Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I see us redeeming for the 3 Day flex ticket as well, depending on how they value it. We'd be dropping the flexible date part at guest services and exchanging it for 3day hoppers or 8day tickets as we usually go in low season. I can also see us redeeming for the 7day flex tickets exchanging for aps or scrapping the tickets all together and using personal shopper for the party event tickets instead (if personal shopper continues).

@bababear_50, I made it to your Sobeys today, gps said 11 minutes out of my way (I was in Oakville), I think it was more like 20 as I took the QEW in the lovely traffic. Bought 3 giftcards one on each of 3 accounts, the threshold offers redeemed for all and I ended up with an extra 210 airmiles. After checking two giftcard racks at different ends of the store and in front of every cash, I bought one Shell $100 card (the only one) and a Shell $50 (maybe 7 of those in total) and a few groceries. No other Shell giftcards to be found.

So thank you so much, it made my day.

Used our Calypso AM tickets today. Phew I am waterlogged but boy did kiddo have fun! I told him the park closed at 5 so we weren't there open to actual close... bad mama! But he now thinks we should get season passes for next year. I am hoping the Disney water parks are as much fun, and am going to have to shuffle our two water park days since I had us leaving by 3 to do a change at the hotel then hit a park/dinner. If he wants to actually close them, we won't make it. Looks like I won't be getting to use my FOP FP (maybe?) and am struggling to find a replacement for Cape May buffet, we want one (preferrably seafood) close to Epcot or close to HS, though then we'd do that the first night. We only have the one sit down meal booked. Everything else will be QS. Any way! The tickets were a good value for us, still had to pay for parking and a locker, and many hot dogs (they were so good, apparently).

Still need to work on getting the AM back up, but will focus on that after our trip (which is in 11 days).

Oh the Disney Water Parks are incredible. You will love them. One pro tip is to bring water shoes, the lazy river bottom killed all of our feet

Our feet are roughed up from walking around the park barefoot, we are not used to that :) I don't want our feet beat up at Disney though, they get enough abuse walking so much every day! I've moved our dining plan so we can open to close the water parks twice (once each). Going to try Garden Grove for dinner, hoping it's good!

Used our Calypso AM tickets today. Phew I am waterlogged but boy did kiddo have fun! I told him the park closed at 5 so we weren't there open to actual close... bad mama! But he now thinks we should get season passes for next year. I am hoping the Disney water parks are as much fun, and am going to have to shuffle our two water park days since I had us leaving by 3 to do a change at the hotel then hit a park/dinner. If he wants to actually close them, we won't make it. Looks like I won't be getting to use my FOP FP (maybe?) and am struggling to find a replacement for Cape May buffet, we want one (preferrably seafood) close to Epcot or close to HS, though then we'd do that the first night. We only have the one sit down meal booked. Everything else will be QS. Any way! The tickets were a good value for us, still had to pay for parking and a locker, and many hot dogs (they were so good, apparently).

Still need to work on getting the AM back up, but will focus on that after our trip (which is in 11 days).
Having been to both I can say that the Disney Waterparks blow Calypso out of the water. Some of the rides may be similar but the theming is over the top at Disney. He's going to love them.

@bababear_50, I made it to your Sobeys today, gps said 11 minutes out of my way (I was in Oakville), I think it was more like 20 as I took the QEW in the lovely traffic. Bought 3 giftcards one on each of 3 accounts, the threshold offers redeemed for all and I ended up with an extra 210 airmiles. After checking two giftcard racks at different ends of the store and in front of every cash, I bought one Shell $100 card (the only one) and a Shell $50 (maybe 7 of those in total) and a few groceries. No other Shell giftcards to be found.

So thank you so much, it made my day.

Hi Hon
I am glad you made it.
Nice work getting the extra miles!!!
Hugs to you
Mel

The first waterparks I ever went to were the two Disney ones. They are fantastic! Our kids were 11 and 6 and loved them. We had a blast. We went for park opening and stayed until around 4 pm, then changed and headed out to dinner. By the way, for the tidal wave pool area - unless Disney has changed the pavement be careful. It's rough. I guess to give your feet a grip. I read that on DIS but didn't have a chance to warn my daughter before she charged into the water. The very first wave swept her against the pavement and scraped up her leg a few inches.

Melt-away Bay at Blizzard Beach was my favorite. You float around in tubes and they send out waves (not as rough as Typhoon Lagoon) that send you bobbing around. Fun!

After Disney's waterparks we tried the Wild Water Kingdom in Brampton (now Wet'n'Wild) which was good but not as fun. Then Calypso and we loved it as well.

Had to stop at Safeway on the way home for milk. It was on the way - that had no road construction. I too a quick peek around as it was getting close to the 5:00 rush and I always try to be out before that madness happens.

I picked up some bandaids ( good thing I jammed my finger and nearly tore off my nail in the process so it is now covered with multiple bandaids several changes a day) and scored some Jr advil for son #2 who can't swallow regular pills yet. So for less than 20 bucks i scored 26 AM. I'll take it since the AM offerings seem to be pathetic at best lately.

Sobeys Ontario Flyer--no Blue Friday :(:(:(:(
spend 100 get 100 airmiles
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10012/1325894?page=12
Sobeys Urban Fresh
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10092/1325898

Foodland Ontario Flyer
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10016/1325896?page=2

Metro
4 day promo
buy $50.00 app store i tunes gift card get 75 airmiles
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10017/1326290?page=3

Well I will take a walk through Sobeys just to see if there are any in store airmile specials,,,,but so far from a quick scan I don't see anything for me.

Maybe Rexall will have something good...I was looking to stock up on a few things but right now Giant Tiger has better deals.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
My Shell Go+ offer was V-Power 25L+ for 50 miles. I was running on fumes last night. I put 25L in this morning and received 60 miles on my receipt. The V-power cost $1.469/L and the regular was either $1.16 or $1.19.

I'm not sure where the other 10 miles came from. I only purchased gas. Back in the middle of July I received an offer that said 10 miles for each 25+ until the end of August if I opted in. I opted in (and have the screenshots!) but so far I have not received those 10 miles on any fill-ups. Maybe it finally worked. I keep my receipts and track them. So far Air Miles owes me 9 bonus miles x 7 fill-ups.

As of today I'm waiting for Air Miles to post 906 miles.

Ohh and get this... All those Shell gift cards I picked up this past week. Did I think of putting a few in my wallet? No... :headache: I did not want to pay $37 by debit when I have a stack of Shell cards at home. Thankfully the owners and I talk often and she was kind to tell the Cashier it was ok for me to go home and bring back the gift cards. :oops: LOL

Well, i FINALLY got an email from AM with my Sobey's e-voucher .. however, all it included is a voucher# and a PIN, any idea what I'm supposed to actually DO WITH THIS!?!?!?

ETA -- I finally got someone thru the online chat who knew what to do! Lori told me to DOUBLE CLICK on the resend voucher, that has been the solution since day one that they were supposed to tell people who were having trouble. Why on earth it took almost an entire WEEK to get someone who actually knew this is beyond me :headache:

Last edited:
Thought i should post SOMETHING or I'll get kicked out of my own thread for truancy 🤪 I'm slowly working thru a very restrictive elimination diet, made it all the way up to 7 safe foods (and that's only because I'm counting milk butter and cheese as 3 separate items!) and I'm exhausted & overwhelmed by the process. Doesn't leave me much head space to do more than read thru the posts and comment if someone else hasn't already answered -- THANKS to everyone for stepping up and helping each other out.

Jacqueline...I sure hope that you can find a few more items you can eat without causing your tummy to revolte. I want you to have a fan- friggintastic time on your hard earned Disney Vacation. At least you have some time to find more foods that you can eat while down there. Having tummy troubles would not be fun to deal with while your there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!