Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Shell GO+ bonus day August 14, personal offer from email.

Looks like I can participate this time, 1 am per litre offer.

My Shell GO+ bonus offer is 50 bonus miles when I fill up with V-Power. Hmm... I'll have to see if I can time this right somehow. It's a week away and my tank is 1/4 full.

If I do the offer, I will make sure to only put in 25L. The last time my husband had this offer and I told him 25L only! He put in closer to 38L and the cost was just WOW.

EDITED: I just check my husband's e-mail and he got the 1 bonus mile per litre e-mail.

My Shell GO+ bonus offer is 50 bonus miles when I fill up with V-Power. Hmm... I'll have to see if I can time this right somehow. It's a week away and my tank is 1/4 full.

If I do the offer, I will make sure to only put in 25L. The last time my husband had this offer and I told him 25L only! He put in closer to 38L and the cost was just WOW.

EDITED: I just check my husband's e-mail and he got the 1 bonus mile per litre e-mail.

I got the V-Power one too but I would have to be on very empty to make this work (Toyota Yaris) and also not worth it to me as I use the cheapest level of gas,,not V-Power.
Hugs
Mel

Well unless Sobeys has some in store promos I am out for Airmiles grocery shopping this week. I am worried that the coupon through the Roundup for Sobeys says *Gift Cards cannot be used to buy Gift Cards*,,I don't remember this in previous coupons,,but maybe I am wrong.I usually throw a Shell gas card into the grocery shop.
Hugs
Mel

Just a heads up to anyone doing the GC offer at Shell. Each GC must be purchased separately. Live and learn, I didn't read the details closely enough and they say 20AM max per transaction, 5 transactions per day, 100AM max per collector.I purchased two in the same transaction and only 20AM showed up so I'm out 20AM, :( . Not the end of the world as I was doing the purchase to get over the $700 mark for the BMO bonus with Round-up.

Anyone buying the Lottery card can I buy a card and stockpile it till Birthday/Christmas or is this something that has to be used in a certain timeframe?
And each $25.00 cards get the 20 airmiles right?

Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Is that at Shell also?

Yes at Shell .
I have a son who enjoys buying lottery tickets but his Birthday isn't till Dec so I thought of buying a few now and putting them away till then.I've never bought lottery gift card before so I don't know how they work.
Thanks Ottawamom for the OLG info!! Hugs Hon!!
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Is that at Shell also? From their T&C "either $25 or $50 OLG. " So you are good to go. Is the maximum on the GC over all GC or are you just capped out on say Amazon at 100AM but then you could do another 100AM with Lottery GC?
I'm not sure,,the verbage (T&C) says * maximum 100 bonus points per collector account for this offer*
now if you have a secondary card you could do it.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Well unless Sobeys has some in store promos I am out for Airmiles grocery shopping this week. I am worried that the coupon through the Roundup for Sobeys says *Gift Cards cannot be used to buy Gift Cards*,,I don't remember this in previous coupons,,but maybe I am wrong.I usually throw a Shell gas card into the grocery shop.
Hugs
Mel

Sigh... I've always been able to purchase other gift cards in the past with the grocery gift card. Now I wonder. I guess I'll test it buy purchasing only 1 gift card at Foodland tomorrow and seeing if I can throw in Shell gift cards with a minimal grocery purchase. If it works, I'll buy a few more. If not, then I'm done with their grocery gift cards.

I found this on Sobey's web page. "Corporate Gift Cards (“Cards”) have no value until activated. Cards are valid at participating stores in Canada. Cards can be used for all in-store purchases except another Corporate Gift Card (grocery, fuel or liquor) or as prohibited by law." I don't recall the wording in the past so I don't know if this is new or not.

https://www.sobeys.com/en/gift-cards-every-occasion/

Wow, there really is an air miles drought. The Sobeys flyer has barely anything.

My personal offers at Sobeys are pretty good though and surprisingly all stuff I actually need this week - threshold spend of $75+35 am (not the best, but I usually get close to $75 anyway), buy $15 worth of steak get 20 miles, buy $10 chicken breast, get 15 am, plus extra miles for broccoli and pineapple, and 2 boxes of KD. I rarely buy sparkling water anymore since I got my SodaStream, but we are going on a road trip soon so they would come in handy, and I get 8 am for one case. So if I buy everything in my offers I will get 91 miles, plus whatever else I can scrounge up from the flyer or in-store promo.

I am still debating whether to get the Sobeys gift cards on that Round Up offer, I am on a pretty strict budget right now, but it would pay for the next few weeks of shopping, plus the bonus miles.

Oh, and I made it to Onyx status last week! My status hasn't changed on the site yet, but I have earned 6,284 miles this year :cool1:And before I found this group I thought getting Gold status was hard!

Just a heads up to anyone doing the GC offer at Shell. Each GC must be purchased separately. Live and learn, I didn't read the details closely enough and they say 20AM max per transaction, 5 transactions per day, 100AM max per collector.I purchased two in the same transaction and only 20AM showed up so I'm out 20AM, :( . Not the end of the world as I was doing the purchase to get over the $700 mark for the BMO bonus with Round-up.

Is the Shell GC offer a targeted one or is it open to all collectors?

I got the V-Power one too but I would have to be on very empty to make this work (Toyota Yaris) and also not worth it to me as I use the cheapest level of gas,,not V-Power.
Hugs
Mel

I passed on this one last time, I usually buy regular. In regards to fill-ups, after being caught short a few times, I bought a gas can and take it occasionally when I think I may not get to the minimum. However, I still managed to miss a fill up this year, no gas can and could only get in 23.8L.

Hmmm, are there two Shell GC promos that can be combined right now? One that is loaded on my App, and the other that is part of the Round Up promo? They have different start dates, and they say they are combinable 🤔

Sigh... I've always been able to purchase other gift cards in the past with the grocery gift card. Now I wonder. I guess I'll test it buy purchasing only 1 gift card at Foodland tomorrow and seeing if I can throw in Shell gift cards with a minimal grocery purchase. If it works, I'll buy a few more. If not, then I'm done with their grocery gift cards.

I found this on Sobey's web page. "Corporate Gift Cards (“Cards”) have no value until activated. Cards are valid at participating stores in Canada. Cards can be used for all in-store purchases except another Corporate Gift Card (grocery, fuel or liquor) or as prohibited by law." I don't recall the wording in the past so I don't know if this is new or not.

That wording has been there for quite some time. It's not new. They don't have the restriction programmed into the cash so it's up to the individual cashier to enforce the rule, if they even know about it.

Is the Shell GC offer a targeted one or is it open to all collectors?

It's on their website and also the Round-up contest. It's not a targeted offer.

https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists/loyalty-and-payment/air-miles/every-day-air-miles.html
go to the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page to see specifically which GC are included.

wow...I'm really disappointed in Safeway / Sobey flyer this week. Sadly...there is not much for us in the west in there. I did notice that the magnum ice cream treats have AM attached to them. So I might buy a few of those...but other than that...not much of my money will go to Safeway this week. Guess No Frills/ Superstore will get my money this week.

I won't be participating in the latest contest either. I don't think I will even qualify for the 3 - 5 participating sponsors for some extra AM with our bmo cc. :confused3 I need better offers to spend my hard earned money on.

That wording has been there for quite some time. It's not new. They don't have the restriction programmed into the cash so it's up to the individual cashier to enforce the rule, if they even know about it.

Awesome! Then unless they start making Cashiers crack down on this I should be good. I'll test with one card tomorrow at Foodland. If it works, I'll do a bunch more.

The wording has always been there. It’s our luck if we can use the gift card to buy the Shell and LCBO gift cards. I just keep going to the ones that allow it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!