Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Off Topic/ sort of because I need to make a shopping list,,and not sure where to shop for this stuff.

The event I am hosting in one of our classrooms this year is Christmas/Holiday cupcake decorating.
The event is turning out to cost a pretty penny and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for cupcake decorations that won't break the bank.
We plan on over 200 cupcakes.
Thanks Mel

So far I have
sprinkles
marshmallows
chocolate chips

Last edited:
Went to Rexall in Bolton, ON and got 222 AM. Mom went to Rexall in Vaughan (Rutherford Road) got 222AM.

My Black Friday Amazon shipment was split in 2 shipments. First one $59.99 pre tax, I got all the AMs 1 day later........ but second shipment I'm waiting and getting frustrated. The second item was a laptop $1899.99 pre tax, thats a lot of AMs. Has anyone had there order split and not received AMs for the second half???? I would hate to have to wait 90 days to chase down those miles.
This is exactly what happened to me. My $113 order was split into 2 shipments and I only received miles for one of them.

Went to Rexall in Bolton, ON and got 222 AM. Mom went to Rexall in Vaughan (Rutherford Road) got 222AM.

My Black Friday Amazon shipment was split in 2 shipments. First one $59.99 pre tax, I got all the AMs 1 day later........ but second shipment I'm waiting and getting frustrated. The second item was a laptop $1899.99 pre tax, thats a lot of AMs. Has anyone had there order split and not received AMs for the second half???? I would hate to have to wait 90 days to chase down those miles.

I had semi-decent luck lately with the online chat option but great success with Facebook Messenger. Once you've got your 2nd portion of your order i would suggest contacting AM them and provide them with the total pretax amount and they should be able to fix it up pretty quickly.
The total miles you should be getting should look like this BTW and it's a TON, don't let them make you wait!

1. Base miles 1/$20 = 97
  2. 5X miles from Amazon= 388
  3. 20X miles from the sitewide promo =1843
  4. total miles you should get = 2328

I was able to 222 for a $50 spend at a Downtown Toronto Rexall, but I used the self scan machine and just scanned the coupons myself so that may be one way to use all coupons.

I have had all my Airmilesshop.ca points post except Apple which at 20 x should be tons, but I always have issues with Apple.

I was able to 222 for a $50 spend at a Downtown Toronto Rexall, but I used the self scan machine and just scanned the coupons myself so that may be one way to use all coupons.

I have had all my Airmilesshop.ca points post except Apple which at 20 x should be tons, but I always have issues with Apple.
which location would that be? I was nervous to try and find one with self-scan so i just came home first and drove the poor cashier round the bend with my very careful planning!

Last edited:

just finished 2 rexall shops. it was my first visit to my new home store (moved earlier this year). they were *very* reluctant to scan all the coupons—i think one cashier was mad that i was taking advantage. but they all scanned. both orders were 53/54 $, earned 222 miles each time!
At least the cashier allowed you to scan them all. I had one who scanned two coupons then told me she couldn’t let me use both and remove one. Thanks to the duck I have found the 24/7 Rexall at University and Queen. I am getting ready to leave for my shop now. DD is coming with me to do two quick shops within 30 min parking to minimize cost outlay.

Off Topic/ sort of because I need to make a shopping list,,and not sure where to shop for this stuff.

The event I am hosting in one of our classrooms this year is Christmas/Holiday cupcake decorating.
The event is turning out to cost a pretty penny and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for cupcake decorations that won't break the bank.
Thanks Mel

So far I have
sprinkles
marshmallows
chocolate chips
Icing?

Thanks Mel

So far I have
sprinkles
marshmallows
chocolate chips
What about some type of cookie that you crush - you could use graham crackers , the marshmallows and chocolate chips for a smore's like cupcake. If it is for adults as well as the kids you could get ginger snaps.
Or even crush some candy canes for a minty topping. (you could take your frustrations out on the crushing of the cookies and candy canes)

What about some type of cookie that you crush - you could use graham crackers , the marshmallows and chocolate chips for a smore's like cupcake. If it is for adults as well as the kids you could get ginger snaps.
Or even crush some candy canes for a minty topping. (you could take your frustrations out on the crushing of the cookies and candy canes)

Crushed cookies sounds like a great idea.
I can think of a couple of students that would be delighted to help me crush candy canes,,it will cost me a few candy canes though.
Thanks for the suggestions.
I was at Sobeys earlier today and found some boxes of these,,I'm thinking maybe I could use them?
Lady in the store said they were flying off the shelves.
Elf on the shelf cereal.
1575517596527.png

Hugs
Mel

At least the cashier allowed you to scan them all. I had one who scanned two coupons then told me she couldn’t let me use both and remove one. Thanks to the duck I have found the 24/7 Rexall at University and Queen. I am getting ready to leave for my shop now. DD is coming with me to do two quick shops within 30 min parking to minimize cost outlay.

I don't think I'll count on it happening at that location again. It's a shame because it's a huge store and I could very easily shop there regularly, but it's not worth it for me if I know they're going to resist scanning multiple coupons.

I hope you get some awesome shops in!

Crushed cookies sounds like a great idea.
I can think of a couple of students that would be delighted to help me crush candy canes,,it will cost me a few candy canes though.
Thanks for the suggestions.
I was at Sobeys earlier today and found some boxes of these,,I'm thinking maybe I could use them?
Lady in the store said they were flying off the shelves.
Elf on the shelf cereal.
View attachment 456664

Hugs
Mel

the world is a funny place...I'm sure kids would love it, but to me, it looks like slightly more vibrant dog food! :rotfl:

My suggestions: pretzels (little rods or the tiny twists) or teddy grahams.

My other suggestion is not great for air miles, but I would scan the aisles at bulk barn. They have great decorations and candy that could be a much better deal than buying at a regular grocery store.

I don't think I'll count on it happening at that location again. It's a shame because it's a huge store and I could very easily shop there regularly, but it's not worth it for me if I know they're going to resist scanning multiple coupons.

I hope you get some awesome shops in!
Just did my two shops and all coupons stacked. The cashier was new and he was reluctant to scan my $30 receipt coupon at the end. The manager was called. The cashier mentioned that he had already scanned all the Airmiles coupons then he was not sure about the $30 one on the receipt. The manager didn’t even check my Airmiles coupons. He just helped the cashier scan the receipt coupon and that’s it. I love this store! It’s worth the drive and parking!! Thanks to the duck again!!

Just did my two shops and all coupons stacked. The cashier was new and he was reluctant to scan my $30 receipt coupon at the end. The manager was called. The cashier mentioned that he had already scanned all the Airmiles coupons then he was not sure about the $30 one on the receipt. The manager didn’t even check my Airmiles coupons. He just helped the cashier scan the receipt coupon and that’s it. I love this store! It’s worth the drive and parking!! Thanks to the duck again!!
I know! they have THE BEST STAFF EVER at that store! My intention was to get off the bus at the corner of University & Queen but i didn't wake up in time to get my coat on :rolleyes1 then i thought i would go there before i came home but i was just exhausted and chose to come home. Still had a decent shopping trip but really do prefer that store. So happy you enjoy it as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts