Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I don't understand the Sobey's evouchers. Is there anything you can do with these different from redeeming in-store? I'm reading they exclude gift card purchases:

"Grocery Gift Cards can be used for all in-store purchases except third party gift cards, corporate gift cards, Safeway fuel or as prohibited by law. "
The only thing I can think of now, is that you can give the e-voucher to someone else as a gift for them to use instead of handing them access to your cash miles for redemption.
I like having one stored on my phone for the days I'm in Toronto and want to grab a snack or something from my loaded offers. We don't load up on the gift cards when they're part of a promo because that requires actually PAYING for the darned things and we rarely shop there! This gives me the ability to get something that costs less than the $10 i need to use my cash miles IN the store and suits me perfectly. I don't need to use the entire gift card at once.

The only thing I can think of now, is that you can give the e-voucher to someone else as a gift for them to use instead of handing them access to your cash miles for redemption.

I like having one stored on my phone for the days I'm in Toronto and want to grab a snack or something from my loaded offers. We don't load up on the gift cards when they're part of a promo because that requires actually PAYING for the darned things and we rarely shop there! This gives me the ability to get something that costs less than the $10 i need to use my cash miles IN the store and suits me perfectly. I don't need to use the entire gift card at once.

Ahh, thank you both, makes a lot of sense. I stock up on Sobeys giftcards so doesn't help me at the moment.

Just checked my account. I have earned 14,115 miles this year which is my highest yearly amount to date but it does include 3,000 in bonus miles from opening a BMO AM World Elite card which I am going to cancel before the year is up so really only 11,115 actually earned (still my best lol).

They do seem to be scaling back the points though. I'm not sure if I want to keep it up into next year or not. Going to play it by ear I suppose.

Son just forwarded me a Shell one day email exclusive offer he just received. He is not GO+, actually uses transit so only gas he uses is if I scan his card occasionally. Looks like it's good for multiple transactions which is different from Shell GO+ offers.

View attachment 450976
I got this too! I'm so excited, I've been jealous of the Go+ offers! Will need to make sure both cars need gas that day!

Off topic: What do you guys use to post photos on here? Photobucket?
I'm generally very lazy (or as i like to say, I look for the easiest way to do things :P ) so mainly I use the simple "Right click, copy, right click, paste" method! I also make really good use of the "snip" tool in Windows! Then use the right click paste to plunk it down here!!
If i want to add a picture from my phone (usually a screenshot!) or that's on my computer I'll use that little "attach files" button at the bottom left of the reply box.

I got this too! I'm so excited, I've been jealous of the Go+ offers! Will need to make sure both cars need gas that day!

Yes, I was excited too, trying to help him get to Onyx. No need to be jealous of GO+, honestly, I'm the one with GO+ and the rest of my family gets more and better Shell offers.

I'm generally very lazy (or as i like to say, I look for the easiest way to do things :P ) so mainly I use the simple "Right click, copy, right click, paste" method! I also make really good use of the "snip" tool in Windows! Then use the right click paste to plunk it down here!!
If i want to add a picture from my phone (usually a screenshot!) or that's on my computer I'll use that little "attach files" button at the bottom left of the reply box.

I can't picture you as lazy, I think that's a lie.

Just got this in an email and although it said it's an exclusive offer when i foloowed the link it took me to a page to enter my AM number so i'm gonna assume anyone can use it! Spend $100 or more at Rona before Sunday Nov 10th (nice day for a 35th wedding anniversary, doncha think :P ) and get 10 X the miles
RONA 10 X miles

I received Rona exclusive email, Nov 9-10 as well. Note that Rona has just been added back onto airmilesshops (wasn't there for Mountain of Miles):

Edit: Sorry, duplicate, @Donald - my hero beat me too it. I'll emphasize the airmilesshops part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter