Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I can appreciate the Netflix binging. I went through the Crown two weeks ago as I was awaiting delivery of the box set of Downton Abbey. Saw the preview for Downton Abbey and thought I might like to see the movie but realized I should probably watch the TV series first. It's not available on Netflix anymore and my son couldn't get it to work on Amazon Prime so I bought the set.

I've powered through and am now on Season 6. It's been a great escape from the "real world", almost as good as a vacation. Take some time to binge on a favourite.

Last edited:
Took a look at this weeks flyer. I will probably take advantage of the buy 25.00 get 50 Am on General Mills Products. The United Way here in the city is doing a neighborhood door to door food drive. I always set a budget of 40.00 to donate to them. So I'll stop on my way home from work tomorrow and pick up those items. They are good staples for the food bank. I have a few items to add from my pantry too. So they will get a good box full from us. Other than that..AM it a bust for me this week.

@Donald - my hero & @ottawamom A netflix binge would be a great staycation this week. And Ottawamom...I :love: Downton Abbey. I have watched it several times....iI always have something streaming when I'm sewing on my quilts. I pick up something new from the shows each time I watch them. For me...it was always be one that I will watch no matter how often I have seen it.

Star Wars...????? :rolleyes1
I'll be watching them all before we head to Disney in January, the duck ain't watching the other shows talked about. Currently working my way thru The Mummy series of movies mixed in with iZombie, Jessica Jones, and the odd sitcom to break things up! Give me action, superheroes and scifi alllll day long!!!

I wonder if they didn't have the evening tickets this time. Or did they get all scooped up already. Seems weird that they only have the Friday at 1pm show.
Did you get enough of the tickets for the wine festival? They're still up on the site if you want more . Still just the 1 pm time frame though

Ok
I have viewed the flyers a few times and the only thing I can see gets me 5 airmiles at Sobeys,,,oh boy, not worth my time or gas.
Maybe Metro will take pity on me and send me some good targeted offers tomorrow.

***Note F.Y.I .hold off airmiles shop purchases as their site says they may have some type of deal on their "
Happy Any Day Promo Sept 14th.
Dang Double Dang!!! I made a wayfair shop last night!!!

Stay tuned for a big airmilesshops.ca Bonus Offer just for Happy Any Day!

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I got a "we miss you" airmiles shop online email, spend $20 and get 25 AM. Of course if I thought it was actually going to work without a fight I might do it. We'll see. I do have some stuff to buy next week but I would normally do Ebates/Rakuten.

I know the feeling. Did one ending August 22, $20, chose Staples (silly me!). Haven't received the base mile so I'll be chasing the personal offer in 75 days.

I know the feeling. Did one ending August 22, $20, chose Staples (silly me!). Haven't received the base mile so I'll be chasing the personal offer in 75 days.
IF you only spent the $20 you won't be getting any base miles from Staples ... well, it's actually confusing from them because the ratio direct from Staples is 1/$40 BUT they seem to also give 1/$20 thru the portal at times IF the $40 mark was met.
You might end up getting the bonus miles *eventually* just file it away under the "why did i fall for this promo" category. I had it and just let it slide past, had nothing I could justify spending the money on :P

IF you only spent the $20 you won't be getting any base miles from Staples ... well, it's actually confusing from them because the ratio direct from Staples is 1/$40 BUT they seem to also give 1/$20 thru the portal at times IF the $40 mark was met.
You might end up getting the bonus miles *eventually* just file it away under the "why did i fall for this promo" category. I had it and just let it slide past, had nothing I could justify spending the money on :P

I was expecting 0 airmiles directly from staples but 1 airmiles from airmilesshops.ca for the 1am for $20 staples spend. I don't think it's been working properly since they changed the ratio earlier this year. So bad choice on my part but I wanted the items regardless so decided to order.

I stopped at Safeway last night to pick up some of the general Mills items for a bonus 50 AM. Also picked up the Chef Boyadee for an extra 10 miles. I picked all the things for the United Way food drive ( i had a nice big box for them last night ) Looked on my receipt...it said I got 112 Am instead of 62. So I'm NOT sure what happened...and I will see if those actually post next week...but I will take that as a win for 37 bucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!