Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I actually don’t know who loves disney more, me or my wife. It’s great to share excitement and planning and everything with my partner. Buuuuuut...it also means that we end up talking each other into trips all the time! We’re basically always in planning mode.

Our next trip will probably be in 2 years (just before the kiddo turns 3). That’s a loooooong time for two disney lovers to plan. Two weeks ago, I decided we would have a great time in an Art of Animation suite. Last week, my wife said we should just buy a DVC contract. We always level out and make the trip something fun that fits our budget, but the planning can definitely balloon...

Relationship goals! I love it!!!!

Yes. As an Onyx member Air Miles can order you anything that they can order online. The quote is good for 2 weeks.

For reference, my tickets on the 2nd cost $79 US each. I see on your date it's $85 US each. So your quote will most likely be higher. Someone on Facebook (13 weeks ago) posted she asked for 1 adult 1 child for Aug 30th and was quoted 2,575 air miles.

I spent $5-6 (2 ice creams) at Shell tonight and picked up 10 air miles. So as soon as they post, I'll ask Air Miles to order the tickets for me.

My husband needs about 87 miles and then we can order 2 more MNSSHP tickets on his card plus the 4 Universal Studio promo tickets.

I just got my quote, 2500 for the tickets. So I am jumping on that! I wonder if they get mailed or what... either way, I'm very happy so thank you so much for mentioning this because even though I know, and have read, that people get quotes for things, I never would have thought to do this for MNSSHP! and we will have such a fun time at the party on the last night of our trip now :) :) :)

I have a spend $50 get 80 AM Rexall coupon in my email this morning, 3 days only. I do need some stuff from there in the next week or two, but will wait and see if another good coupon comes out that will stack. doesn't seem like the best return on investment (for Rexall).

Luckily that's in a different part of France, I think in Paris it's quite similar to here. Makes packing difficult though, we need summer stuff for some countries and cooler stuff for Iceland and Sweden!

OMG have a great time. Is the heatwave over there subsiding?

I can totally relate. We're all flying to Paris this Friday. DH will stay there and do all the boring museum stuff alone...but the kids and I are going to Disneyland Paris :smickey:
Luckily that's in a different part of France, I think in Paris it's quite similar to here. Makes packing difficult though, we need summer stuff for some countries and cooler stuff for Iceland and Sweden!

Wow, that's amazing! Have a great time and post lots of photos for us when you come back!

I just got my quote, 2500 for the tickets. So I am jumping on that! I wonder if they get mailed or what... either way, I'm very happy so thank you so much for mentioning this because even though I know, and have read, that people get quotes for things, I never would have thought to do this for MNSSHP! and we will have such a fun time at the party on the last night of our trip now :) :) :)
Awesome and you're welcome! I'm glad it worked out for you. Someone mentioned getting this quote on Facebook and that's how I found out as well.

I just wanted to say I started a trip (pre-trip) report on the Universal boards as we leave in 7 weeks. In it I listed everything I was able to pay for using Air Miles, PC Optimum, and survey money. I'm so excited/happy at how much I was able to save, thereby cutting the cost of our trip. Without those savings, there is no way we would be going to Universal in a few weeks! Thank you to everyone for sharing all the Air Miles / PC Optimum tips!

You know that you are obsessed with collecting AM when you get a special Shell offer for July 10 for 1 AM for every L of gas and you try to push your vehicle to empty so you can maximize the number of AM. I have had my van since 2009 and this is the first time I received a message on my dash that said "Low Fuel"...so I stopped at my local Shell and put 10L in to get me to Wednesday because I was too afraid to be stranded.

You know that you are obsessed with collecting AM when you get a special Shell offer for July 10 for 1 AM for every L of gas and you try to push your vehicle to empty so you can maximize the number of AM. I have had my van since 2009 and this is the first time I received a message on my dash that said "Low Fuel"...so I stopped at my local Shell and put 10L in to get me to Wednesday because I was too afraid to be stranded.

I know completely what you mean. Mine needed gas this morning and I only put $5 in. That should get me through today and tomorrow. I want those Air Miles. 😊

I know completely what you mean. Mine needed gas this morning and I only put $5 in. That should get me through today and tomorrow. I want those Air Miles. 😊
Yeah!!! glad to know I am not alone!!!!! I thought about $5 but was scared I would get the warning message again!!!!

I didn't get the Shell offer for July 10. I couldn't have used it anyway as we don't go through a tank that quickly these days and both vehicles were filled up last week.

I have the 1 air mile bonus mile for every litre tomorrow, and my husband has the 50 air miles bonus miles for 25+L of V-power tomorrow.

This just popped into my inbox:

"Use your Air Miles Dream Miles to order any dream reward between July 8 and August 4, 2019, and for every mile you use, you'll get 1 entry for a chance to win 1 of 3 prizes. Grand prize $5,000 redtag.ca gift card; second prize 5,000 miles, 3rd prize 2,000 miles. The more miles you use towards merchandise, travel, events and attractions, the more chances you'll get to win. Please note your contest entry is automatic. You won't receive any confirmation of contest entry after using your dream miles."

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/Splas...ch-_-UseMiles-EN&loggedIn=t&_requestid=278095
Rules: https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/Splas...-_Launch-_-Contest-Rules-EN&_requestid=278650
(see rules for a no-purchase necessary method)

Hmm... I used the Personal Shopper on July 5th to order 2 MNSSHP tickets. They haven't come out of my account yet. I wonder if those 2,400 miles will count towards the contest. That will bring my air miles dream account to 0 dream miles when they are removed. James will be using 22,950 of his dream miles (again, 0 balance) this week once his Sobey's Blue Friday post.

Is anyone else having issues with the Airmiles website? For the last few days my transaction history has been empty for the "last 30 days" page, and I've most definitely earned miles. I can see them in the app, but nothing on the website.

I didn't get the Shell offer for July 10. I couldn't have used it anyway as we don't go through a tank that quickly these days and both vehicles were filled up last week.

The email from Shell actually came about 1 - 2 weeks ago...I too do not go through gas that quickly (never have my tank below 1/2) but have been running my tank down in anticipation of this promotion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!