Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just checked out the Blue Friday in the west. I was very underwhelmed :( There are a few things I'll pick up...but not sure it will total 100.00. I will check my personal offers as well too and see if there is anything there I can add. Gone are the days of great Blue Fridays where making two shops was easy.

Just checked out the Blue Friday in the west. I was very underwhelmed :( There are a few things I'll pick up...but not sure it will total 100.00. I will check my personal offers as well too and see if there is anything there I can add. Gone are the days of great Blue Fridays where making two shops was easy.

I feel ya! I see a few things worth my time, and when I add in a STB coupon, I will get a decent haul. But it's nothing like those early days where it was easy to push 800 or so miles.

I think I'll be doing a Blue Friday, based on my budget when I get home and can check that. I did make a list, doesn't seem like a lot of miles, but a few things I do need (like cat litter and that is the brand I like to use, and chips that my kid would live on if I let him). Plus I do need the miles. I will use the STB coupon as well, even though the return isn't great, but a few extra is better than none.

I am trying to figure out if I should buy for the school food drive Friday or if there will be another Blue Friday before Dec 18th...........Hmmmm...
Someone Please check my math
50 boxes Granola bars x $2.22=$111.00
= 500 Airmiles right?
plus 100 Airmiles for spending $100.00 coupon right?
So a total of 600 Airmiles right?
+ 5x the base miles STB coupon?

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I am trying to figure out if I should buy for the school food drive Friday or if there will be another Blue Friday before Dec 18th...........Hmmmm...
Someone Please check my math
50 boxes x $2.22=$111.00
= 500 Airmiles right?
plus 100 Airmiles for spending $100.00 right?
So a total of 600 Airmiles right?

Hugs
Mel

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. There have been some blue friday droughts this year.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. There have been some blue friday droughts this year.

Yeah
That's what I was thinking ,,,,$2.22 a box is not too bad a price,,I have seen it a bit cheaper ,,,
but at least it would be one more thing off of my Holiday/Christmas list of things to do.
Now you all stay away from my Sobeys Friday morning...lol
Hugs
Mel

Rather late update to the flyer links in the first page ... that's what happens when you get lost down the rabbit hole of tweaking ADR's -- side note: you have no real budget to stick to, where do you eat? (No- we don't want to go to Vic & Al's :P ) Looking for a non-park, Disney owned location

Links not already provided by our late-night flyer spotter Mel!
Early Blurry Rexall On Flyer
Sobey's Western Flyer
Sobey's Atlantic Flyer
Foodland Atlantic Flyer
Co-op Atlantic Flyer
IGA Quebec Flyer
IGA Western Flyer
Safeway Western Flyer

Can someone please refresh my memory? I switched my preference from CASH to DREAM this morning so when should they actually be that ?- I bought gas and some other things at Shell and was hoping when they're deposited it will be to the DREAM account

Can someone please refresh my memory? I switched my preference from CASH to DREAM this morning so when should they actually be that ?- I bought gas and some other things at Shell and was hoping when they're deposited it will be to the DREAM account

Hi I just changed mine today and it will take effect after 3 am tomorrow morning.
Mel

From the Airmiles website

You can set up or change the balance preference for your Miles by moving the preference slider from 0% to 100%, towards either your Cash or Dream Accounts. Once set, click the Set my preference button, verify your email address, then click Finish. Your future Miles will be added to your accounts the way you want.
Your preference can be changed as many times as you like and the change will take effect at 3:00 a.m. ET the following day.

Does anyone happen to know if coupons count as payment or if they are a discount from the subtotal at Foodland?

I'm planning on getting 4 boxes of Prime chicken and I have the $5 off WUB 2. I want to make this count for StB so I need to have the right subtotal.

Does anyone happen to know if coupons count as payment or if they are a discount from the subtotal at Foodland?

I'm planning on getting 4 boxes of Prime chicken and I have the $5 off WUB 2. I want to make this count for StB so I need to have the right subtotal.
Where is the $5 off WUB 2?

I do this all the time at Sobeys, can't say for sure about Foodland but I would think it would be the same, it is a bigger risk for STB though.

This doesn't completely answer your question for Sobeys either but my shop last week at Sobeys for STB was:
Spent $51.94 subtotal, after coupons (played it safe)
Tax $5.99
Coupons $1.50 energizer batteries, .75 bertolli oil
Total of above was $60.18, subtotal + coupons + taxes
Receipt says I earned 3 base miles and 12 Shop the Block which meant both manufacturer coupons and taxes counted toward STB.
All airmiles were posted to my airmiles account last night.

When I do the Blue Friday $100 spend at Sobeys, I usually only spend $80-$90. Hardest part is getting cashier to scan coupon, they have never said no but I usually get "it's not my fault if it doesn't work" which I respond with "I'm totally ok with it if it doesn't".

My Sobeys airmiles from last week are messed up. There was a product bonus on chicken wings and a few other items and they didn't post. I know airmiles says they can take up to 180 days or whatever, but I don't remember that being the case before on a food item unless it was part of some larger promo. Is anyone else missing miles? They are on my receipt.

I’m looking at the spend $75 on beauty at rexall today as I need product .
Is there anything I can double dip with? I still am not great at this
You guys are the best xo

@kitntrip that sucks. DH was on strike before and it lasted 5 months! I feel your pain...

Thank you! 5 months, that's awful. I'd be so stressed lol. He's only on day 3, so not stressing too much just yet, but Christmas will be lean this year. I've used my PC points for groceries, and my AM to pick up a few gifts for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!