Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Ohh I figured out the distance bit! When you get the list of hotels, at the top left hand corner there's a small section that says LIST VIEW. Click on that and it brings up a map of the area. It lists ALL the hotels! You just zoom into the area you are looking at and see what hotels are nearby. I love it! It shows the Air Miles price of each hotel right on the map as well.

I was just online checking Lake Buena Vista Hotels, and they have Disney Hotels available and bookable. Values, Moderates, Deluxe and Deluxe Villas. It is very similar to the Aeroplan hotel reward section with several brands of hotels available.

I was just online checking Lake Buena Vista Hotels, and they have Disney Hotels available and bookable. Values, Moderates, Deluxe and Deluxe Villas. It is very similar to the Aeroplan hotel reward section with several brands of hotels available.

This is exciting. Thought CBR for the week I'd like to go is 23,870 AM and that's a bit out of reach, it would perhaps be good for a day or two in combination with a cruise. Very exciting.

And thank you @Disney Addicted for pointing out the map feature, very helpful!

Oh my goodness, i just peeked at your profile and you are a freshly minted DISer! :welcome:to the boards, you've picked the BEST place to make your first port. This is a great community and we love helping each other get the most miles for our $$ Join in the hunt, ask questions & share both your successes and epic fails.
Thank you! You have such a pleasant community here. :) I should also say that I completed my fourth fill-up of 25+ litres at Shell last night and got 100 miles through that targeted promotion. My husband got the 200 miles too along with me at Rexall, so it was a 500 mile evening! I fixed my original post. Thanks again for the welcome and great job ottawamom on the training! I have been enjoying and appreciating everyone's posts for a few weeks now. Thank you, all!

I dropped by the Breakfast Program at my school today,,, and noticed a very empty pantry,,,I guess funds have dried up a bit,,,,I think I'll go to Sobeys tomorrow and pick up some cereal buy 5@ 3.99 each $19.95 get 75 airmiles and make a donation. On a great note my special airmiles cat bowl arrived in like one day and all my Metro points posted PLUS yesterday's Rexall points so the airmiles computer fund is back in good shape.
Tonight my new dining room set and carpet (Wayfair) arrived and is all unpacked and ready for assembly.
Now to change over my airmiles to Cash from Dream.
Happy Early weekend everyone
Hugs
Mel

I dropped by the Breakfast Program at my school today,,, and noticed a very empty pantry,,,I guess funds have dried up a bit,,,,I think I'll go to Sobeys tomorrow and pick up some cereal buy 5@ 3.99 each $19.95 get 75 airmiles and make a donation. On a great note my special airmiles cat bowl arrived in like one day and all my Metro points posted PLUS yesterday's Rexall points so the airmiles computer fund is back in good shape.
Tonight my new dining room set and carpet (Wayfair) arrived and is all unpacked and ready for assembly.
Now to change over my airmiles to Cash from Dream.
Happy Early weekend everyone
Hugs
Mel

Thanks! I missed that bit about the cereals in the flyer. I'll grab 5 as well.

Is there a particular computer you are wanting?

Thanks! I missed that bit about the cereals in the flyer. I'll grab 5 as well.

Is there a particular computer you are wanting?
Hi Hon
No particular computer,,I just have a feeling this will be the year my current one gives up and want to have enough airmiles to replace it, I will probably get a HP one.
Have a great day!
Hugs
Mel

Woo! 20 AM at Shell. I suspect it was one of those Nitro + promo things... cuz usually it's just 10. I see nothing really great in the flyers but we are out of milk , so shopping I go anyway...

I'm loving the new hotel portal. This is a game changer for me as well. I love the fact that we can pay in Canadian dollars too. I had been snooping around on the redtag site with my AM to use my AM...but I don't need the flight portion. I have flights covered through a our avion cc so that wasn't going to be the best bang for my buck. This was a smart move for them imo.

I checked out my mile balance...after last weeks shop where I got an extra 60 miles at Safeway. Well the posted the full 120 miles. I will take that and not complain. There have been times I didn't go back to fight for miles as it wasn't worth my time or effort. So I'll chalk this up to a win for me.

On a side note...when I logged in...my balance was higher than I thought When I checked the transactions, the hubby had collected an extra 130 miles at Shell over the weekend. He was fishing out of province with his brother, and he paid for the fuel in the boat and their travelling fuel. I was very happy to see him using his AM card at Shell for that!!!!!

:offtopic:Considering I didn't collect many miles in the first part of the year ( only a little over 2000 miles ) and their awful offerings, I'm slowly creeping up to hit Onyx again this year. I would have been sad if I didn't. I was not even at 2000 for the year in the begining of July...and now i'm already over 4000. I would have been upset it I didn't hit onyx this year...as I have the last 4 years

Ooh, I just got an offer in my email from Lawton’s - spend $35, get 35. Plus, they have a deal on halloween candy to double dip - spend $30 get 30.

I will likely do this one now and not until the last day of the offers (Thurs).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!