Airmiles Armchair Chatter

The tickets for the CNE are around 400am. That includes rides. Does it covers shows and stuff? I've never been. And is it an all day thing? We would only have 4-5 hours. I want to via rail from Windsor and stop there and take a later train to Niagara. Is it worth the miles? 1300am appox for the 3 of us.

The tickets for the CNE are around 400am. That includes rides. Does it covers shows and stuff? I've never been. And is it an all day thing? We would only have 4-5 hours. I want to via rail from Windsor and stop there and take a later train to Niagara. Is it worth the miles? 1300am appox for the 3 of us.
Yes, shows are included. Is it worth it? That’s a subjective answer. Some will say yes others no way. IMO, if you have an all inclusive ride pass and like the rides then yes. You could easily spend a few hours just on rides. Aside from that there just isn’t a whole lot there anymore. However, that’s coming from someone who growing up went 4-5 times a year but stopped about 15 years ago and now goes only once and not every year. Since you’ve never been I think you should go but with no expectations. No expectations = no disappointment.

If you do opt to go don’t miss the Superdogs show...make sure to get there a good 30 min early to get a seat. Also the ice show is pretty good. If you are there over Labour Day weekend there is also the Air Show in the afternoon but it goes on for a long time...I can’t remember exactly how long but more than an hour.

4-5 hours is a touch light on time...6 is better and the grounds don’t even open until 10am.

Last edited:
In all honesty I did not know that the email I got spend 25 get 25 at Metro was going to be a wait and see kind of offer,,,the list I am amassing for we will post at a later date for Airmiles is growing and growing,,,I even have to keep a list. (Waiting for 5 offers to post).
If Rexall can post fast why do we have to wait for these other offers?,,ok enough ranting on and on.
Hugs
Mel

Took a quick look at the Round Up offers for BC, nothing too great and entries to the draw are not motivating for me. I opted in for the BMO MasterCard offer- should easily do the $350 at partners, $700 is a stretch but I’m not going out of my way for it. I’ll also do the Safeway buy $200 gift card get 100 AM. Not the best return on gift cards we’ve seen but I will spend these so might as well get this bonus.

My Morning Chat
Shell has a limit on what can be made on Airmiles for Gift Cards.

Thanks for contacting AIR MILES. A representative will be with you shortly.6:48 AM
KARL Connected6:48 AM

KARLHello Melanie, how may I assist you today?6:49 AM
MELANIE Hi I did not receive the proper miles for a purchase from shell I bought 2 $50.00 Keg gift cards and should have received 20 bonus airmiles for each card but only received 5 for each one so I am missing a total of 30 airmiles. Shell at Thomas street Aug 4th paid via mastercard.
Also Airmiles Roundup promo is directing me to a sign that say the Mega Miles Promo has ended,,
6:52 AM

KARLI can definitely understand your concern Melanie and am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of the Shell Gift Card Offer. I do believe that Bonus Miles for your purchase will be posted separately but am going to check into this for you in a couple of minutes.
Can I please ask you to confirm if your email address is: ?
6:53 AM

MELANIE hi this is the 4 gift card purchase there (Shell) and all the rest have posted right away on the receipt except this time.
yes that is my email address
6:53 AM

KARLMelanie, I have just sent an email to our IT Team informing them that we are all unable to access the Round Up Contest Offers and terms/conditions. I am pretty sure this matter will be fixed in a couple of hours and I apologize very sincerely for the inconvenience caused. Thank you very much once again for bringing this to our notice.6:54 AM
MELANIE No problem 6:55 AM

KARLThank you for your patience Melanie. I have just checked the terms and conditions of the Shell Gift Cards Offer and can inform you that every Collector is only able to earn a maximum of 100 Bonus AIR MILES through this Promotion. Since you have already made 5 purchases to earn the 100 Miles, you will not be eligible to earn any additional Bonus Miles when you purchase Gift Cards.
I am sorry that I have to share this information with you this morning and know it is not what you want to hear. Thanks for your understanding in this matter Melanie.

Oh well
Hugs
Mel

Yes, shows are included. Is it worth it? That’s a subjective answer. Some will say yes others no way. IMO, if you have an all inclusive ride pass and like the rides then yes. You could easily spend a few hours just on rides. Aside from that there just isn’t a whole lot there anymore. However, that’s coming from someone who growing up went 4-5 times a year but stopped about 15 years ago and now goes only once and not every year. Since you’ve never been I think you should go but with no expectations. No expectations = no disappointment.

If you do opt to go don’t miss the Superdogs show...make sure to get there a good 30 min early to get a seat. Also the ice show is pretty good. If you are there over Labour Day weekend there is also the Air Show in the afternoon but it goes on for a long time...I can’t remember exactly how long but more than an hour.

4-5 hours is a touch light on time...6 is better and the grounds don’t even open until 10am.
Thanks!

Just checked the new promotion and it still isn't fixed. I got sent to Mega Miles from March.

Sorry to hear about the GC ordeal Mel. I wonder if they will be putting limits on all GC offers from here on in. I hope not.

i agree that this promo is really not the greatest we’ve seen. the offers available in my region are honestly really weird, including a boxing gear store?

i’m not going out of my way to participate. i think i’ll make 3 without trying, and possibly all 5, but the possible prize instead of a plain old reward is not at all motivating.

After first run through the promo, my list is as follows:

BMO opt-in: My BMO cc gives 1% return, adding this promo would be 2.43%, slightly higher than my regular cc which gives me 2%.

Sobeys: I've been hoping for a gift card promo, disappointing return but I'll take it, I'm almost out of gift cards. I'll likely pay for some with my BMO cc.

Shell: I know this offer isn't new but I haven't used it yet. Husband and daughter have in-store offers and I already planned to pick up a couple Amazon gift cards before the promo ends.

Airmilesshops: Pretty sure I'm passing unless there is something I need quickly/awesome deal on. The round-up offer goes until August 19 which ends way to early to entice many back to school buyers. I think there will a second Back to School airmilesshops promo or at least a second round-up offer beginning August 20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter