Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Jacqueline...I sure hope that you can find a few more items you can eat without causing your tummy to revolte. I want you to have a fan- friggintastic time on your hard earned Disney Vacation. At least you have some time to find more foods that you can eat while down there. Having tummy troubles would not be fun to deal with while your there
It's not so much the tummy right now but rather the sudden appearance of some allergic-like reactions. I've been getting welts in my mouth and having my tongue & lips swell, NOT a good thing at all! I'm carrying around an epi-pen now and trying to figure out what's causing this. So far Jasmine rice (yes, plain white rice!!) & eggs are clear cut Nos and a few questions surrounding carrots, peanuts and oats. They want me to gradually add in more foods but to avoid adding in a bunch of things that might irritate the rest of my GI system.

It has made planning our meals a nightmare, luckily we tend to fly by the seat of our pants and prefer the resorts for eating. I'm gonna miss some of my favourite snacks but NOTHING tastes good enough to be sick.

Just sharing
I have been tossing the idea of a new pet ever since my sister got a new puppy........................
talked myself down a few times .....till this weekend when I decided I wanted a Betta Fish,,,,,,,,,,,so I got a new tank,,plants treasure chest,,Betta Hammock,,food,water conditioner,,etc.
Today I picked up my new friend _______________ he is a male crowntail Betta,,blue/ red/purple,,I haven't named him yet but he seems to love his new home.
Now I can actually get some airmiles at Global Pet.

1565800076055.png

Hugs
Mel

Just sharing
I have been tossing the idea of a new pet ever since my sister got a new puppy........................
talked myself down a few times .....till this weekend when I decided I wanted a Betta Fish,,,,,,,,,,,so I got a new tank,,plants treasure chest,,Betta Hammock,,food,water conditioner,,etc.
Today I picked up my new friend _______________ he is a male crowntail Betta,,blue/ red/purple,,I haven't named him yet but he seems to love his new home.

View attachment 425677

Hugs
Mel
WOW, he's gorgeous! I think he should be Bruce, ala Finding Nemo 🦈

Just sharing

View attachment 425677

Hugs
Mel

We had a Betta fish, his name was Ace. I think I overfed him and he only survived two years with us. But he was fun! My cats loved to watch him swim around. So pretty.

It's not so much the tummy right now but rather the sudden appearance of some allergic-like reactions. I've been getting welts in my mouth and having my tongue & lips swell, NOT a good thing at all! I'm carrying around an epi-pen now and trying to figure out what's causing this. So far Jasmine rice (yes, plain white rice!!) & eggs are clear cut Nos and a few questions surrounding carrots, peanuts and oats. They want me to gradually add in more foods but to avoid adding in a bunch of things that might irritate the rest of my GI system.

It has made planning our meals a nightmare, luckily we tend to fly by the seat of our pants and prefer the resorts for eating. I'm gonna miss some of my favourite snacks but NOTHING tastes good enough to be sick.
Sorry to hear this! I hope you feel better soon and enjoy your Disney vacation as much as possible.

Just sharing

View attachment 425677

Hugs
Mel
I love the colours! He is a handsome one!!

I went to Foodland for two grocery gift cards under my husband's air miles card.

The first card she forgot to scan the coupon so the receipt doesn't show the 100 miles. She called someone over to "make it right" and add them manually.

While we were waiting, she processed the transaction for the second gift card. I do not know what happened but that receipt shows 200 miles! :-)

By this time the second lady came over, scanned my husband's air miles card and gave me a receipt showing 100 miles manually added.

Hopefully all 300 miles will be posted to his account!

If anyone else hasn't downloaded the Sobey's app, now's the time to do that! I've done it for both cards -- just sign in with one card, then click on the 3 dots at the top right and change the Airmiles number. Not sure if that will work or not but I figure it's worth a try!
View attachment 425696
I just did this. Will delete once the miles post as we’re Safeway out here in the West so of course it couldn’t find a store based on my postal code. Worth a try for the extra AM though.

I just had a bunch of airmiles post to my account but it doesn't explain in the transaction list what they are for?? Weird.....probably a computer glitch.
Hugs
Mel

If anyone else hasn't downloaded the Sobey's app, now's the time to do that! I've done it for both cards -- just sign in with one card, then click on the 3 dots at the top right and change the Airmiles number. Not sure if that will work or not but I figure it's worth a try!
View attachment 425696

Like Cari12, I don't have Sobey's near me but have downloaded the app and I'll cross my fingers that it works! :)

Just sharing

View attachment 425677

Hugs
Mel
That one's really pretty. We had one that died while we were in Cuba at Christmas. His name was Theodore Hemmingway and he was just short of his second birthday. My oldest started texting me saying that the fish looked weird and she thought he might die. Sure enough the next morning he was floating at the top.....and not in a way that was one of his normal tricks. I told her to put him in a Ziploc, in the freezer until we got home.....her sister wanted to have a funeral. YES, the 20yo wanted to have a funeral for her fish. They played Danny Boy as the flush began.

View attachment 425696

Thanks! I just did that for my daughter's card.

That one's really pretty. We had one that died while we were in Cuba at Christmas. His name was Theodore Hemmingway and he was just short of his second birthday. My oldest started texting me saying that the fish looked weird and she thought he might die. Sure enough the next morning he was floating at the top.....and not in a way that was one of his normal tricks. I told her to put him in a Ziploc, in the freezer until we got home.....her sister wanted to have a funeral. YES, the 20yo wanted to have a funeral for her fish. They played Danny Boy as the flush began.

My 20 year old girl and 15 year old boy had a funeral for her hamster a few weeks ago. Rootbeer is buried in our backyard. My son made a cross out of sticks, wrapped pink rope around it and put it in the ground. Gotta love 'em.

My 20 year old girl and 15 year old boy had a funeral for her hamster a few weeks ago. Rootbeer is buried in our backyard. My son made a cross out of sticks, wrapped pink rope around it and put it in the ground. Gotta love 'em.

Okay, so here is a story from a couple of years ago, when our son was 11. I should preface this story by saying that our son is autistic so while he feels things quite deeply, he sometimes takes a while to process how he is feeling.

So, we are really good friends with our next door neighbours, we actually share a driveway and a large backyard. They had two wiener dogs that we used to watch all the time, in fact the dogs thought they just had one home that happened to be split between two houses. A couple of years ago one of the dogs, Finnegan, got sick with lymphoma and sadly passed away. The night he died we knew he was going to go very soon so our friends said that we should go over if we wanted to say goodbye. We all did and our son went over, gave the dog a pat on the head and said "bye Finnegan" and then walked out.

Shortly after, I had to go out so the rest of the story was told to me by my husband.

Finnegan passed away just a few minutes after I left and since my friend is a nurse, they decided it was not necessary for them to bring the dog into the vet to confirm it. They had also decided to bury Finnegan in their side of the backyard. So, they hold a funeral right away. So, here you have my friend, her son (not quite 13 at the time) and her husband plus my husband and son. Everything was going okay, they dug a hole, said a few words and then came the time to put the dog into the hole...as soon as they do this, the penny drops with my son and he realizes that this means that Finnegan is dead. Well, my son bursts into tears and yells out as loud as he can "WHY ARE YOU RUINING MY LIFE?" My friend's son, who has been crying this whole time starts freaking out and just sobbing.

My husband rushes our kid inside.

They still have the second weiner dog but she is getting quite old now. Our son is 14 now but I dread how he is going to deal with her funeral. (Also, I love the dog and I am going to be crushed when she dies. :sad: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!