Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Home from blue Friday at foodland $127 and 587 miles so not a bad haul.
My best grab chips 4 for $11 plus buy 3 free 12 pack of soda so for $33 120 airmiles and 12 bags of chips and 3 free cases of soda we have 3 birthdays coming up so will be great f
Big kid going with his card at 2.. for hopefully similar results .
happy blue Friday all

Home from blue Friday at foodland $127 and 587 miles so not a bad haul.
My best grab chips 4 for $11 plus buy 3 free 12 pack of soda so for $33 120 airmiles and 12 bags of chips and 3 free cases of soda we have 3 birthdays coming up so will be great f
Big kid going with his card at 2.. for hopefully similar results .
happy blue Friday all
Great shop! I am heading out soon. Happy Blue Friday Hunting Everyone!

Good Morning!!
I am back after a few days visit to the ER.
Long story short--lots of gallstones and one lodged in the neck of the gallbladder,,at home resting.
Sorry I didn't post any flyer links but they are all listed on Reebee on Tuesday evening after 11pm.
Link here

https://www.reebee.com/flyers
Snuck out for a 15 min shop bagged 40 boxes of Oatmeal,,,,5 me and 35 food drive.
My excuse was I needed popsicles as I'm on a liquid diet for a few days.

Happy Blue Friday shopping.
Hugs
Mel

Good Morning!!
Long story short--lots of gallstones and one lodged in the neck of the gallbladder,,at home resting.

That sucks. I had that happen a few years ago, I ended up in hospital for almost a week because it caused pancreatitis which was worse than childbirth in terms of pain. I hope you feel better soon! I ended up getting my gallbladder out and feel much better for it. If they gave you medication, use it! It will flair up whenever you eat anything, so be prepared for that.

Good Morning!!
Sorry I didn't post any flyer links but they are all listed on Reebee on Tuesday evening after 11pm.
Link here

Snuck out for a 15 min shop bagged 40 boxes of Oatmeal,,,,5 me and 35 food drive.

Hugs
Mel
Feel better Mel. Good weekend to bundle up inside

Good Morning!!

Oh Mel, I hope you are doing okay! Gallstones are the worst, I had them years ago, so painful, I was so relieved to get my gall bladder out a few months later, the low fat diet was great for the waistline but really boring :)

Did a blue Friday shop this morning, 550 miles for me. I will do our regular groceries this afternoon, should get at least another 150, so it'll be a good AM day for me. The woman in front of me must have had 80-100 boxes of oatmeal!! I'm not sure what she is doing with it all, but I'm sure she will enjoy her 2000+ airmiles :)

Feel better Mel. I had to have my gallbladder removed a few weeks after my child was born, not fun. I hope you feel better soon.

Good Morning!!
Link here

Hugs
Mel
Oh no! Rest well and take care! Hope you feel better soon!

Glad to hear you were able to slip out to the store and take part in Blue Friday Mel. I did Sobeys and Foodland this morning. I am cutting back and only picking up things we will use in the next two months (or so) but even with that I had a good morning. $250 spent racked up 970AM.

Now I'm off to Rexall to do the spend $30 get 100 and then I'll pop into Metro and pick up $10 worth of other things and use 95Cash miles to get 25AM.

All in all it will be a good day AM wise. (DH paid for car and house insurance for the year with my CC so that will bring in another 450AM)

Let it snow tomorrow because I will be staying in and eating :P .

Happy hunting everyone.

Edit to add Rexall ended up being 121AM and Metro was 30AM. Grand total for the day 1123AM.

Last edited:
Good Morning!!
Link here

Hugs
Mel

feel better!

Got up early for a 5:30am trip to Sobeys. Got 34 boxes of oatmeal :laughing:. I actually quite like this oatmeal and haven't noticed any particular mushiness but I do heat it at less of a temp so perhaps that's why. I eat 2 pouches every morning at work so this will be a good stockpile for now. Worked out to 901AMs for $125 and some change (I also picked up 1 of the Columbia Coffee k-pods). I actually did terrible math with the oatmeal. I should have gotten 2 more for 100 more AMs and then I forgot to use the over $100 coupon so I'm out 200AMs on that (completely my fault so I have no one to be angry with lol).

I will head to Foodland after work for another $100 spend, this will be for probably 500AMs or so. This will at least allow me to get my 2nd (and last!) 7 day park hopper ticket from the personal shopper for a September trip I'm taking. Now only flights to go!

Just back from Sobeys. Broke the shop into 2. First one was 36 boxes of oatmeal, for $108.00 for 1005am, plus a 5cents off gas coupon. These will go right to the food bank. Really if you look at it, paid nothing for the oatmeal, just converted the $100 to 1000 am, will use them for our water park pass in March. And the food bank gets a good donation. Might be doing this again today for wifes card then she is closer to Onyx this year.
2nd shop was just a bunch of stuff needed or on sale that we will use. $124 for 396am, not so great, but another 5cent off coupon. Driving a minivan we will make the most of those.
Stay warm everyone.
Just a personal note. If you can set aside the $108. Buy the 36 boxes for the return. These are great for your local food bank and after the big push at Christmas time there is a lull afterwards. If you see it as I do and just a reallocation of funds, and ONLY if you can afford it, brings warmth to you on a cold day like today.
Cheers.
edit, small bonus and not the reason to do, but some food banks if you bring the receipt will give you a charitable donation tax receipt.

Good Morning!!

Oh Mel-I hear you! I had my gallbladder out after my son was born (like a lot of you it would seem!) so I totally know how excruciating that pain is.

I hope you feel like yourself again soon!

Good Morning!!
Link here

Hugs
Mel
Oh I hope you feel better soon Mel. I had gallstones in my 30s and they were terrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!