel

I seem to have come out relatively unscathed, one of the few who didn't actually lose power, although it was a bit of a restless night. I'm checking in with my friends and family, all seem to be taking it with a typical Maritimer attitude, as long as they can get a coffee of course. I hear the lines at the few Tim's that are open are blocks long this morning

Yep Canadians are funny when the road gets rough we all head to Tims,,
here's a cup just for you.
Stay safe.
Hugs
Mel
1567966611400.png

No morning email from Rexall yet, no threshold spend in my LnG for either card which *could* mean a Wednesday coupon promo day. Sorta hoping not because, dang, it was only 2 weeks ago and i doubt i could put together even one transaction (but we all know that i WILL :P )

Website is down currently though so no digging there to see if there might be an offer coming. It's REALLY down BTW, even the app can't update my balance

I was just a Rexall using my GC from last week on milk etc. I was trying to figure out what I could possibly have left to purchase in the store. Then I walked down the magazine aisle. Not my first choice of something to buy but I could treat myself to one or two I've had my eye on for a while. Bring on the big deal.

I was just on the air miles shops website, and notice that Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic are no longer available to shop through them. Slightly annoyed because I was at Old Navy on the weekend and decided to wait and place an order today through AMS to get the air miles.
That list seems to change frequently and I must admit I'm wondering about a bunch of the newer ones that have popped up - several are located in the states and require paying in USD funds (and then dealing with potential duties as well) and others are just plain odd!
Uhm, ok , there's an ENTIRE STORE for these things? Some of these things cost $30 USD 😱 I can pick some up at the local Dollarama! (maybe I'm missing something here :P )

I was just on the air miles shops website, and notice that Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic are no longer available to shop through them. Slightly annoyed because I was at Old Navy on the weekend and decided to wait and place an order today through AMS to get the air miles.

That's a shame. I could always count on them when the big promos were on. I guess I just won't shop there anymore. AMs were the only reason I ever did.

I just looked and they are all there. Maybe a glitch?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!