Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Now if we were to get a one day Rexall offer on the website...:worship: Actually this could be used by those of us (of a certain advanced age) on Tuesday to get a $10 receipt coupon as well as the 80AM. Equivalent to 175AM for A $50 spend.
Is it bad that i prayed to the AM gods to hold off on a one-day-only double-dipping coupon until we get home :rolleyes1 I forgot to copy my word file onto the surface so creating a post would have been a tad tedious!

Is it weird that I like checking my Air Canada app and seeing my plane tickets all loaded and ready to go for December? LOL

My folks are headed to Orlando on Sunday for 10 days and I'm beyond jealous. They are staying at the Clarion Suites outside Universal and have five days at USO and they are using their last non-expiring WDW hopper ticket as well.

This is the first time in 5 years I haven't had a trip booked for the winter/spring. ugh.

Just heard rumour that Air Miles and Rexall are parting ways May 1. Anyone else hear this?

yikes, that would be bad news for a lot of people around here!

edit: it seems like it could be pretty bad for AM too. shoppers uses PC optimum points, so i don’t know what other drug store they could possibly partner with. that’s a huge gap in earning options, and could hit the program kind of hard.

Just heard rumour that Air Miles and Rexall are parting ways May 1. Anyone else hear this?

I have not but that would really be bad for me. Perhaps it's a reason behind the decreased opportunities for double dipping and the reduced coupons of the past weeks?

I am a Rexall die hard but I will be getting my own Optimum card (DH won't let me use his points) and shopping there (and cashing out my savings for travel). Rexall last year net 7800AM

I don't know if I could be bothered to shop using 2 different programs so it might be the end of Airmiles for me (and I love my Airmiles) (ARE YOU LISTENING AIRMILES). I will use whichever program nets me the greatest advantage. Might have to sign up for a WestJet M/C for the companion flight.

I switched from Shoppers to Rexall after the Optimum merger with PC points, I only have the app and no hard card, so not even sure how the whole things works. I don't like shopping at the PC stores, they simply aren't as convenient for me. This will also make all those "shop at x number of partners" way harder. I love airmiles, but I'll look at other options.

yikes, that would be bad news for a lot of people around here!

edit: it seems like it could be pretty bad for AM too. shoppers uses PC optimum points, so i don’t know what other drug store they could possibly partner with. that’s a huge gap in earning options, and could hit the program kind of hard.

If Rexall moves to it's own program, then I think this will be bad news for them, not the customers. I only shop there to earn the AM's. Rexall's own loyalty program will struggle to compete with Shoppers DM and PC Optimum.

In Quebec, Jean Coutu (owned by Metro) has Airmiles but since Metre QC has its own reward system and not AM like in ON, it wouldn't surprise me if one day they switch to the M points. I'm a big Pharmaprix (Shopper) customer now and we even got a PC Mastercard last week so 2020 probably won't be a big earning year. I will probably do the big promos like StB or Blue Friday once in a while but that's about it.

Just looked it up it can be found here. Bottom line 10 points for $1 spent. 25,000 points =$10 off your purchase. That's spend $2500 to get $10 off. I don't think so.....

Edit to add. If you, like me, feel strongly about this change I would suggest going to the web page noted above and contact corporate Rexall to let them know you will no longer be shopping there. Spread the word and if enough of us write in they may review their decision. (althought I doubt it)

Power of the people.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!