Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I certainly do agree with you. $500 shouldn't be a huge deal breaker, and as I mentioned above, there is 6 weeks to the intended travel date. That's enough time for me to purge my house and see what some unused stuff might be worth to someone. But, you do make another point. Having a contingency plan/fund is essential and I too know this first hand. Last trip to WDW the airline misplaced my luggage and I was forced to replace my essentials for 4 days, and it took 2 months to get reimbursed.

LOL, that's nothing. Try having one of your kids hospitalized for 8 days and needing to fly someone in to help you and to take the other kid home. There's no reimbursement for that. My OOP was over $5000. Thankfully we were still in Canada so most of the medical costs we were able to arrange to be sent directly to OHIP.

This morning when buying a $200.00 Sobeys card I received not just the 100 airmiles but a *My Offers spend 150.00 get 65 airmiles!!!That has never happened for me because the T&C say you can't earn miles on Gift card purchases but hey I'm not complaining.Instead of picking and choosing I think I'll load them all from now on.

Did you purchase a standard brown Sobey's card or another one? I have the same offer loaded and it didn't redeem. Last promo, I bought some of the Sobeys giftcards with the Blue Jay logo on them and the loaded threshold offer redeemed.

Hi Jacqueline
I just wanted to let you know that I tried sending a Starbucks 20$ e voucher from son's account and so far I am not getting the e voucher,,,been hours and also got the same message you did when I tried to re send.
Dang....
Hugs
Mel

Hi Hon
Yep I just checked and it's a blue Jays one.
Hugs
Mel

Which store if you don't mind me asking??? I haven't seen Blue Jay ones in a long time. I'm away until Tuesday but maybe could road trip next week. I live near Guelph but am in Oakville/Mississauga somewhat regularly.

Did you purchase a standard brown Sobey's card or another one? I have the same offer loaded and it didn't redeem. Last promo, I bought some of the Sobeys giftcards with the Blue Jay logo on them and the loaded threshold offer redeemed.
Hi Hon
Yep I just checked and it's a blue Jays one.
Hugs
Mel

Well that's interesting. I may purchase more on my husband's card. If I do I'll try to remember to look for the Blue Jay's ones and let you know if it works for me.

I purchased several gift cards at Foodland yesterday in Van Kleek Hill. All separate transactions, not one transaction showing the Airmiles. There is a reference to a marketing promo 6. Not sure why all these stores can’t all just show the miles. Do we have to wait 120 days to chase them down?
I'm in the same boat. I mentioned it at the store when the first on didn't show up. The store will manually add them to my account if they AM aren't automatically added to my account with next weeks posting of AM. I don't think we should have to wait 120 days to chase them down. If you argue that the Foodland purchase was needed as part of the Round-up contest they should do something before the draw of the prizes for the contest. Otherwise why did I bother going to Foodland for the GC. I could have just purchased 2 more at Sobeys. That's my arguement and I'm sticking with it. :-)

Thought I don't currently have enough airmiles to do anything with at the moment, I am wondering when we'll be able to use them to book cruises through redtag... it says "later in 2019" and we're well over half way through now. After this Disney trip we'll probably be sticking to cruises for awhile and hoping to go on one this coming winter. Wondering if anyone has heard anything?

Which store if you don't mind me asking??? I haven't seen Blue Jay ones in a long time. I'm away until Tuesday but maybe could road trip next week. I live near Guelph but am in Oakville/Mississauga somewhat regularly.
Hi
Mississauga
Tenth Line Erin Mills /Meadowvale store
https://www.sobeys.com/en/stores/sobeys-mississauga/
I think I cleared out all the $25.00 shell cards though,,are some $50 and $100 left.
Hugs
Mel

Just an FYI...someone in "that" group on FB posted today that yesterday she upgraded her 7 day no expiry along with a 5 day AM ticket towards a WDW AP and only had to pay OOP $145. She actually posted her receipt to show that her AP cost $855 + $52.20 tax and she was given credit of $709.86 towards the AP. I was surprised to see on her receipt that her AP only cost $855 when the WDW website says $1,119 for the platinum pass. Even more surprised that Disney allowed her to combine 2 tickets towards the price of the AP. I have printed out her picture of her receipt and will definitely inquire about the price if I am charged more than $855 + tax for my AP when we go to upgrade.

Hi
Mississauga
Tenth Line Erin Mills /Meadowvale store
https://www.sobeys.com/en/stores/sobeys-mississauga/
I think I cleared out all the $25.00 shell cards though,,are some $50 and $100 left.
Hugs
Mel

Thanks for sharing. Yes I know where that is, been there a couple of times. I'm really just interested in a couple of sobeys cards and likely a $100 shell. I find the higher denomination gas cards easier to work with. I'll let you know if I make it there. Thank you again.

Just an FYI...someone in "that" group on FB posted today that yesterday she upgraded her 7 day no expiry along with a 5 day AM ticket towards a WDW AP and only had to pay OOP $145. She actually posted her receipt to show that her AP cost $855 + $52.20 tax and she was given credit of $709.86 towards the AP. I was surprised to see on her receipt that her AP only cost $855 when the WDW website says $1,119 for the platinum pass. Even more surprised that Disney allowed her to combine 2 tickets towards the price of the AP. I have printed out her picture of her receipt and will definitely inquire about the price if I am charged more than $855 + tax for my AP when we go to upgrade.

Found out more to the story...because we all know that there is always more to the story...apparently the $855.20 AP price, was after the 4 day Canadian Ticket price that was purchased as part of the person's package was applied to the pass....then Disney allowed her to use both a 7 day non expiring ticket AND a 5 day flex ticket towards the purchase of her pass. So "technically" she claims she was able to use the value of 3 tickets towards the purchase of her AP, along with $145 cash. Either Disney is allowing this now or the person got a CM who majorly granted pixie dust....

Found out more to the story...because we all know that there is always more to the story...apparently the $855.20 AP price, was after the 4 day Canadian Ticket price that was purchased as part of the person's package was applied to the pass....then Disney allowed her to use both a 7 day non expiring ticket AND a 5 day flex ticket towards the purchase of her pass. So "technically" she claims she was able to use the value of 3 tickets towards the purchase of her AP, along with $145 cash. Either Disney is allowing this now or the person got a CM who majorly granted pixie dust....
Well that might sound good. But combining 3 tickets plus cash. Sounds like the mouse got the better of the deal. Plus got ridnof one more non expire ticket.

Well that might sound good. But combining 3 tickets plus cash. Sounds like the mouse got the better of the deal. Plus got rid of one more non expire ticket.

I agree....she only got $710 US value for a 7 day no expire ticket + a 5 day flex ticket...so yes, you are right Mouse got the better deal...my surprise was the $855.20 for the Platinum Pass that was on her receipt, she never said that was with the value of the 4 day Canadian Resident deal already subtracted from the $1,119 AP price.....crunching the numbers, you are right, not a deal at all, except if you look at the fact that the 7 day and 5 day tickets cost nothing OOP as they were with AM...but still...based on Disney's current prices, the 5 day flex ticket should be worth $574 US, so it looks like Disney only gave her $136 US for her 7 day no expire ticket and she had to pay another $145.35 in cash.

I agree....she only got $710 US value for a 7 day no expire ticket + a 5 day flex ticket...so yes, you are right Mouse got the better deal...my surprise was the $855.20 for the Platinum Pass that was on her receipt, she never said that was with the value of the 4 day Canadian Resident deal already subtracted from the $1,119 AP price.....crunching the numbers, you are right, not a deal at all, except if you look at the fact that the 7 day and 5 day tickets cost nothing OOP as they were with AM...but still...based on Disney's current prices, the 5 day flex ticket should be worth $574 US, so it looks like Disney only gave her $136 US for her 7 day no expire ticket and she had to pay another $145.35 in cash.

To me it looks like she actually only traded in one ticket, the 7 day. Wouldn't the value of that be approximately $710? Her receipt does not break down what the $710 was so its likely that it is only the value of the one ticket and either the other 5 day is still in her account of they just wrote it off without her knowing. There is no way that they would value both tickets at $710. I still think she is wrong but that's just my thought.

I don't think the 7 day tickets were valued that high - they were Canadian resident tickets offered by AM about 1-2 years ago that did not have an expiration date...I want to say that they were worth $350-$400. I know we were able to upgrade our 7 tickets to PH and it was not very much to do so (like $56 per ticket). I will be upgrading a 7 day WDW flex ticket and a 5 day WDW flext ticket to APs in November and I will report back with the prices...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!