Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I was planning to take advantage of a Shell bonus I received via email, to get 1 AM
for every litre filled with vPower tomorrow. I also have a 10 cent off coupon from a recent Sobeys shop which I was hoping to use when filling up. Does anyone know if I can use both? I don't want to lose out on all those airmiles by using the coupon - my van is running on fumes I have been waiting to fill it until tomorrow to maximize my total airmiles! Thanks so much!

Reviewing the flyers, that's twenty minutes I'll never get back. Depressing! Guess we'll eat through the freezer and pantry this week. Next week Blue Friday :worship::worship:.
I agree.. this is just not an airmiles week. However next Friday for us is DISNEY FRIDAY:yay:!!!
As for a potential Blue Friday next week.... On one hand the last thing I will want to do is go Blue Friday shopping when I'm leaving for the airport at noon. On the other hand .. we all know I will.:rolleyes2
I wouldn't be going on this extremely inexpensive trip if not for airmiles ,so it just makes sense to take advantage of a Blue Friday if there is way !

Yeah the flyers are not good this week. I think I'll hit Loblaws this week to do some more PC-Disney conversions. Although my airmiles balance is sadly low after my redemptions last week. Come on, Blue Friday! (also, can't wait for our Disney tickets to show up in the mail so I can link them). The Christmas in July miles must start posting soon, right?

I was planning to take advantage of a Shell bonus I received via email, to get 1 AM
for every litre filled with vPower tomorrow. I also have a 10 cent off coupon from a recent Sobeys shop which I was hoping to use when filling up. Does anyone know if I can use both? I don't want to lose out on all those airmiles by using the coupon - my van is running on fumes I have been waiting to fill it until tomorrow to maximize my total airmiles! Thanks so much!
Yes they are 2 seperate things. You could even all the 10cent off with the 3 cent off that is at the pump right now. At least in |Aurora it is.

Wednesday flyer updates are complete in the first post now and here's the ones not provided by Mel. I agree with everyone that they are pretty pathetic BUT we will more than likely buy a few Magnum bars at Metro -$4.99 buy 2 get 20 AM. They make something i can actually eat and that price just hovers at the "ouch, ok I'll pay that for something i can enjoy" point for me AND miles? Bonus!

Early Blurry Rexall ON Flyer

Sobey's Western Flyer
Sobey's Atlantic Flyer
Foodland Atlantic Flyer
Co-op Atlantic Flyer
IGA Quebec Flyer
IGA Western Flyer
Safeway Western Flyer

I seen the General Mills offer for this week...spend 20 get 40 AM. I MIGHT do that one. Not sure yet. I will have to take a look in the pantry, But it is pretty pathetic for offers so far for October. I was on a roll...but seem to have come to a abrupt halt :sad2: :crazy2:

I feel like there might be some stacking options for Sobeys ON. Buy $100, get 100 AMs, the baby offer (spend $50 get 100 AMs), the General Mills offer (spend $20 get 40 AMs), plus a few other product offers. That's possible to do, right?

I feel like there might be some stacking options for Sobeys ON. Buy $100, get 100 AMs, the baby offer (spend $50 get 100 AMs), the General Mills offer (spend $20 get 40 AMs), plus a few other product offers. That's possible to do, right?
Sobeys is a tough one. I might work and should work. Need to check fine print. If no where then I would fight it.

My Safeway My Offers has a spend $100 get 100 AM. It would be great if this will stack with the flyer coupon for spend $100 get 100 AM. I find sometimes the threshold ones stack and sometimes they don’t with the Safeway My Offers.

Those are all flyer offers so yes, they *should* stack! Just read the fine print to be sure but I don't think you'll have any trouble. Happy shopping!

***ETA -- I'm referring to the coupon that's on the flyer not any loaded threshold spends BTW, those tend to be a bit trickier

Last edited:
Those particular offers should all stack without issue. Oops, just saw the Donald beat me to the answer.

Last edited:
Shell, I did the Shell GO+ today, 10 cents off + 3 cents off a litre + 61 airmiles.

Sobeys, since it's a slow airmiles week coming up I did the Pepsi/Bubly offer b3 @ $3.99 get 25 airmiles. There are 6+ products on for buy 2 get $2 off (large sign), so ended up paying $2.99 for 4 and $3.99 for 2, total 50 airmiles.

Yeah the flyers are not good this week. I think I'll hit Loblaws this week to do some more PC-Disney conversions. Although my airmiles balance is sadly low after my redemptions last week. Come on, Blue Friday! (also, can't wait for our Disney tickets to show up in the mail so I can link them). The Christmas in July miles must start posting soon, right?
I didn't miss this post, just forgot to actually hit POST REPLY! Had to look when I'm at my laptop and the phone rang which led to me leaving the room and, yeah, my mind is like a sieve most days :P

The timeline for this promo is:

• any base miles from transactions - 60 days so the day for the last of those to post was Sept 27th
  • any bonus miles from transactions - 75 so last day for those to post was Oct 11th
  • the big bonus for completing 2 transactions (50 miles), 3 transactions (300 miles) 5 transactions (500 miles) - 120 days which isn't until Nov 25th

They usually wrap up these big promos before the next one starts and that *should* be Shop the Block which historically has been mid-November.

****ETA, just like any of these promos, if you're missing any transactions there isn't any good reason to contact them yet because you will still need to contact them to give you the big promo amount. Doesn't matter if they tell you they've "added a note to your account" that's crap! I'm missing one transaction from Well .ca that i did on July 28th @ 10:48 pm (nothing like a literal 11th-hour shopping trip!) and I'm just gonna wait it out at this point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts