Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I forget...if I switch my preference to 100% cash today, where will my miles earned from last week go? Into to Dream (from before the switch) or Cash?

So OT searching around the web, seems parks are slow right now. There is a bunch of DVC rooms available, flights with WJ with our companion fare for approx 1400 for the 4 of us, tickets already from AM. so just food for 5 days. Its last minute july 22-27 and just asked and I can have the week off from work. Now to pull the plug and suprise wife for her birthday on the 26. I will tell her 2 days before we fly.

I forget...if I switch my preference to 100% cash today, where will my miles earned from last week go? Into to Dream (from before the switch) or Cash?

If you switched last night before midnight your switchover would take place at 3am Saturday morning. As Sobeys posts on Saturday your AM earned during the week should post to cash. I've never actually cut it that close with a switch over before, I'm thinking back to some of my Rexall posts when I was switching things back and forth.

In Ontario Metro posts on Saturday but they post the actual day you shopped so those would have gone to Dream. You should be OK if you made your change last night. Assuming you want them in Cash.

Last edited:

So OT searching around the web, seems parks are slow right now. There is a bunch of DVC rooms available, flights with WJ with our companion fare for approx 1400 for the 4 of us, tickets already from AM. so just food for 5 days. Its last minute july 22-27 and just asked and I can have the week off from work. Now to pull the plug and suprise wife for her birthday on the 26. I will tell her 2 days before we fly.

What a fabulous surprise for your wife and the girls. Have a great time. Now if only you could convince my DH to do something similar.

That is an amazing surprise. Love the last minute trips. Just think it and do it.
Hope you have an great time and your wife has a incredible birthday. :cake:

That is awesome! Happy birthday to your wife!

I didn't include the males specifically in that comment mort1331 because you are one of the most enthusiastic Disney males I have come across. Unlike "some" of the rest of us with significant others who are less than excited about another trip to the world. You're right though. I should have named the group DIS "girls and guys". (I was going to say DIS lovers unite but didn't think that one would go over too well, although we all do love going to Disney).

I didn't include the males specifically in that comment mort1331 because you are one of the most enthusiastic Disney males I have come across. Unlike "some" of the rest of us with significant others who are less than excited about another trip to the world. You're right though. I should have named the group DIS "girls and guys". (I was going to say DIS lovers unite but didn't think that one would go over too well, although we all do love going to Disney).
HEHE no worries, Have a close friend that he is the more Disney in the family as well. There are a few us wearing our Mickey proud.

Mine won't go anywheres without begging and pleading and proof of how we don't have to spend tons of money. ugh. Just thinking about it actually makes me mad and disappointed.
Mine loves to travel but leaves everything up to me. I have to say 'hey, we are going to (apply a name) in January, be ready'. I wish he would do something like mort1331 did but he's afraid of making a mistake....like you could when it comes to travel. So you think we are going to Disney but you actually booked Daytona. No big deal, were still going away, am I right??
Yes, mine will go to the moon with me as long as I make the reservation. I'm okay with that. :boat:

Now, as to AM's. Has anyone shopped through the AM's portal for Apple products? I shopped 3 weeks ago for my new ipad on the 20X's day but they haven't shown up yet. Is this one of the stores where I'll have to contact AM's in 90 days? I hate when that happens.

I actually don’t know who loves disney more, me or my wife. It’s great to share excitement and planning and everything with my partner. Buuuuuut...it also means that we end up talking each other into trips all the time! We’re basically always in planning mode.

Our next trip will probably be in 2 years (just before the kiddo turns 3). That’s a loooooong time for two disney lovers to plan. Two weeks ago, I decided we would have a great time in an Art of Animation suite. Last week, my wife said we should just buy a DVC contract. We always level out and make the trip something fun that fits our budget, but the planning can definitely balloon...

Are you sure about that? I tried that before and it was a no-go. You can use Sobeys at Lawton's though.
I have done it several times, more now that they have had miles on the Lawton's cards recently! Hopefully you can try again, with a backup payment type available just in case, and it will work for you. We have done it at several different Sobeys. We buy gift cards for my Nan-in-law, then spend them on her groceries over the month. So last month I used both a Sobeys (ours) and a Lawtons card (hers) to pay during one trip. I find having different colours/designs for her cards makes it easier to know it's not Our card to spend! =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter